+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New!New!New!

super effective Last Man Standing Champion FLawEdmiNd may be famous one day FLawEdmiNd may be famous one day FLawEdmiNd's Avatar
    Thanks

New!New!New!

I think it's about time we got some new banners for AO, what about you guys? We haven't had a big contest in a long time and AO really needs to be spiced up, considering how dead it's been recently.

Of course it's natural that things slow down but damn, this is the slowest I've ever seen the place my whole time being here.. not to nag or anything, but is there an ETA on when the gallery will be back up? That's one of the major reasons why I don't come here very often anymore and it's nearly my favorite part about the site :c

the lovely members being number xD
    the love you withhold is the pain you carry.

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: New!New!New!

We had a contest a while ago, but very few of the entries followed the requirements for the contest.

Then the site got hacked multiple times. Something we are still recovering from well over a year later.

We got bigger problems on our plates at the moment right now then dealing with a minor cosmetic feature.

super effective Last Man Standing Champion FLawEdmiNd may be famous one day FLawEdmiNd may be famous one day FLawEdmiNd's Avatar
    Thanks

When you put it that way you make it sound like I don't care about the site's well being xD

If I could help, I would, though I don't even know what's wrong.. and I was simply trying to inspire the community away from endless journal entries and stagnation. Maybe I should start watching more anime that way I could participate in more of the discussions however, I'm still bawling over the recent decline in graphic talent.

:c

more guilt.

Legendary Otaku Violent may be famous one day Violent may be famous one day Violent's Avatar
    Thanks

I know this isn't my place to suggest this but I would like to request.

Why not build a graphics team on AO? The team would have the right knowledge of vB skinning/CSS so they could work on it for the admins and mods who are going through this tough situation.

This could help spice up the forum to build up the community.

THE RULES!

I'm on my grind in search to find whats on my mind, its one of a kind!

Newbie princessuk is off to a good start princessuk's Avatar
    Thanks

Another anime forum I used to use did that and it seemed to work really well. I like it when people get creative. WOuld you do like a voting process and that banner would stay up for a certain amount of time before the next?
    I will never leave you

Thanks

Do you think AO has enough dedicated shoppers to have a decent graphics team? I'm down but I don't have access to PS everyday..

Legendary Otaku Violent may be famous one day Violent may be famous one day Violent's Avatar
    Thanks

Well its not a matter of numbers its just motivation plus a small team so I think we have plenty.

Flawed when your not around Photoshop maybe you can start learning GIMP as a secondary program.

THE RULES!

I'm on my grind in search to find whats on my mind, its one of a kind!

Otaku anime_8000 may be famous one day anime_8000 may be famous one day anime_8000's Avatar
    Thanks

I second Violent's opinion. Even I don't rely on Photoshop for that much except for lineart coloring, wallpapers, signatures and re-edits. Which is why GIMP's portable version when I do leave my home computer just as efficient as Photoshop without some features.

And about the banners contest, Hassun said we would a potential amount of members willing to compete.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hassun View Post
    If we have enough serious candidates we can certainly organise a contest.
    How about everyone who's interested posts here so we can gauge the playing field.
    Plus Trunks also had this to say:
    Quote Originally Posted by Trunks View Post
    The only problem I see (one that wasn't addressed) is the new banners should really match the color scheme of the board or it won't look right. It's kinda hard to slap a banner up that is a completely different color and not have it look bad.
    So chances are your gonna have to purpose this to the admins for approval and hope they throw us a contest to enter.
    Last edited by anime_8000; May 19, 2010 at 07:03 PM.

.:Seize The World With Knowlegde:.

Currently watching: Kanokon:Bleach:The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya:School Days:Welcome To The NHK
    .:My deviantART|My Twitter|My Forum- AW Designs -Please Join|My Facebook|My Youtube:.

+ Reply to Thread