+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New Post Header

Otaku FallenSpiral may be famous one day FallenSpiral may be famous one day FallenSpiral's Avatar
    Thanks

New Post Header

Back in the old days of AnimeOnline at the top of the forum they had a "header" type of "widget" that came with vBulletin, that allowed you to see a listing of the actual new posts subject and the user that posted.

It was kind of a neat tool to quickly see what the new post was without having to go to each different forum category.

Ever think about getting that tool back?

It'd allow everyone to quickly see what everyone is actually doing in one spot.
    --//Nothing Ventured, Nothing Gained\\--

Admin Cowboy Bebop is off to a good start Cowboy Bebop's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: New Post Header

I am not sure I remember that feature. I've moved the recent activity module to the top center of the home page as I agree that it would be best to show recent activity in an easy to locate place.

Also, the left sidebar has a welcome user control widget that shows the last time you logged in and the posts since your last login. You can click on that section to see what is new that has been posted since you were last on the site.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Cowboy Bebop For This Useful Post:

FallenSpiral (Aug 06, 2011)

Otaku FallenSpiral may be famous one day FallenSpiral may be famous one day FallenSpiral's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cowboy Bebop View Post
    I am not sure I remember that feature.
    It was a long, long time ago; ha-ha! I've been in and out of this site over the past few years. I can't even remember what my username was before the site went down and we all had to start over from scratch.

I used to have a website under Gallcomp.. Doubt I'm remembered by them; ha-ha!

Anyway, I'm super excited that I made a contribution to the site. Just want to let you know that I'm a graphic designer for my local newspaper if you ever need anything for the site. I'm trying to relocate most of my spare time getting back into this forum. I recently remembered to come back here.

I've lost my way but I have returned, hopefully to stay this time.
    --//Nothing Ventured, Nothing Gained\\--

Thanks

Wow, so that was likely before my time even . Well, welcome back. We had a rough go for a while as we had massive server issues and some unfortunate attacks. Caused a lot of folks to give up on us. We recently got the server fixed and are now trying to slowly get some of the old features back up.

Cheers and welcome back

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Cowboy Bebop For This Useful Post:

FallenSpiral (Aug 07, 2011)

Commander Ham Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer's Avatar
    Thanks

This feature was installed and active when you took over the forum CB, it was at the bottom of the forum listing page beside the statistics. "Recent Posts" is what it was called, it was there before we started having site hacking issues and was there as of Nov 2010 per the screenshot below:

Thanks

Thanks for the help Chief! I have reinstalled this plugin so that it should again be available in the Forum index page footer. Let me know if you see any issues/bugs with it.

+ Reply to Thread