Closed Thread

Thread: Newb and/or Newbs of the week

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

Newb and/or Newbs of the week

I was wondering if I can start creating threads everyweek, linking our members here to threads or posts that made by member or members that will show their stupidity during the week.

On top, I was wondering if those that get picked will have to wear a signature picture, obviously with messages like, "Im so stupid" or "What a noob"

I am quite serious about this, as you can see I am not using any smilies.
    -------------------------

Instant Example:

http://www.animeonline.net/feedback-...erson-any.html

Hopefully, you caught the fact that this user posted the thread in the wrong section. Otherwise you might see yourself owning one of those "Im an idiot" sigs.

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

Otaku Ishamael may be famous one day Ishamael may be famous one day Ishamael's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Newb and/or Newbs of the week

I believe the correct term is 'noob' with the double 'o', not newb.
    "Who said I'm pissed?" - Silverskater145
    "That gigantic wall of text you posted did a pretty good job of it." - Raven Omega

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ishamael View Post
    I believe the correct term is 'noob' with the double 'o', not newb.
    Time to recheck your beliefs then.

"newbie"? --> newbs? and what else, im suppose to spell it with double zeroes?

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something

Otaku Ishamael may be famous one day Ishamael may be famous one day Ishamael's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pyoro-pyoro View Post
    Time to recheck your beliefs then.

"newbie"? --> newbs? and what else, im suppose to spell it with double zeroes?
    The terms 'newb' or 'noob' are used to describe a new person to whatever game/community you are talking about. Newb is used to describe a new member that knows they have a lot to learn and are therefore humble when it comes to how they decide to post and how they treat the older members. Noob is a name for new members who think they know everything, yet know nothing of how things actually work. Noobs usually make an ass of themself and just end up doing stupid things because of it.

A newb will eventually grow into a friendly member of the community that everyone likes, while that may happen with a noob, it is far more unlikely.

While newb is usually considered a nice name for newer members, noob is almost always used to disrespect people.

Someone else can probably make a better explanation than that, but I hope it helped.
    "Who said I'm pissed?" - Silverskater145
    "That gigantic wall of text you posted did a pretty good job of it." - Raven Omega

5.00 M33-6 solking may be famous one day solking may be famous one day solking's Avatar
    Thanks

I think this is a great idea. I always laugh to myself when someone screws up here and there. But wouldn't the "newb" or whoever is chosen be offended by this? We wouldn't want to scare off members, or do we?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by solking View Post
    I think this is a great idea. I always laugh to myself when someone screws up here and there. But wouldn't the "newb" or whoever is chosen be offended by this? We wouldn't want to scare off members, or do we?
    I think it'll generate some good fun among the regulate members. Most of the new members that make mistakes are those who don't stay long anyways.

Cheetos Overlord jaderabbit may be famous one day jaderabbit may be famous one day jaderabbit's Avatar
    Thanks

Closing Thread.

RULE 1:Insults towards other members, Admins or Moderators, excessive swearing, cursing and foul language is not allowed. Any member seen behaving in an aggressive manner shall face an immediate ban. Members are equal and anyone with a 'god-complex' will not be tolerated.

Quote Originally Posted by pyoro-pyoro
    I was wondering if those that get picked will have to wear a signature picture, obviously with messages like, "Im so stupid" or "What a noob"
    I find this thread would be insulting to newer members an older members especially calling someone stupid that jsut learning or have been ehre and are good posters this would make them leave instantly because i myself would leave if the entire communtiy labeled me out as being stupid.

Pyoro i wouldve never thought id seen a thread like this from you of all people.
    -Just another green eyed angel, distorted by mans love for hate-
    |THE INFAMOUS CHEETOS OVERLORD||IceNineKills|

Closed Thread