+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Old Threads

Newbie bigfoot88 may be famous one day bigfoot88 may be famous one day bigfoot88's Avatar
    Thanks

Old Threads

I recently got a warning saying that I cannot post in a thread more than a month old. Now I can see why that rule is in place, because AO doesn't want an overload of old thread. Correct me if I'm wrong please. I think this rule should be taken out. Because a lot of new members are not getting a chance to reply to that certain thread. Or at least remove the old threads that are more than a month because I've seen a lot on AO.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into
    (")_(")your signature to help him gain world domination.

anti-semantics Pub Quiz Champion tsurara may be famous one day tsurara may be famous one day tsurara's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Old Threads

make the thread again if you want to have something to say about it.

We've already recently extended the limit from 14 days to a month...

Newbie bigfoot88 may be famous one day bigfoot88 may be famous one day bigfoot88's Avatar
    Thanks

Ok I'm fine with that but could you guys at least remove the old threads that have been inactive for more than a month?
    (\__/)

Commander Ham Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer's Avatar
    Thanks

Like we have the time for that, plus why should we do all that work when your too lazy to even look at the date of the last response? I mean it is all of 2 inches up (or down) from where you are responding.

Fact is the old topics are there for people to "read" up on topics they have interest in. Not everything merits a response especially when you may just be looking for other's views, if after reading all the posts you still find you need to talk about the issue then create another thread, easy as that.

I Hate Junk Posting AiB Champion, Typo Champion Dragon Ball is making a name for themselves Dragon Ball is making a name for themselves Dragon Ball is making a name for themselves Dragon Ball's Avatar
    Thanks

Removing old threads will also result in a decrease in visitors here. These threads are found in search engines, and if we remove the threads, then fewer people will find us.

Also, I think those who participated in these threads wont be too happy if we delete their thoughts at the time.

Golden Crypt Lord James Bunny Champion, Leaf Bouncer Champion, Flying Pengus Champion, Jungle Jumble Champion, Hungry Hippaul Champion LichGRIFFIN may be famous one day LichGRIFFIN's Avatar
    Thanks

it's just an idea .. but why not create a system to lock threads that became dead instead of losing the ones revived? i mean it still can be viewed right? it's just a suggestion ...
    Life and Death are always one and the same
    EVEN IF A RAINBOW IS BROKEN THERE'S STILL THE SKY

Thanks

Heeey Cheifblackhammer no need for name calling. When I did it I didn't know that you couldn't post on threads that have been inactive for more than a month. If you guys really want to have it that way, go on a head it's not my website. All I'm trying to do is make suggestions to help out AO. However compared to animeleague you guys are pretty small. One thing they do that you guys don't is they don't have a time limit on threads. So that’s all I'm going to say.
    (\__/)

Witch Hunter GallComp may be famous one day GallComp may be famous one day GallComp's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bigfoot88 View Post
    Heeey Cheifblackhammer no need for name calling. When I did it I didn't know that you couldn't post on threads that have been inactive for more than a month. If you guys really want to have it that way, go on a head it's not my website. All I'm trying to do is make suggestions to help out AO. However compared to animeleague you guys are pretty small. One thing they do that you guys don't is they don't have a time limit on threads. So that’s all I'm going to say.
    You should have known about the rule as you are required to read them before posting. Animeleague has only 2000 more registered members, so calling us "pretty small" is out of place here, not to mention that we purged ove 40k of accouts last year due to innactivity and a great amount of posts are not counted in our totals... So your comparasion is not quite accurate, and we run the site the way we have found it more efficient for us, it may not apply to other sites...

9. The Following User Says Thank You to GallComp For This Useful Post:

LichGRIFFIN (Jan 10, 2008)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast