+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Omg!!!!! The site keeps logging me out

I Hate Junk Posting AiB Champion, Typo Champion Dragon Ball is making a name for themselves Dragon Ball is making a name for themselves Dragon Ball is making a name for themselves Dragon Ball's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Omg!!!!! The site keeps logging me out

Never happens to me on AO, prob because I'm here everyday. But I do get automatically logged out of other forums I visit only a few times a week even though I check "Remember Me". Has to do with your cookies expiring even though you selected Remember Me. It will only remember you for so long.

And yeh, as Chief mention, PLEASE try to give your threads descriptive titles. Helps a lot you know.

Learn, live, laugh, GROW 5 Card Draw Champion, Bubble Trouble Champion, Connect 4 Champion, Long Jump Champion, Collapse Champion, BALLZ! Champion, Rotamania Champion, Rotations Champion, Hishi Champion, Domino Pressure Champion, Fun_game1 Champion, Road Blocks Champion, Puzzle Maniax Champion, Cloud Breakout Champion lebasiara may be famous one day lebasiara's Avatar
    Thanks

If yuo click on the "remember me" box is not going to log you out unless you leave the site opem and inactive for too long. But it shouldn't kick you out if you have the remember me box filled.
    Also it can be a network problem... my computer sometimes just logs me off internet and therefore it logs me off anything I am on. But in my case it is the internet connection of the college that sometimes gives me a headache.
    Nothing less from Pyro ^_^ Great Sig ^_^ THANK YOU!!!!
    C:\Documents and Settings\MARA\My Documents\My Pictures\Anime room\sigs\music_sig1 mia ^_^.jpg
    "show me.... THE BEAST!!!" The Beauty and the Beast movie

Newbie Serena500 is off to a good start Serena500's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Akura13 View Post
    Ah, well, very glad to help you. I was confused once as well, but people were nice enough to help me, so yeah. ^^
    well i guess we are really alike. i don't know how many times i have been confused on here.

Quote Originally Posted by iluvmyloser View Post
    What I'm Trying to say is When you log in there is a button that says remember me..

Try to click that button when you log in if you don't already^^

As you come more on this site it will stop based on the server from your computer..or w/e but it will stop eventually but for now check the remember me then if you want to log off just click log out^^
    i really can't do that b/c i can only get on at school or when i go to the library which is not very often.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefblackhammer View Post
    1) Give your topics descriptive titles, it is the rules here.

2) If you don't ask it to remember you then it logs you out after "x" amount of time of inactivity. If your being active and it does it to you then I suggest telling it to "remember" you and then deleting the cookies once your done with the site.
    ok. thanks but im on at least everyday and it was doing it like every 3 minutes after i did something on here.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon Ball View Post
    Never happens to me on AO, prob because I'm here everyday. But I do get automatically logged out of other forums I visit only a few times a week even though I check "Remember Me". Has to do with your cookies expiring even though you selected Remember Me. It will only remember you for so long.

And yeh, as Chief mention, PLEASE try to give your threads descriptive titles. Helps a lot you know.
    sorry. it was the only thing i could think of at that momment because my mind was in a real hot mess. and how does your cookies expire when im on at school (the only time i can get on by the way.)

Quote Originally Posted by Redragon495 View Post
    This site has a remember me button I never seen it. Anyways dude the site longs me out every now and then to. I think it happens to every body on the site.
    thanx for that reassurance and by the way that remember me button is up where you log in.

Quote Originally Posted by lebasiara View Post
    If yuo click on the "remember me" box is not going to log you out unless you leave the site opem and inactive for too long. But it shouldn't kick you out if you have the remember me box filled.
    Also it can be a network problem... my computer sometimes just logs me off internet and therefore it logs me off anything I am on. But in my case it is the internet connection of the college that sometimes gives me a headache.
    well it is not the internet b/c my high school's internet connection is very high and will do about anything except log you out of the internet.
    Last edited by Chiefblackhammer; Mar 18, 2008 at 09:50 AM. Reason: 6 posts in a row? WTH?
    The battle of the best ninja..who will rise to the top? Maybe Sasuke. Maybe Naruto.
    Thanks to ryomakurosaki for the sig ^^

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Serena500 View Post
    well it is not the internet b/c my high school's internet connection is very high and will do about anything except log you out of the internet.
    That's probably the reason why. Most school computers don't save personal settings, cookies all that good stuff once you log off. Even if it was saved it will probably be deleted. That is why everytime you log back on you have to retype everything.

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

Newbie Serena500 is off to a good start Serena500's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Legend View Post
    That's probably the reason why. Most school computers don't save personal settings, cookies all that good stuff once you log off. Even if it was saved it will probably be deleted. That is why everytime you log back on you have to retype everything.
    really? i never knew that. thats probably why the school computers don't keep things that you save from the previous year.
    The battle of the best ninja..who will rise to the top? Maybe Sasuke. Maybe Naruto.
    Thanks to ryomakurosaki for the sig ^^

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2