+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Our so called "Elite" Members or higher

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Our so called "Elite" Members or higher

Dark1Angel, we do not treat older members any different then the ones that haven't been here as long. In fact, if you have less then a 100 posts and been here less then a week, we give you a warning, a link to the rules and send you on your way and if you mess up again, then you get an infraction.

No one gets special treatment, either good treatment if they're a good member, or a troublesome member who gets harsh treatment wouldn't get treated any harsher just because they've been troublesome in the past.

While the way the staff handles stuff might differ staff member to staff member, the result is always the same, the issue is dealt with the same way: an infraction or warning is given out based on the situation, and if it warrants it, the user is put forward in the ban request page in the staff forum, where the staff member has to make their case why that user should be banned, other staff members weigh in on the decision, giving their reasonings why or why not the user should be banned, then the choice is made by Dragon Ball or Trunks, the two admins of the site.

We're a community site, permanently banning someone from the site removes someone from that community, and we want to see the community grow, not get smaller, so the process isn't automatic.

God Of Angelz Submarine Champion, Rocket Racer MX Champion, Pencak Champion, Grand Prix Challenge 2 Champion, Twelve Swap Champion, Penguin Pass Champion, Crab Volleyball Champion, Hockey Shooter Champion, Trick Master Funky Champion, Mah-Jong Connect Champion, W.R.A.X. Champion dark1angel may be famous one day dark1angel's Avatar
    Thanks

Post Re: Our so called "Elite" Members or higher

Quote Originally Posted by aceman67 View Post
    Dark1Angel, we do not treat older members any different then the ones that haven't been here as long. In fact, if you have less then a 100 posts and been here less then a week, we give you a warning, a link to the rules and send you on your way and if you mess up again, then you get an infraction.

No one gets special treatment, either good treatment if they're a good member, or a troublesome member who gets harsh treatment wouldn't get treated any harsher just because they've been troublesome in the past.

While the way the staff handles stuff might differ staff member to staff member, the result is always the same, the issue is dealt with the same way: an infraction or warning is given out based on the situation, and if it warrants it, the user is put forward in the ban request page in the staff forum, where the staff member has to make their case why that user should be banned, other staff members weigh in on the decision, giving their reasonings why or why not the user should be banned, then the choice is made by Dragon Ball or Trunks, the two admins of the site.

We're a community site, permanently banning someone from the site removes someone from that community, and we want to see the community grow, not get smaller, so the process isn't automatic.
    So the issue is remotely never automatic then, ok so i must have read it in a wrong way then. I must completely been ignorant on some of the sections that go along with the rules being said, and i must be careful on what i state then. And also i would like to point out that i have not been here for an entire week, because i have been out, due to my busy schedule that i have going on. In other occasions there has been numerous time that i had been given a warning that i am willing to admit when there is more greater points from all the staff members that point out on what i have done wrong in a way that puts out a notification.
    Last edited by dark1angel; Mar 25, 2008 at 12:45 PM.

Magic intervenes when there is love in first sight.
    |アスタロス|

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

Only temporary bans are automatic as a result of too many infraction points (50).

God Of Angelz Submarine Champion, Rocket Racer MX Champion, Pencak Champion, Grand Prix Challenge 2 Champion, Twelve Swap Champion, Penguin Pass Champion, Crab Volleyball Champion, Hockey Shooter Champion, Trick Master Funky Champion, Mah-Jong Connect Champion, W.R.A.X. Champion dark1angel may be famous one day dark1angel's Avatar
    Thanks

Only temporary bans are automatic as a result of too many infraction points (50).
    Oh alrite i understand that quite well, only at first it really got me confused about several topics from my thoughts. Now that this is an oppurtunity to speak of automated results, does it not need to reserve anyone to be banned in the future?

Magic intervenes when there is love in first sight.
    |アスタロス|

One Man Army Ochi Gate is off to a good start Ochi Gate's Avatar
    Thanks

Demotions, unless changed manually, automatically expire when the infractions that caused the ban to happen. Meaning if the user is banned and the infractions expire the same time the temp ban expires, then they are automatically put back where they were.

"Elite Member" only means that you have been here a particular amount of time and posted a number of times. Other then that, it means nothing. They aren't better then anyone else.

However, someone who has been around as long as an Elite Member or Veteran has had plenty of time to remember the rules. They should know how to behave, and what is expected of them. in order to show newer members how things should be run, shouldnt we, the senior (in comparison) members teach by example? i think the problem lies not so much in the mods as it does in the individual member.

however, for a repeat offender, i belive something should be done. i dont know why Gungrave of Trigun is always getting banned- its none of my buisiness. however, perhaps further actions should be taken against such a case.

in my opinion, things here, in terms of the rules, are fine.

"You will only have eyes for Me!"

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ochi Gate For This Useful Post:

Legend (Mar 28, 2008), !Little negi sensei (Apr 04, 2008)

Angelic Lasura may be famous one day Lasura's Avatar
    Thanks

Indeed I've never seen Elite and higher members being treated better than others, the rules for Elite and higher are even a bit tougher. You keep on making problems Mini Dev and blaming everyone else for it (no offence, I like you, but that really is true). The site will not change for each person, you must change your manners in order for them not to break the rules here. I got two infractions in my first day and I learned from it.

My recommended fanfic: "Dreamer" by Scourge

Learn, live, laugh, GROW 5 Card Draw Champion, Bubble Trouble Champion, Connect 4 Champion, Long Jump Champion, Collapse Champion, BALLZ! Champion, Rotamania Champion, Rotations Champion, Hishi Champion, Domino Pressure Champion, Fun_game1 Champion, Road Blocks Champion, Puzzle Maniax Champion, Cloud Breakout Champion lebasiara may be famous one day lebasiara's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lasura View Post
    Indeed I've never seen Elite and higher members being treated better than others, the rules for Elite and higher are even a bit tougher. You keep on making problems Mini Dev and blaming everyone else for it (no offence, I like you, but that really is true). The site will not change for each person, you must change your manners in order for them not to break the rules here. I got two infractions in my first day and I learned from it.
    I agree with lasura, I have not seen Elite and higher members treated better than anyone else... actually as the rules state: Elite members should act more responsibly to the rules of AO.
    So it is normally spected for the elite members and above to already know the rules and to know how to put them into practice. It is not that Elite and higer are treated tougher but it is more likely to expect more from them that it is from someone who just got in. ^_^
    Last edited by lebasiara; Apr 05, 2008 at 10:45 AM.
    Nothing less from Pyro ^_^ Great Sig ^_^ THANK YOU!!!!
    C:\Documents and Settings\MARA\My Documents\My Pictures\Anime room\sigs\music_sig1 mia ^_^.jpg
    "show me.... THE BEAST!!!" The Beauty and the Beast movie

Golden Crypt Lord James Bunny Champion, Leaf Bouncer Champion, Flying Pengus Champion, Jungle Jumble Champion, Hungry Hippaul Champion LichGRIFFIN may be famous one day LichGRIFFIN's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm an elite member and i don't recall being treated in a special way .. and fortunately i'm not banned till now .. hopefully still .. but if you think about it what do you suggest minidev as a solution for this problem? banning him/her permanently? do you think that would solve the problem? by destroying the profile that he/she is working on for at least half a year (since he/she is an elite member) ... i don't think there's a need for any further major punishment for those BUT i think something else such as decreasing credit points ,etc would be more than enough to stop anyone from being indifferent about being banned once or ten times from the site ...
    Life and Death are always one and the same
    EVEN IF A RAINBOW IS BROKEN THERE'S STILL THE SKY

10. The Following User Says Thank You to LichGRIFFIN For This Useful Post:

!Mini Dev (Apr 12, 2008)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast