Closed Thread

Thread: P.o.t.m.

Femmebot Rehab Colt Crouse Champion, Bookworm Champion, Hangman Champion, Connect 2 Champion Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows's Avatar
    Thanks

P.o.t.m.

Where do we post entries for POTM?

When I go to the poetry forum, and view the POTM section... I can see that a couple people have posted poems there. (are those entries?)

I mean, we have the option of posting threads in the POTM month section, but they're visible to everyone. IS that were we are supposed to enter?

I thought I would put mine in the contest entries, then its confidential until the judging is over... But, I dont want to enter my poem in the wrong spot.

I dunno, Im confused.
    ... Not Ever Again...

Legendary Otaku Violent may be famous one day Violent may be famous one day Violent's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: P.o.t.m.

http://www.animeonline.net/f117/poem-month-potm-29720/

You should read the stickies before you post a question because they might be already answered. August 1 - 30 is the dates for the POTM for this month and will be judged by 5 people, your also limited to one poem.

THE RULES!

I'm on my grind in search to find whats on my mind, its one of a kind!

Commander Ham Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Peach_follows View Post
    Where do we post entries for POTM?

When I go to the poetry forum, and view the POTM section... I can see that a couple people have posted poems there. (are those entries?)

I mean, we have the option of posting threads in the POTM month section, but they're visible to everyone. IS that were we are supposed to enter?

I thought I would put mine in the contest entries, then its confidential until the judging is over... But, I dont want to enter my poem in the wrong spot.

I dunno, Im confused.

Post it in the POTM section, since there are set judges for the contest why would it matter if everyone could read it or not? But if you really don't want people to be able to read it early then wait till right before the contest ends and then post it.

@ Violent, that thread doesn't say anything about "where" to post her entry so it really doesn't do her much good for that.

Femmebot Rehab Colt Crouse Champion, Bookworm Champion, Hangman Champion, Connect 2 Champion Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by chiefblackhammer View Post
    Post it in the POTM section, since there are set judges for the contest why would it matter if everyone could read it or not? But if you really don't want people to be able to read it early then wait till right before the contest ends and then post it.

@ Violent, that thread doesn't say anything about "where" to post her entry so it really doesn't do her much good for that.
    I think it sort of defeats the purpose of a contest.
    If you can see what others have done, it makes it much easier to make improvements on yours. Or mimic ideas, styles...ect.
    I feel it puts the previous submissions at a disadvantage.
    ... Not Ever Again...

I Hate Junk Posting AiB Champion, Typo Champion Dragon Ball is making a name for themselves Dragon Ball is making a name for themselves Dragon Ball is making a name for themselves Dragon Ball's Avatar
    Thanks

We have a closed area for image comps so members cannot see what has already been submitted. I don't think this needs to be used for poems as poems are very unique and cannot by copied so easy.

Legendary Otaku Violent may be famous one day Violent may be famous one day Violent's Avatar
    Thanks

@chief

Entries will be submitted beginning on the first of the month and up to and including the second-to-last day of the month. Example, if you want to enter the August POTM, you can post a poem in this section from 8/1 to 8/30. Entries submitted on the last day of the month will not be considered, as this day will be used for judging.
    Sorry I just wanted to point that out, so the sticky did answer the question.

THE RULES!

I'm on my grind in search to find whats on my mind, its one of a kind!

Commander Ham Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer's Avatar
    Thanks

My apologies, question is answered...closing.

Closed Thread