+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Paying for ad removal

Otaku Saionji is off to a good start
    Thanks

Paying for ad removal

I was just wondering, you know how you can pay money to get rid of ads on AO...Well, I just downloaded a plugin for firefox, that completely takes away Ads on pages, so what's the point of paying for it? Just wondering.

*edit*
    The ads really aren't that annoying anyways though, so why pay money? -As a side note.-

I Hate Junk Posting AiB Champion, Typo Champion Dragon Ball is making a name for themselves Dragon Ball is making a name for themselves Dragon Ball is making a name for themselves Dragon Ball's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Kind of a question.

The point of paying for it is to show your appreciation for the work we put into AO and the costs involved in running it.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon Ball View Post
    The point of paying for it is to show your appreciation for the work we put into AO and the costs involved in running it.
    Oh, I see lots of work. Make a store, and have people buy things from there, having people spend $20 on some bullcrap ad removal thing....well it's kind of a ripoff. If you had some kind of fan store or something, it would bring in more money, and attract more people to this more than likely.
    You could also somehow implement the credits, being they have no use as of yet, into the shop system.

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

If you want to sell stuff you need to have stuff to sell first. And that usually costs money.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hassun View Post
    If you want to sell stuff you need to have stuff to sell first. And that usually costs money.
    Oh, I would have thought, you know, before starting a website..you would have been financially secure with all the money needed to start the site with, but of course...hasn't this site been around for over 4 years or so?

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Saionji View Post
    Oh, I see lots of work. Make a store, and have people buy things from there, having people spend $20 on some bullcrap ad removal thing....well it's kind of a ripoff.
    You do know you could have the ads remove without paying $20 right?? All it takes is a simple linkback to any type of networking site you have. But I doubt you would want to help this site.

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

Otaku Bike Stunts Champion Shonen may be famous one day Shonen may be famous one day Shonen's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Saionji View Post
    Oh, I see lots of work. Make a store, and have people buy things from there, having people spend $20 on some bullcrap ad removal thing....well it's kind of a ripoff. If you had some kind of fan store or something, it would bring in more money, and attract more people to this more than likely.
    You could also somehow implement the credits, being they have no use as of yet, into the shop system.
    So, just after you said that the ads really aren't that annoying, you go ahead and claim that people HAVE to spend money on a "bullcrap ad removal"?
    Am I the only one that fails to see the logic here?

On a side note, I wouldn't mock the work involved in keeping this site up and running. Although I have no such experience myself, propably a thing in common between you and I, I do know these sites don't run themselves.

[Sig-Team Member] [My Profile] [My Gallery]
    *Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of Law*

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Shonen View Post
    So, just after you said that the ads really aren't that annoying, you go ahead and claim that people HAVE to spend money on a "bullcrap ad removal"?
    Am I the only one that fails to see the logic here?

On a side note, I wouldn't mock the work involved in keeping this site up and running. Although I have no such experience myself, propably a thing in common between you and I, I do know these sites don't run themselves.
    I was just trying to give them some ideas, and people don't have to spend money on the ad removal, you can get programs, or plug ins to do it for you at a cheaper cost.
    Continuous effort-Not strength or intelligence- is the key to unlocking our potential.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast