Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Plagiarized poems.

Banned Rave_Grip may be famous one day Rave_Grip may be famous one day Rave_Grip's Avatar
    Thanks

Arrow Plagiarized poems.

Dear members of AO,
    And the mods and admin, too,

Do you really think that people who plagiarized some poems dserve to be [permanently] banned?
    I mean, it's not like we have long noses [arrogance] and we feel disgraced that some of the members took poems without giving credit, just that dissapointement is probably a factor.

I mean, it's just on net ... we don't have any assignments, exams or anything; they can apologize if the content turns out to be plagiarized, OR give them infractions while at it.

I mean, if we allowed people like Lord katsuhito and other members which almost destroyed AO back to the community ... why can't we give those banned members another chance?
    Last edited by aceman67; Nov 09, 2007 at 11:21 PM. Reason: Putting the name in bold isn't needed.

is On Point Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Plagiarized poems.

^_^ i noticed a hint of malice in that last statement there~!

anyways, i think if plagerism of a poem becomes known, the reputation of the plagerizor will be severely tarnished!

but what are the rules if someone plagerizes in the gallery? i think those rules should apply to the poem section~!

Banned Rave_Grip may be famous one day Rave_Grip may be famous one day Rave_Grip's Avatar
    Thanks

Malice? :P Haha, probably, Abu-chan ^_^

And exactly, it's already bad enough that their reputation is severly tarnished, so why ban them? It's not a school! Can't fail them! Can't expell them~~ give them infraction, because they deserved it.

And about the gallery section ...
    A long time ago, I posted a wallpaper which wasn't mine, so I gave credit to he one who made it, however, I was told to remove it, since we are only to submit our own work. So it's fair enough for the poetry section, too.

anti-semantics Pub Quiz Champion tsurara may be famous one day tsurara may be famous one day tsurara's Avatar
    Thanks

plagiarism is wrong.

You ALL know that even before you step foot on this forum.

If you do it at school, you will get a 0. If you do it in business, you will be fined. If you do it as a professional artist or author, your entire career will be ruined. Every religion there is says that liars will be punished.

The bottom line: you know better than to lie for attention. If you are caught doing it, you will be punished. For the record, the permanant bans for plagiarism aren't for plagiarism at all: but for users who have plagiarised in the past continuing to plagiarise OR banned users coming back on multiple accounts (which is another major rule violation).

DON'T PLAGIARISE.

Thanks

Yeah I know ^_^ ... but what I am saying is, can't we ban them for atleast 2 months, before giving them a final chance?
    About the multiple user thing, I agree, they should be banned.

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rave_Grip View Post
    Do you really think that people who plagiarized some poems dserve to be [permanently] banned?
    When done more than once, it merits a permanent ban.

I mean, if we allowed people like Lord katsuhito and other members which almost destroyed AO back to the community ... why can't we give those banned members another chance?
    Where is he?

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

Thanks

He doesn't come on AO anymore, as far as I have seen, he is an Administrator in a forum based on collecting renders.

Otaku Zeikku Shadow is off to a good start Zeikku Shadow's Avatar
    Where the frozen tears from the heavens paint everything white.
    Thanks

Lord katsuhito... Who is that. What is all this stuff about people almost destroying AO before?

If the banned person is the one I saw just recently, I can understand. I was going through all the poems in the new posts section, and everyone of this persons poems were plagiarized. Not only that but she (I assume it was a girl) was thanking people for all the nice and supportive things they were saying about her work.

That's not just plagiarizing, it's plagiarizing and then sucking the marrow out.

If you do it knowing full well that if you get caught you will be punished, then tough luck. Suck it up and move on. They dug their own hole. You say they can't be expelled, well isn't that what banning is.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast