Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Plagiarized poems.

Jigoku Shoujo Dangerous Dave Part 1 : Mole Surfing Champion Descended From Darkness may be famous one day Descended From Darkness may be famous one day Descended From Darkness's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Plagiarized poems.

Quote Originally Posted by tsurara View Post
    The poetry section, the fanart section etc are made for you to post YOUR OWN WORK.

Don't post anyone else's. Credit or not.

If you so desperately want another person's work here, ask that person to make an account and post it themselves.

Credit does not exempt you from theft in the event that you do not have permission.
    Well what if the work of art that they made for you (ie. sig request etc.) or if you wanted to use whatever they made was made a long time ago and you can't get in contact with that person who did it? How could you ask them to join AO if you don't know how to contact them in the first place?

Anyways I know who you're talking about Rave and I think she got a just punishment. I know that sounds horrible but she did an illegal thing. If she was caught in rl she would get a fine or worse put in jail.

anti-semantics Pub Quiz Champion tsurara may be famous one day tsurara may be famous one day tsurara's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Descended From Darkness View Post
    Well what if the work of art that they made for you (ie. sig request etc.) or if you wanted to use whatever they made was made a long time ago and you can't get in contact with that person who did it? How could you ask them to join AO if you don't know how to contact them in the first place?
    A good rule of thumb with fanart/gfx work: if you paid for it (in MONEY... that went to the actual artist, not just someone else who stole the work), you can post it. This doesn't always work LEGALLY, but usually on the small scale business of fanart and graphics work, you're also paying for the "liscence" to use artwork when you've paid for it from someone else. HOWEVER, you are NOT paying for the right to become that work's new AUTHOR. If you do not post a note that you have recieved permission from the author (And that author's name), you are taking credit away from him in attempt to garner attention for yourself. That's screwed up. Complain all you like, but I will infract you to next Wednesday EVERY time you post someone else's fanart without assurance of both permission and proper credit.

If you can't contact who did it. You can't post it. Tough crap. You'll survive without that ONE image in your gallery. It's not the end of the world. Your gallery should be full of your OWN work and AO as a whole should be full of our own PERSONAL efforts as a community. We want original content, not stolen content.

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

The questions here have pretty much been answered, and you all know now what will happen to you if you get caught posting someone else's work anywhere on the site.

It won't matter how you justify it, Plagiarism in any form is wrong, and will get you in a heap of trouble here on AO.

Moving to Feedback and Questions, and since the question was answered, closing.

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3