+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The Pyoro Invitational

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

Lightbulb The Pyoro Invitational

This was an idea that I suggested over at AnimeInsight a while back, but it didn't quite work out. Here at AO I think that we have the amount of people and resources to pull this off. On top of that I have modified my idea a bit to make it more feasible. I decided to put this here because I wanted information and opinions from both staff and forum members as I rarely visit the SOTWs, POTWs, etc.

Now, down to business:

For anyone who is familiar with American collegiate sports, we have something called the March Madness, where the best 64 college basketball teams go to this single elimination tournament to become the national champion. For me, I would like to translate this into the same concept for SOTWs.

Here is how it'll works (a rough idea of it works):

- The Pyoro Invitational will take place once a year, mostly during summer in order to allow maximum participation.

- For one I know we do not have 64 people that participates in SOTWs and right now, but that is fine as I'll probably only have 32 for the tournament.

- What I am planning right now is to have 20 of the 32 spots that are made for the members here at AO who have been around for a while. And where does the other 12 spots go to?? Here is the main part.

- Members are allowed to suggest other forums whom they might have friends there but that are not members here.

- Six of the last twelve spots can go people outside of this site, but only with invitations from the top six members of SOTWs of the year (meaning the member with most wins).

- The other six spots?? Hopefully we can have an ambassador to go to other forums and send an invitation. One, we can get our name out. Two, I think it is good idea to build good relationships with other forums. Three, with exposure and this invitation we can really grab some good members to join us.

- Those forums that chooses to join the invitational will send one representative to participate in our tournament.

- From 32, it'll become 16, then 8, then 4, then 2, then your champion. The champion will receive a cash prize, and if it happens that the champion is also a representative from one of the six forums, that forum will receive a cash prize too. Maybe we can have a trophy too, called the Legend's Cup.
    -------------------------

That's it for now. If I get some feedback and this looks like it would fly then I'll give it more thought. Otherwise, we'll leave it for now.

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

Banned Rave_Grip may be famous one day Rave_Grip may be famous one day Rave_Grip's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: The Pyoro Invitational

Wow, not a bad idea, but I think since this site has so many members everybody will go haywaire because they would like to be the special champion.

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rave_Grip View Post
    Wow, not a bad idea, but I think since this site has so many members everybody will go haywaire because they would like to be the special champion.
    Yeah that is why it'll be only once a year, and on top we'll probably need the help from all the staff members to pull this off. But to answer your question I don't think it will have trouble, because not everyone here gets to participate in the tournament.

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

Banned Rave_Grip may be famous one day Rave_Grip may be famous one day Rave_Grip's Avatar
    Thanks

^_^ Wow okay, let's hope this is successful, this isn't a dead forum after all!

Learn, live, laugh, GROW 5 Card Draw Champion, Bubble Trouble Champion, Connect 4 Champion, Long Jump Champion, Collapse Champion, BALLZ! Champion, Rotamania Champion, Rotations Champion, Hishi Champion, Domino Pressure Champion, Fun_game1 Champion, Road Blocks Champion, Puzzle Maniax Champion, Cloud Breakout Champion lebasiara may be famous one day lebasiara's Avatar
    Thanks

Wish you the best! I like the idea. I might participate if it is during the summer adn if for then I fulfill the requirements. It is a good idea.
    Nothing less from Pyro ^_^ Great Sig ^_^ THANK YOU!!!!
    C:\Documents and Settings\MARA\My Documents\My Pictures\Anime room\sigs\music_sig1 mia ^_^.jpg
    "show me.... THE BEAST!!!" The Beauty and the Beast movie

You's Trollin Pro Leafblower Champion, Helicopter Champion ketaro is making a name for themselves ketaro is making a name for themselves ketaro's Avatar
    Thanks

Damn, Pyoro you are doing something freaggin good for once. lol man. It sounds pretty kool, i might participate and hopefully win.

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pyoro
    - The Pyoro Invitational will take place once a year, mostly during summer in order to allow maximum participation.
    Don't you mean minimum participation?

Fish Fingers & Custard Ice Hockey Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Mini Putt 3 Champion, Ant Tracks Champion, Jungle Hunt Champion, Madnetics Champion, Manole Champion, Blokken Champion, Fast Food Fiasco Champion, Shapes Hifters Champion, Mud and Blood: Vietnam Champion HolderOfTheDarkChalice is making a name for themselves HolderOfTheDarkChalice is making a name for themselves HolderOfTheDarkChalice's Avatar
    someplace where the only light is the moon above
    Thanks

i love this idea it would really spark some competition
    and get new members and such i would defenantly try
    otu for this if it worked out. and when do we invite other
    forums? i know a few that might be intrested? i know its during
    the summber but is there a start date yet?
    I'll be the one to protect you from your enemies and all your demons
    I'll be the one to protect you from a will to survive and a voice of reason
    I'll be the one to protect you from your enemies and your choices son
    They're one in the same, I must isolate you...
    Isolate and save you from yourself

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast