+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Questions for the Members

is On Point Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Questions for the Members

1. Why aren't most of you posting? um... the internet on my laptop died and Soshi has been using his more, so i can't really take it from him. besides that, i think i post pretty regularly and follow threads i'm interested in. the only time i avoid threads is when i know the responses are going to be arguing circles (ex: Do you believe in God?) and ones that i had fights in and no longer feel the need to say anything.

2. Why aren't any of you participating in contests? i did for a while, but i found another outlet that works for me better (it's posted in the Comics section! it's called Big Dumb Puppy!)

3. Why aren't any of you commenting in the gallery? i comment when i actually have something to say about it... besides that, i'd rather not post nonesense...

4. Do you like the poetry section? yes, i used to post poems there and i was even apart of the Poetry clan a while back... but my creativity isn't in writing now, so i'm not much help there...

5. Do you like the RPG section? i tried too but it was really confusing...

6. Do you like the new credits system? ^_^ i will when we get those user name enhancers! so fun!

7. Is there anything you HATE about AO? So much that it inhibits your ability to participate in the community? no, most of those people left or just stopped talking to me. besides that everything is smooth sailing!

8. Is there anything you'd love to see and would inspire you to participate more? Free puppies.

Messenger of Despair Hive Hero Champion dark angel swordsman may be famous one day dark angel swordsman may be famous one day dark angel swordsman's Avatar
    Thanks

1. Why aren't most of you posting? I'm Actually trying to post more since There was a time when I was even higher on the top postings before my absense. I'm not trying to spam the place but I want to get higher counts in a good way.

2. Why aren't any of you participating in contests? I do not own any materials that are used in the creations of: wallpapers, Sigs, and AMVs. I use the software at my school in my free time which is not too often nowadays.

3. Why aren't any of you commenting in the gallery? I'm very busy and usually have a certain amount of time; The gallery doesn't pique my intrest as much as some other things.

4. Do you like the poetry section? I used to love to read it, but for some reason I hardly go there anymore possibly due to the time thing again.

5. Do you like the RPG section? I love RPGing, but process are hard to keep up with sometimes.

6. Do you like the new credits system? I don't mind it; I really don't make any use of it though.

7. Is there anything you HATE about AO? So much that it inhibits your ability to participate in the community? Hate is a really strong word. I suppose I dislike some things such as the members who join and never posted [Inactivity] and when people type horridly. It just annoys the daylights outta me.

8. Is there anything you'd love to see and would inspire you to participate more? I honestly Can't answer at the moment.

Hope I helped in any way possible if even a little!
    http://www.animeonline.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=7987&dateline=1181515  689
    I won't let this world exist without me! If I die, we all die! / Avatar & Signature by anime_8000.

You's Trollin Pro Leafblower Champion, Helicopter Champion ketaro is making a name for themselves ketaro is making a name for themselves ketaro's Avatar
    Thanks

1. Why aren't most of you posting?
    Simple and clean as water; most of us are college students, therefore our free time is limited.

2. Why aren't any of you participating in contests?
    Most of us suck, so why bother when we know some other dude or chick is gonna do better.
    3. Why aren't any of you commenting in the gallery?
    It takes too much time to do so. Like Solking said before "who would want a good job comment about their work".

4. Do you like the poetry section?
    It used to be fun when Shake Heart, animechick and some other memebers posted good quality poems. Now, its kinda dull, so i don't bother to even post.
    5. Do you like the RPG section?
    To be honest, it is gay.
    6. Do you like the new credits system?
    I don't know we have to see and wait if this thing works.

7. Is there anything you HATE about AO? So much that it inhibits your ability to participate in the community?
    Umm.. well, i am not well liked by some higher ups and regular members, so i keep my distance.

8. Is there anything you'd love to see and would inspire you to participate more?
    I want to see the AO awards once again. There always crazy categories included in there.

Community Dude Asteroids Champion dude101 may be famous one day dude101 may be famous one day dude101's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tsurara View Post
    the main reason y i don't post that much is that i generally don't have a lot of time to spend here. even thou i just finished school i still got about 50 million things (including parties, i just finish my HSC!) to do and doing graphics work also takes up a great deal of my time. so posting becomes secondary.

i try and participate in most contests relating to graphics. but there's always the time factor involved and sometimes u get that artist block.

i comment in there sometimes when something catches my eye or i got something to say about a piece. but u can't force members who don't have an interest in graphic to post in there. otherwise it would turn ugly with the "i like this sig! it's so cool!" type of comments. probably the main reason y there isn't a lot of comments in there and that there isn't a large GFX community here.

honestly i don't mind poetry when there is poetry. i've look around in the poetry section every now and then. nearly every time i've been there i've seen comments on poems like "omg i so felt what u where saying in that poem" or something like that. u never seem to find constructive criticism in there. plus most poems are pretty plain, always about the same thing really.

nope. got no interest in it + no time to spare.

i like the idea behind it and like to see the ball rolling on this one. like to see how u can spend them and all. not sure if there is an option for that yet but i'll like to see it happen eventually. i'm in no rush.

7. Is there anything you HATE about AO? So much that it inhibits your ability to participate in the community?
    bad posts! more than anything i hate post that don't add much to a topic. and when we're talking comments in the gallery i really hate the "thats great" or "i love this" type of thing (seen a bit of this in poetry section, but haven't visited it in a while). those things just get u unmotivated. u start to feel like ur wasting ur time.

8. Is there anything you'd love to see and would inspire you to participate more?
    to be honest forums are a secondary type of thing. if i got a bit of spare time and want to voice my opinion i come here. if not i'll watch anime or tv or do something else.

there really nothing that will get me to participate more unless i get more free time to spend here, and thats not goin to be happening anytime soon. this is my main and pretty much only forum site i go to. but i do at most times enjoy posting here.

Angelic Lasura may be famous one day Lasura's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm posting as much as I can Not as much as some here *looks at Ray o.~*, but I think it's quite enough. I didn't post only when I didn't have internet at home and now sometimes because I'm having a harder time in my studies.

Yes, there are some people who just register and never post. I can't possibly understand that, because this is quite a cool place and the credit system and everything should be able to atract attenition, but yea... we see. Maybe some people just aren't very communicative and just don't like to be "the new guys".
    Some other people are just busy.

I participated in all contests I saw a while ago, but now, because of the lack of time, I'm just not able to make all those sigs and wallpapers and things. I'll try to participate when I'll be more free.
    Yea another thing is loosing all the time *sigh* winning is no way the most important thing for me, but... I've taken part in so f****ing many contests and never have I won, never have I even been close to it. Perfction comes with time I know, but I need some rest.

And I think loosing is the most fearful thing for others too. Or lack of ability to take part.

Well at first it was because no one else did much. Now it's because I really don't have the time and my freaking computer is breaking down and acting just too slow.

I love poetry section, doesn't anyone else? O.o Don't tell me you're thinking of closing it @.@ It's a great chance to show and improve your works.
    I must agree with Rave about the poem section, because I must admit that some people seem to comment just to appeare there, but, from the other side, it means they've read it, and that some poeple seem to write too damn much poems, 4 a day (unless it's after a period of inactivity) is too much! it can not be that you are such a good writer, then you should be.... earning as a writer.

But I really do love the poem section

Hmmm... The AO RPG system is better than some I've seen, but still it's not really my kind of game. It was ok... for a very little amount of time :P

So I must say- no. It could use things like quests for witch you get something, when I was there I could ony fight beasts (has it changed?)

Yes, it's quite great and making people post more I think, especially those on the top *looks at Ray again* o.~ It's making this place much more interesting. But I must say you should sooner introduce the credit spending system otherways it's just like a competition of who gets the most credits

Eeeeeeeee........ NO? O.o That's a really scary question, I must take a look if anyone has answered "Yes, I hate Lasura." lol ^^

AO is nice, nothing to hate here :P

Eeeee...... Johnny Depp participating here would surely make me want to hang out here more lol ^^ joke. But actually... I really don't know what would...

EDIT: comments on other people writings:

Quote Originally Posted by princesslady View Post
    WOW A questionare. Hmmm let's see.
    1) Why am i not posting?
    Becuz you cant say what you really want to say without getting in trouble.
    and nothing interesting to talk about
    You just have to search. I've found many interesting ones lately, ofcourse it seems impossible to find something if you have like a thousand unread threads :P Hanging around more= more people to talk to= find more interesting threads.
    But the most effective way is what aceman said: start your own threads about things that interest you.

And the rules are not that strict... They are quite alright. There really is no need to be rude, revive threads after a month of "death" or double post or post short posts
    Last edited by Lasura; Nov 11, 2007 at 10:07 AM.

My recommended fanfic: "Dreamer" by Scourge

Golden Crypt Lord James Bunny Champion, Leaf Bouncer Champion, Flying Pengus Champion, Jungle Jumble Champion, Hungry Hippaul Champion LichGRIFFIN may be famous one day LichGRIFFIN's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lasura View Post
    Yes, there are some people who just register and never post. I can't possibly understand that, because this is quite a cool place and the credit system and everything should be able to atract attenition, but yea... we see. Maybe some people just aren't very communicative and just don't like to be "the new guys".
    Some other people are just busy.
    yeah i read always our newest member is ===== but i never see that name in the forum or anywhere at all .. mostly ....

I love poetry section, doesn't anyone else? O.o Don't tell me you're thinking of closing it @.@ It's a great chance to show and improve your works.
    I must agree with Rave about the poem section, because I must admit that some people seem to comment just to appeare there, but, from the other side, it means they've read it, and that some poeple seem to write too damn much poems, 4 a day (unless it's after a period of inactivity) is too much! it can not be that you are such a good writer, then you should be.... earning as a writer.
    people comment so they would make the one who wrote the poem of the importance or beauty of his/her work to increase the writer's motivation for writing more ...

Yes, it's quite great and making people post more I think, especially those on the top *looks at Ray again* o.~ It's making this place much more interesting. But I must say you should sooner introduce the credit spending system otherways it's just like a competition of who gets the most credits
    it is now about a meter increasing number ... i feel what you say ...
    And the rules are not that strict... They are quite alright. There really is no need to be rude, revive threads after a month of "death" or double post or post short posts
    they're not strict but mods seem to be harsh i was given an infraction of 10 whole points in the poem section for commenting a stupid comment there ... the only thing i was frustrated about that i was told not to ignore the rules which i didn't i was infracted after only six hours of the final warning i swear i read the warning after i posted several times there ... the frustration came because a mod started punishing people instantly at least they could've in the first day give warnings instead of instant striking infractions but still i'm grateful for not giving me more infractions for the rest other couple posts there ...
    Life and Death are always one and the same
    EVEN IF A RAINBOW IS BROKEN THERE'S STILL THE SKY

Angelic Lasura may be famous one day Lasura's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LichGRIFFIN View Post
    people comment so they would make the one who wrote the poem of the importance or beauty of his/her work to increase the writer's motivation for writing more ...
    Yea, I agree, it's good to do that, I am glad for ANY commetns on my poems. But if it's the same "I like it. Good work. Keep up!" in ALL posts... it just becomes too odd, you should try make more useful comments at least once a day.

they're not strict but mods seem to be harsh i was given an infraction of 10 whole points in the poem section for commenting a stupid comment there ... the only thing i was frustrated about that i was told not to ignore the rules which i didn't i was infracted after only six hours of the final warning i swear i read the warning after i posted several times there ... the frustration came because a mod started punishing people instantly at least they could've in the first day give warnings instead of instant striking infractions but still i'm grateful for no t giving me more infractions for the rest other couple posts there ...
    Hah! Don 't tell me! I got a BIG infraction in the first day, no warning, not much explanation. I must admit though. I hadn't read the rules carefuly and didn't know about the dead threads I should have known... I had earned it. Mods might be strict but they are not untrue.
    Last edited by Lasura; Nov 12, 2007 at 10:26 AM.

My recommended fanfic: "Dreamer" by Scourge

Witch Hunter GallComp may be famous one day GallComp may be famous one day GallComp's Avatar
    Thanks

OK guys.. Please dont switch the focus of the thread, this thread is to get feedback on your participation not to have a debate on what other members have posted. Every opinion is important and wr want to hear them, so please dont go and start countering previous posts...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast