+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5

Thread: Questions for the Members

Dragonrider Ichigo_06 is off to a good start Ichigo_06's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Questions for the Members

Quote Originally Posted by tsurara View Post
    These may seem like silly questions to ask, but they are very relevant at this particular moment in time. For a few months now, some of the mods have been making a HUGE effort to up traffic and participation on this site... but very few of the members are playing along. You tell us what we're doing wrong--
    1. Why aren't most of you posting?
    I am normally posting but I have days where I am too buisy with collage.
    2. Why aren't any of you participating in contests?
    I normally dont participate in any competiticion.
    3. Why aren't any of you commenting in the gallery?
    I havent been visiting the gallery when online.
    4. Do you like the poetry section?
    Yes actually since I have been here I have been writing more and more poetry, it is a good Idea to see how your work fares.
    5. Do you like the RPG section?
    6. Do you like the new credits system?
    Honestly I think it is a good idea and all but doesnt it kind of seem like a post count thing?
    7. Is there anything you HATE about AO? So much that it inhibits your ability to participate in the community?
    The only thing I would hate (not much of a hater) is people bringing there personal life into the forums and not PMing the person involved.
    8. Is there anything you'd love to see and would inspire you to participate more?
    I would like to see a section that allows you to watch anime from Anime online. anime like bleach, vandread, and others.
    ナサン フォオツド
    Keep what you hold dear close for one day they may be gone forever!
    Make one person smile for it will continue to spread but if you make a frown that will spread as well.http://www.animeonline.net/gallery/s...0/ppuser/57173

I believe in you Indiana Jones In Odd-World Champion, Forest_Brat Champion, Jungle Dave Champion, Beer Dude 2 Champion, Fly Girl Champion Pyro Psycho may be famous one day Pyro Psycho may be famous one day Pyro Psycho's Avatar
    Thanks

I have many other things to do actually and well I don't have enough time to post.

I try to. But sometimes I get really busy most of the time so I try to make the time for it.

I do. I comment pretty often there actually.

It's alright, sometimes there are poems that I do like. Sometimes.....

Not at all.

It would be better if we could get the colored fonts and stuff.....

7. Is there anything you HATE about AO? So much that it inhibits your ability to participate in the community?
    Well, sometimes I get so uncertain to post in most topics because otherwise I would probably do something wrong. But I think.......I'm pretty involved I suppose.

8. Is there anything you'd love to see and would inspire you to participate more?
    Well......I want to know more members and get along with everyone.

DeviantArt ll Livejournal ll Rainbow Flakes ll Gallery
    Feeling the beat of my heart ♥

Otaku Zeikku Shadow is off to a good start Zeikku Shadow's Avatar
    Where the frozen tears from the heavens paint everything white.
    Thanks

fireandice was saying to me that they really were going to miss the games part of the clans. I kept suggesting they ask about bringing them to the main forum boards. If they say no... no loss. Well I saw they finally asked. No answer posted yet. I have was thinking about it, and I thought why not share it with you, rather than just them.

They (being whoever) could designate one member to act as a meeting place to set the work the games out, present them for approval, and then post them.

I was thinking the games could be handled two ways.

1.) Open to all:
    Handled no different than Len handled them before. If you really want to draw more people to it, offer 5 points for every correct answer. 20 points (or such) for the top person.

I played in the last one for nothing, and had a blast. It was a great feeling getting some correct.

2.) Assigned teams (team games):
    You could run this much like the SOTW. A thread would be posted stating what the game (or contest if you want) will be about. Ask for entrants, then whoever is running the game (contest) randomly splits people up into teams. Then teams submit their answers by the deadline. Winners announced later.

Option two will have a much different feel. First, it has the potential to help members meet others they didn't already know. They may even make friends as they work together.

Teams could be set at any number, determined by the number of entrants (2, 5, 10, 20...). Since they teams will be assigned randomly, the possibility of cheating is reduced.

If all teams are given the same questions, they would obviously have to present their answers to the person running the whole thing, winners answers will be posted once game is done.

If all teams are given different questions, questions and answers could just be posted directly to the post as they finish.

I think any way it is done will have great potential of bringing in members who have not participated before. Older members will have a blast as well. Teams could foster friends, and a better atmosphere of cooperation.

This is just one thought, I will do my best to think of more ways AO could be better. It's hard though, I already think the site is great. I'll try though.

Otaku BrokenLover101 is off to a good start BrokenLover101's Avatar
    Somewhere where only simplicity can take me
    Thanks

I post when i see something that interests me.. and not much does on here anymore

I do.. well started anyway...

I do every now and then

Yes.

Not really

I don't really understand them and it kinda bugs me

.... no not really...

hmm... maybe if you had better and more interesting topics..
    X.x.X The only thing I'll ever want... X.x.X

X.x.X Is for you to love me the way I love you.. X.x.X

Newbie wing of black death is off to a good start wing of black death's Avatar
    Thanks

i do

i try to but then my cpu crash's

i dont beleave i know ware to go

yes

its not that i dont like it. its more that fact that i dont like to be tied to the keybord wen i rp, and then haveing to deal with time zone diff's for other ppl

its ben some time since iv ben on last. so idk how to use them yet

no

i dont really know what would be good
    i see nothing in your eyes
    i feel nothing wen you cry.

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

1. Why aren't most of you posting? I've been posting every day since this spring. Earlier it was because I didn't have a working PC of my own--I still don't, but I get to post at work and I use my roomate's PC now.

2. Why aren't any of you participating in contests? I entered my first POTM contest at the beginning of this month (Dec). So, who knows? I may enter more contests. I'm actually planning on entering SOTW, sometime soon. Oh! I've entered the AMV contest once. ^_^

3. Why aren't any of you commenting in the gallery? I do from time to time. I just find more time to post in actuall threads and hold conversations, rather than randomly posting images. But I show the gallery some love every now and again.

4. Do you like the poetry section? I love it!

5. Do you like the RPG section? Never been in it. I don't really RP as much as I used to, unless you give me a controller to go with it, LOL. I'm considering it though.

6. Do you like the new credits system? Abso-friggin'-lutely!!! I haven't a single complaint. ^_^

7. Is there anything you HATE about AO? So much that it inhibits your ability to participate in the community? Hmm... Let me think... *strains brain until vein pops out* Nope! I'm good.

8. Is there anything you'd love to see and would inspire you to participate more? How 'bout a J-pop section? Or maybe more trivia contests?

The Keiman of Anime keimanzero is off to a good start keimanzero's Avatar
    Thanks

Thumbs up Re: Questions for the Members

These may seem like silly questions to ask, but they are very relevant at this particular moment in time. For a few months now, some of the mods have been making a HUGE effort to up traffic and participation on this site... but very few of the members are playing along. You tell us what we're doing wrong--

I do even though I only joined last week.

I never do.

Come again? A gallery is for pix, is it not?

Not interested.

I have never played online games.

Eh?

Not really.

How about a synopsis and voice actor ID section for us anime-a-holics?

Thanks and SFN. Toodles-K&K

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5