Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Raising sig maximum

Lost in confusion Tetrix 2 v2 Champion Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy's Avatar
    In my imagination restricted by British Society!
    Thanks

Re: Raising sig maximum

I do know that members of staff have discussed many times about the signature limit and like Tsurara said, if you wish to make bigger sigs then make wallpapers and explore more with a bigger canvas.

With the signature sizes after discussion the current sig limit allows for the web pages to be loaded quickly enough that it won't slow down. if we all had around 300 x 500 sig for instance, it would slow down the loading time for the pages. The sig size at present allows for quick loading times except when an animated signature is used as it still takes longer to load. I tend to make small sigs as it allows me to focus more on what to include rather than to try and fill up a big space.

Xehles - I think Tsurara's comment is a very good point to make.

just my opinion there.
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    | Sazzy-Bu.co.uk | My Deviant Art | Anime Vector | Otaku Zen | My Twitter | My Tumblr | My last.fm |

Shake the Core. Xelhes may be famous one day Xelhes may be famous one day Xelhes's Avatar
    Thanks

Well you guys had the same opinion so you guys agree with one another however people want a larger sig size to make a SIG you guys comment was just a smart comment to throw back in there faces and that wasnt nice
    ..:Open Your Wings Evil Angel:..

anti-semantics Pub Quiz Champion tsurara may be famous one day tsurara may be famous one day tsurara's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Xelhes View Post
    O and Tsuara the point of this thread is to raise Sig limit not to make wallpapers....
    I relialize this... But since everyone is insisting that the current signature size is "not enough space to work with", it makes me wonder why no one is submitting any wallpapers: which is what this site was originally intended to showcase.

Signatures are lovely and all. But they're also chiefly ego-graphics. The chances of anyone coming here to find a signature of their own is pretty slim. I see plenty of people working within the current sig limits (that have been with this site since 2001), and I see virtually no one putting in the time and effort to make larger graphics that are actually far more useful and attractive to potential visitors.

Shake the Core. Xelhes may be famous one day Xelhes may be famous one day Xelhes's Avatar
    Thanks

Ok.....lets start this here

Thats not fair....limiting us because people wana come here to find wallpapers. No offense but as a regular person would think that likes anime there gonna look on (yahoo) Google Photobucket Deviant art ETC. people dont really come to forums to look at wallpapers. Im not saying i havent but there intent may be different. And as for you saying.

Signatures are lovely and all. But they're also chiefly ego-graphics.
    Whats that about. ya you wana call it ego. im sorry but should i not show my work that i am good with. is it so wrong to showcase something you made. then in that case what would a wallpaper be. There in the same boat all together a person makes a Wallpaper uploads it ETC someon elikes it yay good job....Someone makes a sig uploads it ETC somone likes it. Same concept ....
    ..:Open Your Wings Evil Angel:..

anti-semantics Pub Quiz Champion tsurara may be famous one day tsurara may be famous one day tsurara's Avatar
    Thanks

The point is: we never intended to cater to signature artists.

We're not limiting you in any way that you haven't ALWAYS been limited. In fact, you could say that by having signature limits different from other sites, we're ensuring that users CAN'T just come and use a sig they made for another site and need to make a new one just for AO.

We already have more support for sig-related activities than any other anime forum or graphics site I've ever been to. You've got SotW, battles, your own gallery, the ability to change your signature whenever you like, userbars, and are allowed quite a bit more text with your image than any other site I know.

I think you're being a wee bit unreasonable/ungreatful to say we're "limiting your creativity".

It's perfectly fine to ask for a few pixels... but you make it sound like a movement to overthrow major restrictions on a civil liberty.

Meanwhile this site is stagnating. And a lot of it's thanks to a constant focus on signatures because they require less time, less effort and are easier to churn out than larger graphics.

:Yuki fan: Spider Jump Champion Shinku no kage is making a name for themselves Shinku no kage is making a name for themselves Shinku no kage's Avatar
    Thanks

We already discussed on this topic here: Signature Size

...and DB stated:
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragon Ball
    Noted your suggest. I may consider 500 x 130 at a later date for selected user groups. Comments appreciated.
    He said he'll consider it so not much else we can do other than wait to see the decision he makes.
    ->:Be descriptive in your posts or its like you didnt post at all:<-

|The "RULES" of AO|My AO Gallery|YouTube|AnimeSuki|

Lost in confusion Tetrix 2 v2 Champion Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy's Avatar
    In my imagination restricted by British Society!
    Thanks

Xehles I would like to point out this an Anime forum and isn't really focused on graphics. And most people do come to Animeonline to look at wallpapers and not so much focused on signatures. The signature limit is there for reason so we don't have the pages 3/4 of the way filled with really large sigs and not focused on the content of the posts that are made.

If you want your graphics noticed then please feel free to post them in the gallery and make good use of the facilities that are available. The limits on signatures has been previously discussed before and will stand till Dragon Ball feels the need to alter the limit.
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    | Sazzy-Bu.co.uk | My Deviant Art | Anime Vector | Otaku Zen | My Twitter | My Tumblr | My last.fm |

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

The thing is. I believe that for some people it's never enough.
    First it'll be 15 pixels more. When that's applied for a while someone will ask for another "little bit more" and so on.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast