Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Return of clans?

One Man Army Ochi Gate is off to a good start Ochi Gate's Avatar
    Thanks

Return of clans?

Hey Mods, I was thinking, and wondering if there whas any chance of the clans comming back. i realise that they where faulty back in the day (which was like, what? a month or two ago?) but if someone could find a better way to operate them, new generic clan rules, and had an acual reason for them, you guys think it would work out?

i had an idea, but it wasn't very good (i dont think, anyway)

1)Clans may have only one or two "private" threads that no one else can see
    non-clanners can see these threads, but not post in them. the other "private" threads cannot be viewed by ordinary members. i dont personally like this idea, but it is in regards to the comment made (i dont remember by whom" about the old clans, how it is a "public site and members should have acess."

2)Regular compitetions
    I remember the last few clan challenges where actually kinda fun. however, they where a "good faith" thing, and you could just go to google and find the answer. thats not nice but i think that with a few new competitions, the clans could be very active

3)Posting
    every month, the total posts by the members of each clan could be totaled, and the winning clan awarded clan points (however, the only purpose that i know of for "clan points" is just to have the most) it could even be set up so that posts which elicit an infraction takes away from the clan's points. this, i feel, could bring a lot more intelligent activity to AO.

there could be other rules, too, like the limit on members in each clan, and the limit of clans period. i think more than 4 clans would get a bit hariy, but i donno.

if anyone has any ideas, pleas put them forth. I, for one, would LOVE to see the return of the clans. That being said, i realise that the old clans where a bit flawed, but i hope that with some adjustments, they could become a reality once again.

-Ochi

"You will only have eyes for Me!"

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Ochi Gate For This Useful Post:

!Little negi sensei (Mar 31, 2008)

My Entity Is Unknown anime_being_god is making a name for themselves anime_being_god is making a name for themselves anime_being_god's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Return of clans?

YEA bring back the clans, bring back the clans, bring back the clans.....im protesting.lol
    na just jokin, but i to think it would be a good idea to bring the clans back, it puts something extra to the site, and i think that a lot of people liked it.

1st Sig finished 12-20-09

4. The Following User Says Thank You to anime_being_god For This Useful Post:

~always by your side~ Radarix Champion, Virus 2 Champion, Virus 3 Champion fireandice is off to a good start fireandice's Avatar
    Thanks

I think it would need alot of work and planning to get the clans back up and running again. To fix what was wrong with them to being with will take alot of time and patience. Don't get me wrong, I would love to see the clans back because they were a blast to be in. But if it's going to cause nothing but trouble, then it's best to just leave it alone.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to fireandice For This Useful Post:

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

Yep, would be nice, except that everyone would lose interests quick and be more about the chatting then what the clans really are for. Actually I love Ochi's ideas very much, and I want to add some points (these were typed up long time ago as a suggestion so now I'm putting it here as part of the discussion):

- Four clans

- Open it up to more members to widen the available pool of talent.

- Team member limit depends on final pool of available members who are willing to put their name in.

- Once the draft has passed, the only way to join is to wait either for the next draft or add your name to the wait list and be invited (see next point)

- Keep the limit under the pool number (i.e: if there are 24 available members, teams would be 5 max, meaning four members will not get a spot. They will have to prove themselves or be added/signed by Ochi's point system)

- No member's spot is safe, if they don't show pride or the fire, they are out, and the next one on the list is in.

- Staff members can help but NOT be a clan leader (I was hoping we could use this as a good way to see who has leadership skills on this site)

- Members will know ahead of time they are not allow to choose which clan they want, they will be drafted by the leader of the clans.

- We all know that there will be different contests, so the leaders have to draft wisely, and no one clan would dominate another in terms of challenges.

- Have a reward and punishment for the winning and losing clan.

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

Newbie Orochimaru is off to a good start Orochimaru's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Legend View Post
    Yep, would be nice, except that everyone would lose interests quick and be more about the chatting then what the clans really are for. Actually I love Ochi's ideas very much, and I want to add some points (these were typed up long time ago as a suggestion so now I'm putting it here as part of the discussion):

- Four clans

- Open it up to more members to widen the available pool of talent.

- Team member limit depends on final pool of available members who are willing to put their name in.

- Once the draft has passed, the only way to join is to wait either for the next draft or add your name to the wait list and be invited (see next point)

- Keep the limit under the pool number (i.e: if there are 24 available members, teams would be 5 max, meaning four members will not get a spot. They will have to prove themselves or be added/signed by Ochi's point system)

- No member's spot is safe, if they don't show pride or the fire, they are out, and the next one on the list is in.

- Staff members can help but NOT be a clan leader (I was hoping we could use this as a good way to see who has leadership skills on this site)

- Members will know ahead of time they are not allow to choose which clan they want, they will be drafted by the leader of the clans.

- We all know that there will be different contests, so the leaders have to draft wisely, and no one clan would dominate another in terms of challenges.

- Have a reward and punishment for the winning and losing clan.
    What are the clans? Im new so please bear with me here ok?
    Do you know the happiness and sence of accomplishment you gain when you have a chance to hurt the one you called "master"?

Banned Pyramid Gold Champion, Triathlon Champion, Panik: Pogomania Champion Little negi sensei is off to a good start
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Orochimaru View Post
    If you play online games a clan is the same as a guild.
    If your techinal......then its a faction of people assembled to do things.Chat,events, ect.

Ever So Awesome Kaboom Champion, Archery Champion, Crazy Pool 2 Champion, Ninja-Boy Champion, Bubble Shooter Champion zyta may be famous one day zyta may be famous one day zyta's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Orochimaru View Post
    The clans from before can be found here:

Clan Territories - Anime Online
    Clans v1 - Anime Online

I am all for them returning, I was far too busy before to give them justice.

Visit my blog: Rewriting Life

One Man Army Ochi Gate is off to a good start Ochi Gate's Avatar
    Thanks

Legend-sama, those are some good ideas as well. hopefully a few mods will put their two cents here, and we can possibly get some more ideas going.

the only thing is, i really dont know what the "punishment" and "reward" would be.....

"You will only have eyes for Me!"

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast