!Little negi sensei (Mar 31, 2008)
Hey Mods, I was thinking, and wondering if there whas any chance of the clans comming back. i realise that they where faulty back in the day (which was like, what? a month or two ago?) but if someone could find a better way to operate them, new generic clan rules, and had an acual reason for them, you guys think it would work out?
i had an idea, but it wasn't very good (i dont think, anyway)
1)Clans may have only one or two "private" threads that no one else can see
non-clanners can see these threads, but not post in them. the other "private" threads cannot be viewed by ordinary members. i dont personally like this idea, but it is in regards to the comment made (i dont remember by whom" about the old clans, how it is a "public site and members should have acess."
I remember the last few clan challenges where actually kinda fun. however, they where a "good faith" thing, and you could just go to google and find the answer. thats not nice but i think that with a few new competitions, the clans could be very active
every month, the total posts by the members of each clan could be totaled, and the winning clan awarded clan points (however, the only purpose that i know of for "clan points" is just to have the most) it could even be set up so that posts which elicit an infraction takes away from the clan's points. this, i feel, could bring a lot more intelligent activity to AO.
there could be other rules, too, like the limit on members in each clan, and the limit of clans period. i think more than 4 clans would get a bit hariy, but i donno.
if anyone has any ideas, pleas put them forth. I, for one, would LOVE to see the return of the clans. That being said, i realise that the old clans where a bit flawed, but i hope that with some adjustments, they could become a reality once again.
"You will only have eyes for Me!"
YEA bring back the clans, bring back the clans, bring back the clans.....im protesting.lol
na just jokin, but i to think it would be a good idea to bring the clans back, it puts something extra to the site, and i think that a lot of people liked it.
1st Sig finished 12-20-09
I think it would need alot of work and planning to get the clans back up and running again. To fix what was wrong with them to being with will take alot of time and patience. Don't get me wrong, I would love to see the clans back because they were a blast to be in. But if it's going to cause nothing but trouble, then it's best to just leave it alone.
Yep, would be nice, except that everyone would lose interests quick and be more about the chatting then what the clans really are for. Actually I love Ochi's ideas very much, and I want to add some points (these were typed up long time ago as a suggestion so now I'm putting it here as part of the discussion):
- Four clans
- Open it up to more members to widen the available pool of talent.
- Team member limit depends on final pool of available members who are willing to put their name in.
- Once the draft has passed, the only way to join is to wait either for the next draft or add your name to the wait list and be invited (see next point)
- Keep the limit under the pool number (i.e: if there are 24 available members, teams would be 5 max, meaning four members will not get a spot. They will have to prove themselves or be added/signed by Ochi's point system)
- No member's spot is safe, if they don't show pride or the fire, they are out, and the next one on the list is in.
- Staff members can help but NOT be a clan leader (I was hoping we could use this as a good way to see who has leadership skills on this site)
- Members will know ahead of time they are not allow to choose which clan they want, they will be drafted by the leader of the clans.
- We all know that there will be different contests, so the leaders have to draft wisely, and no one clan would dominate another in terms of challenges.
- Have a reward and punishment for the winning and losing clan.
'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
'Cause someday I might call you from my heart
Legend-sama, those are some good ideas as well. hopefully a few mods will put their two cents here, and we can possibly get some more ideas going.
the only thing is, i really dont know what the "punishment" and "reward" would be.....
"You will only have eyes for Me!"