Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Reviving old threads

Devoted Otaku Nympho may be famous one day Nympho may be famous one day Nympho's Avatar
    Thanks

Reviving old threads

How long is a thread allowed to be dead before it can be revived?

I'm not making fun, its just the way it sounds. But i've been here awhile
    and i should know better but, there are alot of good topics
    but they can only be allowed a time frame before being intoduced back into AO's circulation. I'm not sure what the average new member percentage is. But they dont know when the last time a thread was made in a forum there not accustomed to.
    I bet there is a sticky on this. But i also bet alot of people dont fish for them.
    Just to make it clear, for the Ao'ers new and old.
    A little
    refresher.

I'm a glass child. I am Hannah's regrets. Monster.

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Reviving old threads

All members are "strongly encouraged" to always search the topic they want to discuss first before creating the thread. But most members that are active here should have an idea of recent threads. Technically by rule, a thread is dead after 14 days the last post was made; however, that rule does not apply to the anime section.

But to tell you the truth, much of the potential "revivable" threads lack substance anyways (i.e.: What is your favorite, who is your favorite, etc.) and I rarely see any similar topics created in a short span myself...

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

Devoted Otaku Nympho may be famous one day Nympho may be famous one day Nympho's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Pyoro-Pyoro View Post
    All members are "strongly encouraged" to always search the topic they want to discuss first before creating the thread. But most members that are active here should have an idea of recent threads. Technically by rule, a thread is dead after 14 days the last post was made; however, that rule does not apply to the anime section.

But to tell you the truth, much of the potential "revivable" threads lack substance anyways (i.e.: What is your favorite, who is your favorite, etc.) and I rarely see any similar topics created in a short span myself...
    So say we want to discuss further an old topic to new members, or maybe we weren't involved in the old thread. Where is the fairness in not being able to discuss it now? Like say i feel strongly about a subject brought up a month ago and i have my own opinions and would like to make it personal to me and to maybe others who were not in said thread. Why is it so bad that i want to talk about it now?
    I could understand if the subject was like created into a thread like every 2 weeks. But there are only so many things to talk about, that interest a large number of people.
    Do you follow me? Am i going in circles?

I'm a glass child. I am Hannah's regrets. Monster.

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nympho View Post
    So say we want to discuss further an old topic to new members, or maybe we weren't involved in the old thread. Where is the fairness in not being able to discuss it now? Like say i feel strongly about a subject brought up a month ago and i have my own opinions and would like to make it personal to me and to maybe others who were not in said thread. Why is it so bad that i want to talk about it now?
    I could understand if the subject was like created into a thread like every 2 weeks. But there are only so many things to talk about, that interest a large number of people.
    Do you follow me? Am i going in circles?
    Totally. Even thought I have said that most thread would lack substance, there are exceptions. The staff members are not robots, and if you have something good to add to the topic that has been dead, then I for one will not stop you from creating a new thread on an old topic. But if all you want to do is to re-post what you already posted before, then there is really no point to do so.

However, if a new member comes in a starts a thread about an old topic, and it does not break any rules (meaning it will stay open) then you are free to post your views again.

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble
    Quote Originally Posted by Nympho View Post
    So say we want to discuss further an old topic to new members, or maybe we weren't involved in the old thread. Where is the fairness in not being able to discuss it now? Like say i feel strongly about a subject brought up a month ago and i have my own opinions and would like to make it personal to me and to maybe others who were not in said thread. Why is it so bad that i want to talk about it now?...
    If you feel that the topic is worthy of further discussion, you always have the option of creating A NEW THREAD TOPIC instead of posting in a dead thread.

What is usually the case is that threads go inactive because no one else feels that there is anything worth posting. Why would you feel theres a need to respond to a post that was made two or three months ago, and the original poster feels that theres no need for further discussion on the topic...
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Lost in confusion Tetrix 2 v2 Champion Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy's Avatar
    In my imagination restricted by British Society!
    Thanks

I agree. Making a new topic out of an old discussion is a good thing. It could be started from a different perspective and give other members something else to talk about. kind of like a continuation of the past discussion. If you are asking about how long should it be till after the old thread is offically dead. I would say wait a few days or something before starting your new thread. I think that is what you are asking nympho.
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    | Sazzy-Bu.co.uk | My Deviant Art | Anime Vector | Otaku Zen | My Twitter | My Tumblr | My last.fm |

Newbie fluff n pink is off to a good start fluff n pink's Avatar
    Thanks

i think u r giving pple courage!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!lol wel done!!!

thank you equinn!!!!!!

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dancy_SAZ View Post
    I agree. Making a new topic out of an old discussion is a good thing. It could be started from a different perspective and give other members something else to talk about. kind of like a continuation of the past discussion. If you are asking about how long should it be till after the old thread is offically dead. I would say wait a few days or something before starting your new thread. I think that is what you are asking nympho.
    A few days?? I thing you should make a new thread on a dead topic after its been dead at least a month.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast