Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Roleplaying Issue

Shake the Core. Xelhes may be famous one day Xelhes may be famous one day Xelhes's Avatar
    Thanks

Roleplaying Issue

Now....ive read in that thread by tsurara about The questions to the members of AO and.....I took special interest in Number 5

*do you like the rpg section* See...heres the problem. Most if not all answers are no i don tlike it and whats there reason *NO one has givin it a chance...* I keep telling people just try it. and some people say its boring some people say its pointless. Well are you going to listen to them or Do somethin on your own. I am like the only on on AO thats strongly for the rp section. I tire of people aying " i dont know how to role play" Well....if you would go to the actual section you would see the threads RIGHT in front of you when you come in. I created a RP guide to teaching you the basics of Roleplaying....but maybe you would have known that if you would at least go.

How can we grow as a community when eveyrone is stuck in 2 major threads.....
    ..:Open Your Wings Evil Angel:..

Randomly Renny!!! XD Boiler Breakdown Champion, Lotads Lament Champion, Crystal Island Champion, Festive Fallout Champion Renn may be famous one day Renn's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Roleplaying Issue

I agree with you.Personly i love that section but seeing as how it is complicated its takes me a while to do thing,but never the less people should try it.I mean come on!!!!its so cool.i didn't know what it was til i looked at it......

'This world is trash. Cursed by the Fon Master...'

~jUsT sMiLe~ _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_'s Avatar
    Thanks

As much as I know that your really putting in to the roleplaying section..

but if people don't like it, they don't like it, there's nothing you can do that can change that. Obviously, there are not enough people at AO that like it or have time to do it.

Prehaps asking why was a good thing, it seems alot of people just dont like it, prehaps some don't join because they know they have to write heaps, prehaps some like smaller rps where you don't have a write paragraghs. I don't know!

For me personally, I don't have time too, nor am I that interested in it anymore.

Shake the Core. Xelhes may be famous one day Xelhes may be famous one day Xelhes's Avatar
    Thanks

*sigh*...im just upset because no one wants to Actually...(give it a chance) like serioulsy. everyone wants to sit in the same forums and not branch off

~jUsT sMiLe~ _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_'s Avatar
    Thanks

As I said, not everyone likes to roleplay in the first place and you can't help that. If they don't like the idea they are not going to give it a chance, that's just life. and personally if I was new to the idea and saw your guide to roleplaying, I would get turned off too, not that it's bad, but it's just so much effort and time to put into it, and alot of people don't have that time.

prehaps if your that upset about it not working, your best bet is probably to get people from other forums to join, prehaps if they make it more active those who haven't been active from here, because of the inactivity, might join.

and I have to disagree with 'there sitting in the same forums' it's just that there not going into the forums you want them too XD

Jigoku Shoujo Dangerous Dave Part 1 : Mole Surfing Champion Descended From Darkness may be famous one day Descended From Darkness may be famous one day Descended From Darkness's Avatar
    Thanks

I have given it a chance once. It's a lot different to what I'm used to. I've been role-playing since I first joined a forum and I was 13. The roleplay here is a lot different. The rules are the same for the most part but the way it's set up is something I'm not used. I mean waiting for a mod to approve an idea and then set it up, takes too long. Maybe I'm just impaitent...

And I think the rp guide was a magnificent idea even though it is a little long-winded but that's how its supposed to be. There are no short explanations for role-playing..

Thanks

I dont like the way the Roleplaying is set up either but....They wont change the set up. Its horrible set up this i know but hey.....Until people are ready for change we cant move on from this point

Commander Ham Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer's Avatar
    Thanks

Is it that hard to get 5 people to say they will join your RPG before starting? What is so bad about that? Takes too long? What is going to happen to your opinion when I tell you that if you post it that it will just sit there and no one is going to post in it?

I mean you think just because you post a RPG that people are going to start posting in it when you can't even get them to "commit" to joining it before posting the actual thread? It is about waste, having 15 unactive RPGs vs 1-2 active ones, as more people get interested the section will grow. But that isn't happening and it isn't because of the rules or lack of decent RPGs.

The problem is that even with 5 or so people you still aren't active due to lack of interest in the whole section, take a look at the 3 open RPGS...the last posts are as follows:

Voided Carnage (Original Symbiote RP) - Oct 25, 2007 07:48 PM
    Dragonball Z: Orutaneito Taitou Ikou(RP Thread) - Nov 01, 2007 04:10 PM
    The Great Epic Tale of Fantasy ( 1 2 3 ... Last Page) - Nov 05, 2007 03:25 AM

No posts in 7 days, with 5 people in them! And you think yours is going to be active out the gate with no commitents from people when these aren't with people commited to them?

Be logical and the rules fit, though the section isn't going to be around much longer if things don't change in the activity department soon.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast