Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Roleplaying Issue

Shake the Core. Xelhes may be famous one day Xelhes may be famous one day Xelhes's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Roleplaying Issue

SEE!! the section may be removed soon if no one starts to get active. i feel as if im the only one that cares. I went through all this trouble of commmiting my time to this as well as writing guides and such. Heck ive even aded a thread for ideas to better the roleplaying forum....Yet none of you take advantage of anything i have done. Just....open the threads and take a look
    ..:Open Your Wings Evil Angel:..

Lost in confusion Tetrix 2 v2 Champion Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy's Avatar
    In my imagination restricted by British Society!
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Xelhes View Post
    Now....ive read in that thread by tsurara about The questions to the members of AO and.....I took special interest in Number 5

*do you like the rpg section* See...heres the problem. Most if not all answers are no i don tlike it and whats there reason *NO one has givin it a chance...* I keep telling people just try it. and some people say its boring some people say its pointless. Well are you going to listen to them or Do somethin on your own. I am like the only on on AO thats strongly for the rp section. I tire of people aying " i dont know how to role play" Well....if you would go to the actual section you would see the threads RIGHT in front of you when you come in. I created a RP guide to teaching you the basics of Roleplaying....but maybe you would have known that if you would at least go.

How can we grow as a community when eveyrone is stuck in 2 major threads.....
    Firstly, please remember that forcing someone to do something isn't going to work. If members do like the idea of joining an RPG then let them be. I don't join the RPG section because its not for me on AO and as a member of staff I do have other duties I need to do. I wouldn't want anyone dragging me into something that I feel that I wouldn't not feel interested in.

Secondly, if people say they think its boring then it is their opinion and for most members as I see from your post that the section isn't that active then surly you should be able to see that is there a lack of interest in this section. You need to make it sound interesting for members to join rather than moaning at them for not having the same interests as you.

Yes this is a community but it won't help the community if there is one member who tends to complain about people not doing what they want to do. I know you feel strongly for the RPG section Xelhes but for others they just don't feel the same way. So if people say they don't like it then please just accept it for you might not be able to change their mind.
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    | Sazzy-Bu.co.uk | My Deviant Art | Anime Vector | Otaku Zen | My Twitter | My Tumblr | My last.fm |

Shake the Core. Xelhes may be famous one day Xelhes may be famous one day Xelhes's Avatar
    Thanks

*Sigh* im not forcing anyone to join and im not whining but you know that ive been trying so so hard to get the RP section active here. As well as the other site i modded on with you (AI) i just feel so strongly because on another Anime Theme forum i belong to it works SOO well.. And if i could just Change a few things...i know it could work i just know it could

Commander Ham Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer's Avatar
    Thanks

*Sigh* im not forcing anyone to join and im not whining but you know that ive been trying so so hard to get the RP section active here. As well as the other site i modded on with you (AI) i just feel so strongly because on another Anime Theme forum i belong to it works SOO well.. And if i could just Change a few things...i know it could work i just know it could
    And what would you change to make it work so well?

Thanks

Me well..Id change the entire set up. i mean Everytying. For starters id place everything else where so people know what there getting into

Original RP's= Ones people created from there own imagination

Cannon Roleplays= Roleplays bassed off of Anime, video games, movies, ETC.

I would completely eliminate the RPG ideas part where it has to be approved. If it dies it just dies...You can try agin another time. And another Forum for Sign-ups.

I think that would work But hey its just me

~jUsT sMiLe~ _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_'s Avatar
    Thanks

not to be negative, even if you did these changes would it help? Because it seems that there are only a few people actually like rp in the first place. I lot of people are just saying that they don't like it full stop.

But I have to say, I like the idea of the original rp, pity I don't have time for it

Otaku Dune Bashing In Dubai Champion, Yetisports 10 - Icicle Climb Champion, Yeti Bubbles Champion overload is off to a good start overload's Avatar
    Thanks

Me well..Id change the entire set up. i mean Everytying. For starters id place everything else where so people know what there getting into

Original RP's= Ones people created from there own imagination

Cannon Roleplays= Roleplays bassed off of Anime, video games, movies, ETC.

I would completely eliminate the RPG ideas part where it has to be approved. If it dies it just dies...You can try agin another time. And another Forum for Sign-ups.

I think that would work But hey its just me
    I agree there Xelhes, and as I am a great fan of rp's and rpg from the playstation to the computer, I have found that nothing beats a good old fashion rp.
    and these ideas you have to creating a better rpg section are great. hopefully someone will pay attention and let you change the whole set up.

Commander Ham Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer's Avatar
    Thanks

I don't see how renaming the section would help at all, I can tell by reading the thread's title if it is a "orignial" or a "cannon" RPG

For example if we have the two titles Black Moon & DBZ: Unlimited which one is the original and which is the cannon? How does a structure change open the place up for more RPG activity?

Ok, nuke the ideas section. Go straight to the posting of the actual RPG threads... as far as the sepereate section for signups...use the OOC section and put a link to the sign up thread in your actual RPG thread.

I don't see that it is going to spark more activity but go ahead, try it.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast