Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Rule issue.

Sophist of Satire Exoparadapsyphobia may be famous one day Exoparadapsyphobia may be famous one day Exoparadapsyphobia's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Rule issue.

Quote Originally Posted by kedar
    Are you talking about my thread on suicide, Exo? If so, that has been dead for than 3-5 months, I believe, so it's far for being even revived. ^_^

~I believe what Kastelic-Sami meant was, if a member starts a thread similar to an existing topic, it will be closed at once. (^_^) However, if some decides to start a thread similar a dead one, I don't think it will be closed, unless it leads to spam. Example: I once made a thread on the topic of beauty, asking members to pick whether internal or external beauty (*) matters the most to them, but that thread got closed since was revived after being idle for a long time. Nonetheless, I was allowed to make a thread on looks versus personality, which is very much the same as that beauty thread.

Anyway, I do understand your side of the argument here, maybe if the idle time-period limit was extended to like three weeks, I suppose it will be alright, but I don't really see any difference that can make.
    I was talking about the new suicide thread that got locked, and I don't think that's what Kastelic meant by this. It was a repeat of a dead topic and it was locked. Also I am mostly talking about eliminating the rule on repeats of dead threads. Thank you for understanding my point of view though.
    Death is your most loyal companion, for he will never fail you.

Otaku zeroenix may be famous one day zeroenix may be famous one day zeroenix's Avatar
    Thanks

I don't really think that you guys see the point trying to be made here. Or else maybe I don't. There was a similar thread. Though the topic was talked about by older members, newer members have not talked about it. We and others did not partake in that previous thread. Because we were not here. Therefore we cannot post on this topic, cause it's closed, and cannot create a new one, cause it's locked now.

+=My Space=+ Thanks zeroenix for the sig and avi... wait that's me. +=zeroenix.net=+

Fish Fingers & Custard Ice Hockey Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Mini Putt 3 Champion, Ant Tracks Champion, Jungle Hunt Champion, Madnetics Champion, Manole Champion, Blokken Champion, Fast Food Fiasco Champion, Shapes Hifters Champion, Mud and Blood: Vietnam Champion HolderOfTheDarkChalice is making a name for themselves HolderOfTheDarkChalice is making a name for themselves HolderOfTheDarkChalice's Avatar
    someplace where the only light is the moon above
    Thanks

i am a forum vetran i have been to alot of forums
    where this is done i guess the mod's assume you know
    how forums work and that there isn't a problem
    closing a topic or thread after so long.
    I'll be the one to protect you from your enemies and all your demons
    I'll be the one to protect you from a will to survive and a voice of reason
    I'll be the one to protect you from your enemies and your choices son
    They're one in the same, I must isolate you...
    Isolate and save you from yourself

Sophist of Satire Exoparadapsyphobia may be famous one day Exoparadapsyphobia may be famous one day Exoparadapsyphobia's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by HolderOfTheDarkChalice
    i am a forum vetran i have been to alot of forums
    where this is done i guess the mod's assume you know
    how forums work and that there isn't a problem
    closing a topic or thread after so long.
    That's not even what we're talking about here, and threads are only locked after someone posts in one two or more weeks old. They aren't locked simply becuase they're old or dead. Please try to post with some relevance to what is being discussed.
    Last edited by Exoparadapsyphobia; Jun 01, 2006 at 06:20 PM.
    Death is your most loyal companion, for he will never fail you.

Warrior Monk kedar may be famous one day kedar may be famous one day kedar's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Exoparadapsyphobia
    I was talking about the new suicide thread that got locked, and I don't think that's what Kastelic meant by this. It was a repeat of a dead topic and it was locked. Also I am mostly talking about eliminating the rule on repeats of dead threads. Thank you for understanding my point of view though.
    Ah? O_O" I didn't know that it was locked, I thought it was still running. Let's see what the other members of the AO Staff has to say to it.
    Quote Originally Posted by zeroenix
    I don't really think that you guys see the point trying to be made here. Or else maybe I don't. There was a similar thread. Though the topic was talked about by older members, newer members have not talked about it. We and others did not partake in that previous thread. Because we were not here. Therefore we cannot post on this topic, cause it's closed, and cannot create a new one, cause it's locked now.
    Lol! Of course, I clearly see the point here, Zeroenix, if I didn't, why would I even post here. I very much understand your stand here, I once was a newcomer here, too, you know. ^^ Blah, I cannot unlock that thread, only the Supermods and kastelic-Sami can, so let's see what they might say. ^_^

Otaku zeroenix may be famous one day zeroenix may be famous one day zeroenix's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kedar
    Ah? O_O" I didn't know that it was locked, I thought it was still running. Let's see what the other members of the AO Staff has to say to it.

Lol! Of course, I clearly see the point here, Zeroenix, if I didn't, why would I even post here. I very much understand your stand here, I once was a newcomer here, too, you know. ^^ Blah, I cannot unlock that thread, only the Supermods and kastelic-Sami can, so let's see what they might say. ^_^
    Thanx for understanding.

+=My Space=+ Thanks zeroenix for the sig and avi... wait that's me. +=zeroenix.net=+

Fish Fingers & Custard Ice Hockey Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Mini Putt 3 Champion, Ant Tracks Champion, Jungle Hunt Champion, Madnetics Champion, Manole Champion, Blokken Champion, Fast Food Fiasco Champion, Shapes Hifters Champion, Mud and Blood: Vietnam Champion HolderOfTheDarkChalice is making a name for themselves HolderOfTheDarkChalice is making a name for themselves HolderOfTheDarkChalice's Avatar
    someplace where the only light is the moon above
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Exoparadapsyphobia
    That's not even what we're talking about here, and threads are only locked after someone posts in one two or more weeks old. They aren't locked simply becuase they're old or dead. Please try to post with some relevance to what is being discussed.
    what i meant was that they made the rule's
    for the new folk's that join becuase they assume that
    the rules about posting repdative threads is understood
    because they might have been to other forums with simuler
    posting option's and restriction's on the old and very old post's
    I'll be the one to protect you from your enemies and all your demons
    I'll be the one to protect you from a will to survive and a voice of reason
    I'll be the one to protect you from your enemies and your choices son
    They're one in the same, I must isolate you...
    Isolate and save you from yourself

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by yasha215
    Hippl Is My Father Muhahahah Really I Dont Know Wat Going On
    -----------------------------Double Post Merge---------------------------------------------
    i just wanna see if my signature is working the pic
    That piece of shit post just earned you a 30% warning increase.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2