Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The Rules.

Newbie Huike is off to a good start Huike's Avatar
    Thanks

The Rules.

Read the title.
    And so it leads me to this....Some may present their case and show what they got but not show any solution so therefore leads to locked threads, as well when the Mod, higher up cant take it anymore which leads to closing.
    Looking for any relavence? nope none here look further down.

When looking at the rules I check to see this:

7.Members are restricted to start no more than 4 threads a day. Please do not flood the forum with excessive, useless posting.
    8.Inactive threads, which have not been posted in for 1 month or more, should not be revived. They are considered dead.
    14.Please do not pseudo mod. We have Moderators on the forums for a reason, it is not your job to correct other members.
    15.Do not flood the forum with random long postings that are impossible to read. Do not repetitively post the same thing
    As well of Junk posting
    clutters up the forums and hides useful information
    I love Anime just because.
    - Will be deleted and an infraction given.

Like come on, For the rule 7 it's like telling a jumping jelly bean not to jump more then 4 hours. As well rule 8, Doesn't that rule just go back to rule 3? so thats mostly like suicide for infraction.
    Rule 14. No back seat moderating, you trying to get at? well like another member said
    Well its hard when i see the space space space because so many people do it and its hard to keep track of half the people on this site doing
    Couldnt this be another way to earn whatever your supposed?
    Well rule 15 is here...For the first part its alright and do not repeatitvlely post the same thing? lets take for example the Homosexuality thread/poll arnt they just repeating yes and no?

So I'd consider that you look over the rules and well...yeah.

Also im preparing to get baked here by responses, if I just leave.
    You won but yeah whatever.
    "i ain't perfect, i have flaws.
    but the one thing that flaw ain't gon'
    be is me bein' fake. "

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: The Rules.

First wrong section, Moving. Second the no more than 4 threads a day is there for a reason. We've had members spamming the place up with a zillion pointless threads. Four good quality threads is enough for one day. Third if we let people pseudo mod, wed have alot of flame wars. Some people dont like to be told what to do, and they get pissed. They dont like us doing it either but we have the right.

Thanks

A super mod?
    First it had reason to be debated between other mod members.
    maybe I had got this as feeback from
    But as well that only fixes a little of the owwies and boo boo's
    I cant look right now sorry i'll be back.
    be is me bein' fake. "

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks
    The rules that are currently in place are there for a reason: They work.

Its the reason why this site has been around so long.

They way they came about is really through trial and error, some rules worked, and others didn't. The rules have changed over time as well, like with the Dead thread rule, it used to be 2 weeks (14 days), now its a Month (30 days). That rule is in place so that we can generate new discussion and avoid epic 40 page threads that take so long to read through you really don't want to post in it. That and nothings stopping you from posting the same topic of a thread that has "died"

I really suggest that you read everything in the Rules/FAQ, as just the Posting Guidelines section (which is being discussed here) doesn't cover everything.

And I'm surprised this little tidbit didn't strike a nerve with you
    Violation of these rules can (and will) result in any of the following: thread deletion, thread closure, warnings, public humiliation, temporary suspension of account and permanent banning from Anime Online.
    Its my favorite

Thanks

Now, I see.
    I am not one to be humiliated if thats what ur getting at, For the rule's.
    For a site that's been on so "long" shouldn't it have come to strong enough and secure rules?

Also I do admit I had bit the hook to early but I stand by it, As well for Miroku I did take that into account but really? a limit to one's posting?

But are you guys answering me?

Edit: I might be braking a rule so I apologise.
    be is me bein' fake. "

Lost in confusion Tetrix 2 v2 Champion Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy's Avatar
    In my imagination restricted by British Society!
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Huike View Post
    When looking at the rules I check to see this:

As well of Junk posting
    - Will be deleted and an infraction given.

Like come on, For the rule 7 it's like telling a jumping jelly bean not to jump more then 4 hours. As well rule 8, Doesn't that rule just go back to rule 3? so thats mostly like suicide for infraction.
    Rule 14. No back seat moderating, you trying to get at? well like another member said Couldnt this be another way to earn whatever your supposed?
    Well rule 15 is here...For the first part its alright and do not repeatitvlely post the same thing? lets take for example the Homosexuality thread/poll arnt they just repeating yes and no?
    Firstly, you must understand that when a site has been around for a while, it will get hacked and this forum has so many times. So most of the rules are here for protection in case it happens again. Some times we do get spammers making more that four with the exact same information. Would you rather you see a lot of a duplicated threads or a nice well kept forum?? Hummm????

Really it is not up to members to decide what is junk posting and what isn't. And that in its own right is an act of psuedo modding right there. Members of staff here have been on this forum more than 2 years plus. We know this forum, we know the rules, and we know how things work. We are not just so members like yourself can complain and give us crap, which has happened because some members fail to realise that they are talking experienced members and that out of respect you are giving the hint to read the rules, so please do so and then you wouldn't have to complain about threads being closed.

I don't mean to sound rude, but as a staff member who does want members to feel safe, it does feel a little insulting if someone starts to complain. Yes, I can take it on the chin if worded in a polite manner, but then we are human and control certain emotions are not exactly easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Huike View Post

Also im preparing to get baked here by responses, if I just leave.
    You won but yeah whatever.
    We have looked over the rules countless times and we are happy with the current list. We have found that the rules so far, have helped a lot and will not be changed because a member told to change them. The owners will decide what happens not its members. So please out of respect, be grateful there are rules there in the first place.
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    | Sazzy-Bu.co.uk | My Deviant Art | Anime Vector | Otaku Zen | My Twitter | My Tumblr | My last.fm |

Otaku cojoe5 is off to a good start
    Thanks

Excuse me but I don't think that Huike should be complaining about this Site there are other Forums with the same rules and the same regulations...so don't get upset over these rules and keep quite....I for one am happy to have rules like these so I can have fun here in the AO. (Im sorry Moderators but this guy is very annoying)
    Assistant Commander *Master Ninja*

Railgun Assimilate Champion Sazuka may be famous one day Sazuka may be famous one day Sazuka's Avatar
    Thanks

Our rules are actually quite lenient.. if you're here to have an actual intelligent conversation.

You want us to allow any number of threads started a day, posting in dead threads, psuedo modding, and forum flooding? Well won't that turn the forum in a giant spamfest?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast