+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Selling Arts/GFX/etc..

Banned Rave_Grip may be famous one day Rave_Grip may be famous one day Rave_Grip's Avatar
    Thanks

Selling Arts/GFX/etc..

Hello members,

This thought just came into my mind, whilst browsing through deviantART: where ART meets application! , I saw some really incredible pieces of art on sale.

So, I just thought, what if we had the same feature here on AO? Since we have some incredibly skilled GFX artists here, so what if they created a masterpiece worthy enough to be sold?

O.o?

How about it then?

Witch Hunter GallComp may be famous one day GallComp may be famous one day GallComp's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Selling Arts/GFX/etc..

98% of the images produced in this website cannot be sold because of copyright. So far we get away with it because we dont get a profit from the wallpapers. banners. sigs, etc... posted on the site, but if we start charging for them we will get sued...

We arent an art community like deviant-art, so original images worth selling made by the members are close to non-existant...

Banned Rave_Grip may be famous one day Rave_Grip may be famous one day Rave_Grip's Avatar
    Thanks

Ahh, I see ... thanks for that. But, I didn't mean charging for them ... what if someone wanted to buy it? Can it be done outside AO?

Witch Hunter GallComp may be famous one day GallComp may be famous one day GallComp's Avatar
    Thanks

Not unless they have permission from the original creator...

Thanks

So it's possible, however don't we need permission from DB in oder to do that, or can we just do it without the perms?

Thanks

If an item has a copyrighted character it cannot be sold unless you have permission from the original creator to do so, or the item was produced by a licensor of such character. As I mentioned before, we are not DA and for that reason original Art is almost zero. We cannot grant permissions to sell items or images that do not belong to us (and do not come from an authorized licensor), and for that reason those kind of transactions are no allowed in AO...

I Hate Junk Posting AiB Champion, Typo Champion Dragon Ball is making a name for themselves Dragon Ball is making a name for themselves Dragon Ball is making a name for themselves Dragon Ball's Avatar
    Thanks

Graphic artists can always use the Fleamarket here to sell their own work and services.

Otaku katsoyori33 is off to a good start katsoyori33's Avatar
    Thanks

well i created a manga and characters for that manga.i have 27 characters i've created for my manga to be exact.check out the fanart section here at AO.i posted some of my art there.and maybe i would like to sell some of MY art...

Meow. :3

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast