Closed Thread

Thread: Should AO have a Comedy Forum page?

God Of Angelz Submarine Champion, Rocket Racer MX Champion, Pencak Champion, Grand Prix Challenge 2 Champion, Twelve Swap Champion, Penguin Pass Champion, Crab Volleyball Champion, Hockey Shooter Champion, Trick Master Funky Champion, Mah-Jong Connect Champion, W.R.A.X. Champion dark1angel may be famous one day dark1angel's Avatar
    Thanks

Exclamation Should AO have a Comedy Forum page?

I had a very well thoughtful idea;
    Should AO *AnimeOnline* have a Comedy Forum page be made up Yes or NO and Why?

Yes i think so, since this would be a great idea because members would discuss about certain jokes that are well populated and that other comedy themes are not recogniced. I just hope there is a good thing about having this Comedy Forum being part of AO it would be very fun and enjoying with coming up with different jokes of the day and other Comedy relations.

Magic intervenes when there is love in first sight.
    |アスタロス|

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Should AO have a Comedy Forum page?

Jokes will only generate so much discussion, then die off. That and the quality of the responses that would be generated from them would most likely be one liners that would be concidered low quality.

More then likely, this would never happen.

AO #1 (fill in the blank) KungFu Basil Champion, Lost In The Jungle Champion, Heli Attack 2 Champion basilisk888 is off to a good start basilisk888's Avatar
    Thanks

it would most likely be a blast at first but then it would start to cool down when people run out of good jokes... also it might turn to an ugly side when people start racial jokes and stuff like that... so it would not be that good of an idea...
    Last edited by basilisk888; Jun 04, 2008 at 06:32 PM.
    death and life are one and the same

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by basilisk888 View Post
    it would most likely be a blast at first but then it would start to cool down when people run out of good jokes... also it might turn to an ugly side when people start rashal jokes and stuff like that... so it would not be that good of an idea...
    I agree with basilisk. It is a great idea, and I don't think it will necessarily die down. The true issue lies with racial jokes, sexist jokes, sexual jokes. We can't possibly allow some and not others, and without those jokes there aren't many left you can post.

This forum member's can always use a good laugh, but it's more work for mods and I'm sure they don't want anymore work.

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

Otaku psychical is off to a good start psychical's Avatar
    Thanks

Perhaps some improv and mild sarcasm would do. But not everyone could keep that up, I guess...
    Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

God Of Angelz Submarine Champion, Rocket Racer MX Champion, Pencak Champion, Grand Prix Challenge 2 Champion, Twelve Swap Champion, Penguin Pass Champion, Crab Volleyball Champion, Hockey Shooter Champion, Trick Master Funky Champion, Mah-Jong Connect Champion, W.R.A.X. Champion dark1angel may be famous one day dark1angel's Avatar
    Thanks

Well i guess that is true and all but it could be not allowed to be inserted to post of all the inappropriate jokes for people that are not comfortable with. Is there another way to keep up good jokes that do not lie dead then?
    It would be much more satisfying with at least sarcasm from what physical mentioned.

Magic intervenes when there is love in first sight.
    |アスタロス|

Banned beast may be famous one day beast may be famous one day beast's Avatar
    Thanks

I don't think humor would work out on this site due to there being a lot of idiots way too easily offended. Between Obama supporters and mods the idea of trying to make a joke without getting infrations or post deletions is next to impossible in a forum that prides itself on being the head user of News Speak.

Case in point there will probably be several idiots who complain about this post.

Otaku mezzo1991 is off to a good start mezzo1991's Avatar
    Thanks

I think it would be fun, but i think alot of people would end up getting offended due to diffrent jokes. An example is dead baby jokes. Some love them others its to grotesque or rude. I dont think there'd be 100% way of making sure no one gets offended and i also agree that the responses that people would leave would be less than needed.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    GamerTag: AW joe7x
    Myspace: www.myspace.com/mezzo1991

Closed Thread