27. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

21 77.78%
  • no

6 22.22%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Should AO have a comics section

Otaku anime_8000 may be famous one day anime_8000 may be famous one day anime_8000's Avatar
    Thanks

Should AO have a comics section

this has been bothering me for a while but why doesn't AO have any comics sessions cause i really like reading manga just as much as the next person please tell me why

.:Seize The World With Knowlegde:.

Currently watching: Kanokon:Bleach:The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya:School Days:Welcome To The NHK
    .:My deviantART|My Twitter|My Forum- AW Designs -Please Join|My Facebook|My Youtube:.

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: What if AO had a comics session

I don't know if there would be a demand for it. We could do a poll?

Otaku anime_8000 may be famous one day anime_8000 may be famous one day anime_8000's Avatar
    Thanks
    ok then i'll make one for AO to decide on if we should a comics session

i need AO's members opinion if we should have a comics session for manga readers
    Last edited by LenMiyata; Mar 17, 2007 at 04:42 PM.

.:Seize The World With Knowlegde:.

Currently watching: Kanokon:Bleach:The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya:School Days:Welcome To The NHK
    .:My deviantART|My Twitter|My Forum- AW Designs -Please Join|My Facebook|My Youtube:.

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Should AO have a comics session

Grumble Grumble Grumble

The thing is, it takes a considerable amount of skill and work to have a regular comic/manga section going. Just take a look at the Megatokyo website and compare the drawings at the start of his story, and what they currently are... It takes alot of time and practice to obtain that level of skill...
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Newbie Beowulf Belmont may be famous one day Beowulf Belmont may be famous one day
    Thanks

I think it would be something worth trying here. I know there are some talented artists here in AO and it would be cool if they had something like that here that they would be able to post their word and where it would be praised and commented on.
    The trick is to know when to walk away and know when to run!!!

Moderator Fling The Cow Champion, Abba The Fox Champion deodaclan18 may be famous one day deodaclan18 may be famous one day deodaclan18's Avatar
    Thanks

I have to agree with len. A lot of people say they would like certain things on the site, but they don't realise and aren't willing to put forth the amount of time and effort it takes to make such an idea or section successful. People have lives, and to do something like this might not be worth the time to most of them.

Also for the poll, I don't want to see people posting it would be a great idea and then when the time comes to put in the work, they don't want to do it. Not that I think people on this site are lazy, but I've seen it happen and fail before because of this.
    Attitude of AO MODS, according to beast
    Because they have obtained that level they are arrogant. You have to kep in mind when you talk about these guys they are kind of dorks who probably didn't excel at much and this is their only outlet to flex their muscles. Their egos would suffer no less so the the forum suffers some more. Watch one way or another they will probably repond to this post with a threat. But there are better forums out there. Private messege Zev.

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by deodaclan18 View Post
    I have to agree with len. A lot of people say they would like certain things on the site, but they don't realise and aren't willing to put forth the amount of time and effort it takes to make such an idea or section successful. People have lives, and to do something like this might not be worth the time to most of them.

Also for the poll, I don't want to see people posting it would be a great idea and then when the time comes to put in the work, they don't want to do it. Not that I think people on this site are lazy, but I've seen it happen and fail before because of this.
    Totally agree. I dont mind seeing it, but I won't die without it. Maybe those that want to see it can find a group of people to do this little project??

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

Legendary Otaku divine_punishment may be famous one day divine_punishment may be famous one day divine_punishment's Avatar
    Thanks

Perhaps you could offer links to good webcomics? I know a few, but I would like to expand.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast