• no

6 22.22%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Should AO have a comics section

Banned The White Wolf is off to a good start
    Thanks

Re: Should AO have a comics section

If there was ever a comic section, I'd think it'd be from pictures that were funny or something. Or strips that I see on photobucket. I hadn't actually thought of members drawing in their work. Hmm.. It'd be a good idea, though.

Otaku anime_8000 may be famous one day anime_8000 may be famous one day anime_8000's Avatar
    Thanks

im willing to scan one of my comics or comic covers on AO if anyone would like to see it

.:Seize The World With Knowlegde:.

Currently watching: Kanokon:Bleach:The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya:School Days:Welcome To The NHK
    .:My deviantART|My Twitter|My Forum- AW Designs -Please Join|My Facebook|My Youtube:.

Femmebot Rehab Colt Crouse Champion, Bookworm Champion, Hangman Champion, Connect 2 Champion Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows's Avatar
    Thanks

Im not sure what such a project would intail... but I seem to have time on my hands.
    Im not the best artist in the world, but I think I COULD be an asset to the project. I have a few samples of my art on my profile if anyone is curious.

Once again, the problem with comitting... Is that I have no clue exactly what would be envolved.

Is there someone who could offer some prospective on the steps that would need to be taken to make such a project successfull?
    ... Not Ever Again...

Moderator Fling The Cow Champion, Abba The Fox Champion deodaclan18 may be famous one day deodaclan18 may be famous one day deodaclan18's Avatar
    Thanks

Well, how about somebody pm this thread to db so he can look at it and give a decision, rather than us just sitting here making plans and offers that might not even be used. >.<

Once again, I'm sure everyone would be a great asset, but pm db first to find out if this is even plausible.
    Attitude of AO MODS, according to beast
    Because they have obtained that level they are arrogant. You have to kep in mind when you talk about these guys they are kind of dorks who probably didn't excel at much and this is their only outlet to flex their muscles. Their egos would suffer no less so the the forum suffers some more. Watch one way or another they will probably repond to this post with a threat. But there are better forums out there. Private messege Zev.

Otaku anime_8000 may be famous one day anime_8000 may be famous one day anime_8000's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by deodaclan18 View Post
    Well, how about somebody pm this thread to db so he can look at it and give a decision, rather than us just sitting here making plans and offers that might not even be used. >.<

Once again, I'm sure everyone would be a great asset, but pm db first to find out if this is even plausible.
    ok ok i'll pm him right away and see if he approves of this

.:Seize The World With Knowlegde:.

Currently watching: Kanokon:Bleach:The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya:School Days:Welcome To The NHK
    .:My deviantART|My Twitter|My Forum- AW Designs -Please Join|My Facebook|My Youtube:.

I Hate Junk Posting AiB Champion, Typo Champion Dragon Ball is making a name for themselves Dragon Ball is making a name for themselves Dragon Ball is making a name for themselves Dragon Ball's Avatar
    Thanks

Ok, seems there is decent demand for a comics section. Let's get to it then.

How is this proposal?
    • Create a comics category in the gallery for members to upload either their hand-drawn comics or comic scans. If this gets a lot of submissions, then I would break it into 2 categories. 1 for hand-drawn original work by members, and another for comic scans.
    • Create a comics forum to discuss about comics possibly. What would be discussed? Is this needed?
    Comments appreciated. A comics section should be as simple as possible.

Thanks.

Moderator Fling The Cow Champion, Abba The Fox Champion deodaclan18 may be famous one day deodaclan18 may be famous one day deodaclan18's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon Ball View Post

How is this proposal?
    • Create a comics category in the gallery for members to upload either their hand-drawn comics or comic scans. If this gets a lot of submissions, then I would break it into 2 categories. 1 for hand-drawn original work by members, and another for comic scans.
    • Create a comics forum to discuss about comics possibly. What would be discussed? Is this needed?

Thanks.
    I'm gonna say no on the forum part. Not too much to discuss and not a lot of people who would probably be discussing in it. What would be topics, how you draw, more favorite threads............ehhhhh, no lol.

(Just a thought, but if people do want a comics forum, you could merge it to the manga one seeing as how they are related. Otherwise I don't think it will be popular enough to stand alone. Unless there are a lot of comic fans here????????)

But the gallery section looks good and seems like it might work nicely. And splitting it up would be good for organization if it becomes popular. And I wouldn't mind doing some comic scans.

Anyways, that's my two cents. Not sure if everyone wants it this way, so I'll wait and see.
    Last edited by deodaclan18; Mar 24, 2007 at 12:37 AM.
    Attitude of AO MODS, according to beast
    Because they have obtained that level they are arrogant. You have to kep in mind when you talk about these guys they are kind of dorks who probably didn't excel at much and this is their only outlet to flex their muscles. Their egos would suffer no less so the the forum suffers some more. Watch one way or another they will probably repond to this post with a threat. But there are better forums out there. Private messege Zev.

Banned The White Wolf is off to a good start
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon Ball View Post

How is this proposal?

Thanks.
    The comics category, and being broken into two parts is a great idea, DB. I think it will be a success. Might take some time to get started, but I think after some time.. people will feel comfortable posting their strips.

As far as the forums go, I would say yes.. but thinking about it realistically.. what is there to talk about? What would the members talk about? How much they enjoyed it? Wouldn't they just post their comments about it in the entries themselves?

But then again, people would want general feedback and maybe sites for inspiration, so I say why not?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast