Closed Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: should the smilies be upgraded?

Newbie achilles may be famous one day achilles may be famous one day achilles's Avatar
    i live in my world a world where fantasy is real...
    Thanks

Lightbulb should the smilies be upgraded?

yeah i mean look at them lol i think it would be cool to have some more options on something as basic as smilies, maybe maybe be able to DL ur own smile pak, so ur post become more like you... well thats just me ofcoser lucky for me i wont be doing the coding for it is a headache to do it alone. well just an idea for a new type of site upgrade... if i brougt it up into the dicussion area its because i wanna hear what the community thinks, so leave ur feed bak maybe even help with the coding. for many this site its like another world, an escape, one that lets u dream, be who or what u want to be, lets u forget for a few joyful minutes the thruth behind the real world i think we all know what true im talking about in onw way or another...

and remeber if we all put or input intead of fighting for who gets elite or not lol we can have our castle in the sky complete in no time for now we only have acces to a few rooms and sketch of what can be done, but can you imagine what we as a group can make this into? yes i am a dreamer lost in my dreams who is to blame.
    i'l post more of my dreams later for now i have to wake up...
    Last edited by achilles; Aug 26, 2006 at 11:49 PM.

CabalOnline USA cabalkiller.freeforums.org ogplanet.com

Fish Fingers & Custard Ice Hockey Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Mini Putt 3 Champion, Ant Tracks Champion, Jungle Hunt Champion, Madnetics Champion, Manole Champion, Blokken Champion, Fast Food Fiasco Champion, Shapes Hifters Champion, Mud and Blood: Vietnam Champion HolderOfTheDarkChalice is making a name for themselves HolderOfTheDarkChalice is making a name for themselves HolderOfTheDarkChalice's Avatar
    someplace where the only light is the moon above
    Thanks

Re: should the smilies be upgraded?

i agree more smileys would be cool theones they have are fine
    but a few talking smilers or a smily with blood dripping from it or even anime
    smiley's would be awesome . it just depends on what the admin want or can
    make . and i agree with the fighting over the elit thing everyone will get there
    eventually and everyone who buys there posts think its quick fix but it isnt.
    you wll feel greatafter you hit it. maybe they could make elite smileys you could but with points that would be cool also
    I'll be the one to protect you from your enemies and all your demons
    I'll be the one to protect you from a will to survive and a voice of reason
    I'll be the one to protect you from your enemies and your choices son
    They're one in the same, I must isolate you...
    Isolate and save you from yourself

Newbie achilles may be famous one day achilles may be famous one day achilles's Avatar
    Thanks

yeah, but u know what would be awsome this whole Anime Online community working side by side to make a real dream anime world like the one in Hack Sign
    maybe im too of a dreamer but it is possible look at the matrix online projec or World of Warcraft, or kindom of hevean but with lots of anime character... isnt that what we all realy want?
    Last edited by achilles; Aug 27, 2006 at 01:56 AM.

Otaku zeroenix may be famous one day zeroenix may be famous one day zeroenix's Avatar
    Thanks

Well first of all, this is a community of mostly younger people. Most of the members on here, correct me if I am wrong, are under the age of 25 yes? Most people don't have a steady career and paycheck untill they reach somewhere around this age, at least 18. Things like that, an online world and such, costs a lot of money and experience to produce. Now I am not trying to down your skills Inuyasha or spdude, but I don't believe that there is enough programming experience here to create something to that effect.(please correct me if I'm wrong.)

As far as the smillies, they are a pack that comes with vbulletin. I have not seen any other packs, though I haven't looked either, so I'm guessing that they would have to animate them by themselves for AO. Not exactly the most important thing to think about for as big as AO is getting. I have enough trouble trying to get my boards togeather and I haven't even any members yet. So I'm guessing that their main focus is functionallity for everyone. But if someone stepped foward and offered to make them for them, than it might be possible. It all depends on how important the smilies are to the members. If I'm wrong AO staff, please let me know.

+=My Space=+ Thanks zeroenix for the sig and avi... wait that's me. +=zeroenix.net=+

Thanks

sorry im not a staff but i would answer as far as the money part, a project like this would be called a open source project, and its made by people 13 year up to any other age that know or would learn programming to be a part of this... and yes a 13 yr old is more than capable of programming i seen it my self. many of the people that would be involve arent necesary looking for money but if something they would join just for the challenge and to feel like u done something or even to get known by the big corps... and if a project like this go public as a posible it would be good for those anime fans who yet dont know this site and it would definet bring lots of programers... and as far as Inuyasha or spdude they would be like the organizers they wont have to get their hands dirty to the raw action of coding if they dont want...
    perhaps create a place for people to upload and download their open source code, i can talk more about for now i want more feed back and support
    Last edited by achilles; Aug 27, 2006 at 07:37 AM.

Otaku zeroenix may be famous one day zeroenix may be famous one day zeroenix's Avatar
    Thanks

I totally understand what you are trying to say. But you have to realize that something like that happens in movies. Unfortunately in real life, people get bored easily, or don't always have time to go on the internet everyday. Also, people make mistakes. By having a bunch of people use open source code, your asking for trouble. Have you ever tried to make a video game? I tried a few years ago. Something simple. And doing it with friends was a hell of a lot harder than making it by myself. People's ideas conflict. Also, are we programming this in microsoft notepad? That would be the only real conclusion, since I said we would need money to make it, and you said it could be done for free basicly. Not everybody has programs to create C# and such on their computers.

Also, though I admire your dedication to a site you have only been at for less than a month, programmers from outside here aren't exactly going to come to our aid for free. I understand that YOU yourself are willing to, however not everyone is as generous as you. Most people want some sort of consolidation for their time and effort.

And how are these 13 year olds who do not know programming going to learn? Who's going to teach them. I said programmers with experience were needed, not programming students.

+=My Space=+ Thanks zeroenix for the sig and avi... wait that's me. +=zeroenix.net=+

Otaku Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion tammyemily303308 may be famous one day tammyemily303308 may be famous one day tammyemily303308's Avatar
    Thanks

Red face Re: should the smilies be upgraded?

I think that when u figure out a new one u get to use it here.

Legendary Otaku Sinistra may be famous one day Sinistra may be famous one day Sinistra's Avatar
    Thanks

How about I take all the work down I have done for this site if you guys have a problem with how I do stuff around here

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast