Closed Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Signature Size

Shake the Core. Xelhes may be famous one day Xelhes may be famous one day Xelhes's Avatar
    Thanks

Signature Size

Personally as a GFX artist i think that that Sig size should be up'ed from 115. its just to small to work on for a canvas and to limited for anyone. I say allow bigger sizes such as atleast 130. thats just somethin i want into play not sure about anyone else.
    ..:Open Your Wings Evil Angel:..

Commander Ham Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Signature Size

It use to be smaller...450x110 I think (boy was that hard to work with). After much out cry it was upped to 500x115. The point was not to clutter threads up with large images but also allow GFX people more room to work with. Hince 1 image and the new size.

While I know of sites that allow for bigger images as well as multiple sig images I can't say that I like the idea. As it normally ends up with over half the post being taken up by the sig area which is not good for reading through posts.

Your suggestion however, isn't too bad as long as the new size stays less then 150 pixels IMO, more then that and well...clutter heaven. Just my 2 cents

I Hate Junk Posting AiB Champion, Typo Champion Dragon Ball is making a name for themselves Dragon Ball is making a name for themselves Dragon Ball is making a name for themselves Dragon Ball's Avatar
    Thanks

And also it would mean that those on dial-up would take even longer to download pages. I think the current size is ample.

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

In my opinion, I kind of have to agree with naruto a little bit here. I think the vertical dimensions could indeed use 10-20 pixels more, at the same time I also believe that 500 on the horizontal side is too much.

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

Lost In My Own World Fishing the Sea Champion, LastTank Standing Champion Ky-lyrra may be famous one day Ky-lyrra may be famous one day Ky-lyrra's Avatar
    Thanks

I think that if we increase the vertical side we should decrease the horizontal by about 50-100. I liked this idea and I kinda have asked this myself in different ways. Just not in a thread like Naruto did.
    ™Mommy To Micah And Shawn!™

Thanks For The Amazing Tag Pyro!

:Yuki fan: Spider Jump Champion Shinku no kage is making a name for themselves Shinku no kage is making a name for themselves Shinku no kage's Avatar
    Thanks

Agreed with Naruto. I'm not saying that the 500 x 115 is "bad", but a LITTLE more space never hurts. I'd like to see IF a 500 x 130 is possible...

...I dont really see the point in DECREASING the limit...well, than again if we change the limit to something like 400 x 130 than it MIGHT work. Just my OPINION, just letting it be heard.

Dont get me wrong DB, the 500 x 115 works but since the suggestion is out here I thought that I'd let my thoughts be heard along with it too. m (_ _) m

We all appreciate all the work you're putting into AO, but we're just trying to let our thoughts and idea be heard to see if it can further improve AO. ^^;
    Last edited by Shinku no kage; Jul 11, 2007 at 03:23 AM.
    ->:Be descriptive in your posts or its like you didnt post at all:<-

|The "RULES" of AO|My AO Gallery|YouTube|AnimeSuki|

Angelic Lasura may be famous one day Lasura's Avatar
    Thanks

Yea... 115 is really hard to work with... I agree with Dragon Ball that it wouldn't be good to make the signature size bigger, it already takes a lot of time for my old comp. to upload the pages, but it would be great if we could change the dimensions a bit- 400x130 and so... at least on the SOTW...

My recommended fanfic: "Dreamer" by Scourge

I Hate Junk Posting AiB Champion, Typo Champion Dragon Ball is making a name for themselves Dragon Ball is making a name for themselves Dragon Ball is making a name for themselves Dragon Ball's Avatar
    Thanks

Noted your suggest. I may consider 500 x 130 at a later date for selected user groups. Comments appreciated.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast