+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Skins!!!

Shake the Core. Xelhes may be famous one day Xelhes may be famous one day Xelhes's Avatar
    Thanks

Skins!!!

Ok like serioulsy Anime Online needs more than one skin. this one i have always thought is to dark and depressing. We need more more brighter colors and more WHITE!! If banners are needed or extra stuff id love to pitch in just ask but dam we need more skins!!!
    ..:Open Your Wings Evil Angel:..

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Skins!!!

Coming from a web design standpoint, reading text on a white background on a computer is strenuous on the eyes (Which is why its not done all that often). Light text on dark backgrounds is just easier on the eyes.

Coming from a Technical standpoint, having multi-able skins would have two negative effects: It would use up more bandwidth (Increasing this sites probably already huge monthly bill), and it would use up more CPU (The server would have to generate two or more different versions of the site), slowing the site down.

Building a skin then doing all the tweaking to fine tune it takes a lot of work and a lot of time.

I Hate Junk Posting AiB Champion, Typo Champion Dragon Ball is making a name for themselves Dragon Ball is making a name for themselves Dragon Ball is making a name for themselves Dragon Ball's Avatar
    Thanks

Sinistra used to love spending hours on design and skin. This is something I don't like to do as I feel my time is better spent trying to add cool features and improving other areas. I don't believe the skin is what brings people to AO.

There are sites out there where I can just buy an already created skin and upload it. But once again, it would cause extra work here that I don't think is warranted.

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon Ball View Post
    Sinistra used to love spending hours on design and skin. This is something I don't like to do as I feel my time is better spent trying to add cool features and improving other areas. I don't believe the skin is what brings people to AO.

There are sites out there where I can just buy an already created skin and upload it. But once again, it would cause extra work here that I don't think is warranted.
    Well I had a friend who would be willing to help this site do a new skin along with all the buttons etc, but it would probably not be until after December when her school year ends. She used to be a member here.

She did the skin for this site as a matter of fact. animeOST.NET | DOWNLOAD ANIME OSTS NOW!

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

Thats actually not a bad skin, let your friend know that. I like the warm colors she choose. They stick out and are really easy to read on the black/gray background.

But it all comes down to what DB wants, its his site.

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by aceman67 View Post
    Thats actually not a bad skin, let your friend know that. I like the warm colors she choose. They stick out and are really easy to read on the black/gray background.

But it all comes down to what DB wants, its his site.
    Definitely. I talked to him first before, and I already said he can look at the product and decide for himself. My friend owes me a favor anyways so it really doesn't matter lol, I can't think of anything else she could do for me.

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

:Yuki fan: Spider Jump Champion Shinku no kage is making a name for themselves Shinku no kage is making a name for themselves Shinku no kage's Avatar
    Thanks

Well setting aside the matter of DB making a decision as to if he'll take the offer of Legend's friend or not...

I'd personally like to see AO start off the new year with a new, brighter look as well. Sure, the gray, dark gray really sets off a "mature" kind of mood but I feel that a little color might actually brighten things up here. Both figuratively and literally. lols

But again its DB's call and I'm just letting my thoughts be heard.

~
    ->:Be descriptive in your posts or its like you didnt post at all:<-

|The "RULES" of AO|My AO Gallery|YouTube|AnimeSuki|

I Hate Junk Posting AiB Champion, Typo Champion Dragon Ball is making a name for themselves Dragon Ball is making a name for themselves Dragon Ball is making a name for themselves Dragon Ball's Avatar
    Thanks

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast