Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Spellcheck.

Otaku Mattness may be famous one day Mattness may be famous one day Mattness's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Spellcheck.

Quote Originally Posted by dancy_SAZ View Post
    most members of AO don't have firefox and are unable to use the spell checker option.

Although, i for one and not really very good at grammar and punctuation. So i am not able to post properly. I also know that there are some members who also find this difficult.
    Yeah, My Computer Can't DL Firefox! Spelling isn't important as long as you can get your point accross!

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

Not knowing English as your first language is not such a good excuse in my opinion.
    It's not my first language either but I try to write it as good as I can. And I expect everyone to at least try -like I do- to keep their post at least somewhat readable.

Otaku Youth-anime-fan is off to a good start
    Thanks

To Ky-Lyrra:

1st: No, I actually CANT understand some of those "gangster" people. In fact, their dialog is so strange that I don't even bother with reading their post.

#2, sure one can read with just the first and last letter of a word, with all the middle words in a different order. But would you really want to read numerous posts like that? Not only a few, or for one day? Even if its only a few, it is still tiresome to read compared to other posts.

Concerning #1, I do agree that it does give some distinction to the people here at AO, but sometimes it can cross the line of "gangster" and turn into "ima gansta who droped atta midl scoo".

Oh, and I do have admittance for those who are younger and are still learning, and people out of country. But they should also learn from mistakes, and correct them in time, instead of not caring.

Lost in confusion Tetrix 2 v2 Champion Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy's Avatar
    In my imagination restricted by British Society!
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Youth-anime-fan View Post
    Oh, and I do have admittance for those who are younger and are still learning, and people out of country. But they should also learn from mistakes, and correct them in time, instead of not caring.
    May i also point out that as I am British that my form of spelling varies from American spelling. I for one get confused easily and if you try to correct me with American spelling that i mess up for British spelling. I for thing that really Grammar AND spelling shouldn't really be important. As long as one can understand what point they are trying to get across that is shouldn't matter.

This is the internet and people come here to get away from School so they don't really want people complaining about spelling when they are here to relax.
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    | Sazzy-Bu.co.uk | My Deviant Art | Anime Vector | Otaku Zen | My Twitter | My Tumblr | My last.fm |

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dancy_SAZ View Post
    May i also point out that as I am British that my form of spelling varies from American spelling. I for one get confused easily and if you try to correct me with American spelling that i mess up for British spelling. I for thing that really Grammar AND spelling shouldn't really be important. As long as one can understand what point they are trying to get across that is shouldn't matter.

This is the internet and people come here to get away from School so they don't really want people complaining about spelling when they are here to relax.
    I would have to agree and disagree with your point. As for the British way of spelling Sazzy, I can assure you that most of us who are smart enough will know the difference.

I think what bothers people (or me at least) is the fact that people have the same mentality of "this is a place to relax" so I can let it hang out. Yes this is a place to relax, but this is also similar to a public park, it is for everyone to use.

Typo is not my problem as long as it doesn't happen often, and people don't do it deliberately; in order to make it easy for them to quickly post, but hard for us to read.

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks

Yeah, who cares about a few typos. Its when they constantly talk in that unreadable shorthand gibberish.

Otaku bugsbunnyz may be famous one day bugsbunnyz may be famous one day
    Thanks

It sounds to me as if your just picking at the bones, I know I've made a hell of alot of grammar and spelling mistakes but I don't think it's ever really bothered anybody (if I'm wrong please correct me). Besides you ARE reading the post for opinions and POVs right? Surely S&G don't cause as big a distraction from that do they?

Otaku Mattness may be famous one day Mattness may be famous one day Mattness's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hassun View Post
    Not knowing English as your first language is not such a good excuse in my opinion.
    It's not my first language either but I try to write it as good as I can. And I expect everyone to at least try -like I do- to keep their post at least somewhat readable.
    You do a fine job and I think that most of the time, people are just lazy and don't want to take the time to check their posts!

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast