Closed Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Spelling Alterations

Lost in confusion Tetrix 2 v2 Champion Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy's Avatar
    In my imagination restricted by British Society!
    Thanks

Spelling Alterations

Recently I have been getting alterations made to my posts because of the way I spell. Personally, it does get annoying as for my degree I got confused with the American way of spelling and with the British way of spelling, it caused me too loose marks and ever since I have stubborn to continue to spell the British way as I am British and don't see the need to start spelling here in American.

So it is really necessary to use American spelling here on AO or am I allowed to continue to post using British spelling?

Am I the only one who's posts get changed or does it happen to others too?
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    | Sazzy-Bu.co.uk | My Deviant Art | Anime Vector | Otaku Zen | My Twitter | My Tumblr | My last.fm |

Witch Hunter GallComp may be famous one day GallComp may be famous one day GallComp's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Spelling Alterations

You are not alone girl.. I have got some of my posts corrected too. I think unless is lazy typing or leet, editing other members posts for spelling is overboard...

Commander Ham Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer's Avatar
    Thanks

I get mine edited too…can’t say I care about that though…As far as my editing of others I normally only correct really bad spelling (rare) or a mistaken reference (I.E. Some says “She” instead of a “He”)

~Counting Down the Days~ NevesElocin may be famous one day NevesElocin may be famous one day NevesElocin's Avatar
    Thanks

I have no problem with how anyone spells. If thats the way you were taught then so be it. I haven't had anyone change spelling on any of my post as of yet (or to my knowledge) but it doesn't sound fair.

Our love will go on until the end of time. I will always be yours and you will be mine.

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

Well let's find out who did it.

Honestly there could only be a handful of people

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

Lost in confusion Tetrix 2 v2 Champion Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy's Avatar
    Thanks

Legend really wants to know huh??

Gallcomp, I agree as long as its to correct lazy typing spelling errors or even because you know what they tried to spell but they didn't quite get it right.
    Last edited by Legend; Dec 07, 2007 at 12:01 PM. Reason: It's gall"c"omp XD
    | Sazzy-Bu.co.uk | My Deviant Art | Anime Vector | Otaku Zen | My Twitter | My Tumblr | My last.fm |

Witch Hunter GallComp may be famous one day GallComp may be famous one day GallComp's Avatar
    Thanks

Last edited by Legend : Today at 11:01 AM. Reason: It's gall"c"omp XD
    If that is the case Legend, then I should change yours to Pyoro Pyoro.... Right Dancy_SAZ...

Thanks

yeah very true there he just trying to be a smart ass :P awww poor legend.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast