Closed Thread

Thread: Suggestion: Sticky for Anime and Manga Recommendation

Nisou Tenshi Hot Shots Champion, Elroy Learns To Fly Champion, Daves Castle Hunt Champion, Mom-Jongg! Champion, Uncle Sam Champion Priestess Angel may be famous one day Priestess Angel may be famous one day Priestess Angel's Avatar
    Thanks

Suggestion: Sticky for Anime and Manga Recommendation

Hi one and all! I have been noticing a lot of threads asking if anyone had some anime or manga they could recommend them. I got to thinking and it might be good if a sticky thread was set up in the manga and anime sections where people can go and ask what kind of anime they want and people can go there and give some recommendations. It will answer the person's question and help keep the same topic threads from popping up.

Anyway, it's just a suggestion.

Otaku Reese may be famous one day Reese may be famous one day
    Thanks

Re: Suggestion: Sticky for Anime and Manga Recommendation

That's probably where the 'Anime review' section comes into play. ^_^

Nisou Tenshi Hot Shots Champion, Elroy Learns To Fly Champion, Daves Castle Hunt Champion, Mom-Jongg! Champion, Uncle Sam Champion Priestess Angel may be famous one day Priestess Angel may be famous one day Priestess Angel's Avatar
    Thanks

Oh yeah, I was just thinking and I just totally forgot about that section. But then again I still see threads like that and I would think that would help clear that up. I know the reviews are there but it's still hard for people to find new anime that they might like so I think that a sticky thread like that could be very helpful to members.

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble

But one of the problems with making a thread 'sticky', is that once it gets to 5 pages long (or longer) new posters stop bothering to read the thread from the beginning, and just end up repeating something, (or ignoring something) that someone has already written....
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Anime Online's Lesbian SasuraiHell may be famous one day SasuraiHell may be famous one day SasuraiHell's Avatar
    Thanks

We've discussed this before amoung ourselves about a sticky req thread,
    but we seen the facts about, specific genre types, and well fitting those all ito one isnt such a organized idea.,
    Len also brings a great point.,
    many peiople have different needs, getting them over with is much faster. It will also pose as a reference if someone else is gonna be requesting the same data.

Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble

But one of the problems with making a thread 'sticky', is that once it gets to 5 pages long (or longer) new posters stop bothering to read the thread from the beginning, and just end up repeating something, (or ignoring something) that someone has already written....
    We've discussed this before amoung ourselves about a sticky req thread,
    but we seen the facts about, specific genre types, and well fitting those all ito one isnt such a organized idea.,
    Len also brings a great point.,
    many peiople have different needs, getting them over with is much faster. It will also pose as a reference if someone else is gonna be requesting the same data.
    Yeah, I understand. It just seemed like a good idea at the time but I can see how it could have bad repercussions. I'm glad to see that it has been discussed before, too. It just shows that the AO staff is always on top of things and is always thinking of ways to make the forum better and I'm not just saying that to suck up.

Anyway, I hope I haven't caused too much trouble. Later.

Anime Online's Lesbian SasuraiHell may be famous one day SasuraiHell may be famous one day SasuraiHell's Avatar
    Thanks

We thank you for the concern and suggestion, its always welcome.You shouldnt feel like you've caused any trouble by asking and pointing out a few things.
    It be troublesome if we didnt know what the members wanted :P.

Since this is answered and everything is hokeydory, i'll be closing this.

edit: i was to the point silver :P

Ikorose Shinsō Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Priestess Angel View Post
    Yeah, I understand. It just seemed like a good idea at the time but I can see how it could have bad repercussions. I'm glad to see that it has been discussed before, too. It just shows that the AO staff is always on top of things and is always thinking of ways to make the forum better and I'm not just saying that to suck up.

Anyway, I hope I haven't caused too much trouble. Later.
    Haha. Well, I was one of the ones who brought up the problem earlier. I had seen way too many recommendation threads. But Len and Sasurai are right in what they say. As of now, we can just eliminate the copy-cat threads and leave a few that ask for different types of genre.

But anyway, we appreciate your concern, and this thread. Whenever you got something on your mind, go ahead and ask.

Anyway... Question answered so...

Closing...

EDIT: Sasurai beat me to it! Lol I had the longer post, that's why.

Closed Thread