Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: thread starter

Otaku kossetsu shita is off to a good start kossetsu shita's Avatar
    Thanks

umm srry if i sound rude but shouldnt the person who started the thread decide wut sum1 can post in it and how far they can stray from the subject

Moderator Fling The Cow Champion, Abba The Fox Champion deodaclan18 may be famous one day deodaclan18 may be famous one day deodaclan18's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: thread starter

A mod is there to warn the people to remain on topic, that is part of our tasks. We are here to keep the threads organized. We respect the wishes of the posters, but if it gets too far from the original topic of the thread, then we usually warn the people to stay on track with the discussion.

A regular member has no right to say this, as it would be pseudo modding and should be reported if anything. So, if a member is saying that it is off topic in "your" or any other thread, inform a mod.

If you see a member going off from your topic, inform a mod and we'll handle it as well.
    Attitude of AO MODS, according to beast
    Because they have obtained that level they are arrogant. You have to kep in mind when you talk about these guys they are kind of dorks who probably didn't excel at much and this is their only outlet to flex their muscles. Their egos would suffer no less so the the forum suffers some more. Watch one way or another they will probably repond to this post with a threat. But there are better forums out there. Private messege Zev.

Otaku kossetsu shita is off to a good start kossetsu shita's Avatar
    Thanks

srry, ok then i will next time i start a thread, srry for asking

Moderator Fling The Cow Champion, Abba The Fox Champion deodaclan18 may be famous one day deodaclan18 may be famous one day deodaclan18's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kossetsu shita View Post
    srry, ok then i will next time i start a thread, srry for asking
    No need to apologize. You have every right to ask questions and should never feel it necassary for apologizing. I'm sure some others will give their insight as well.

If you ever have any questions or objections, feel free to ask any of us mods or post a question. That's what it is here for.
    Because they have obtained that level they are arrogant. You have to kep in mind when you talk about these guys they are kind of dorks who probably didn't excel at much and this is their only outlet to flex their muscles. Their egos would suffer no less so the the forum suffers some more. Watch one way or another they will probably repond to this post with a threat. But there are better forums out there. Private messege Zev.

Newbie PocketLint is off to a good start PocketLint's Avatar
    Thanks

i dont understand the "psuedo modding" thing. i dont see why one should have consequence simply for giving someone a friendly reminder of the rules. thats hardly modding. just looking out for a fellow member.

no member can inforce rules (give infractions, close threads, ban, ect.) so why should it matter if we say "hey, seems like your going off topic" or "be careful of the daily thread limit". afterall, we dont want our AO buddies to get infractions and such.

punishing for "psuedo modding" just seems like insecure moderators with control issues.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PocketLint View Post
    i dont understand the "psuedo modding" thing. i dont see why one should have consequence simply for giving someone a friendly reminder of the rules. thats hardly modding. just looking out for a fellow member.

no member can inforce rules (give infractions, close threads, ban, ect.) so why should it matter if we say "hey, seems like your going off topic" or "be careful of the daily thread limit". afterall, we dont want our AO buddies to get infractions and such.

punishing for "psuedo midding" just seems like insecure modderators with control issues.
    People are wasting space and spamming off the topic of the thread by posting, "hey, you can't blah blah..."

If so, we would just delete the posts to keep the place on track. You really want to read all the posts about how the rule has been broken? Cause it happens quite a few times during the day, and such pseudo modding would cluster the threads. Hence, if you see something wrong, report it to a mod and we'll warn them and do what needs to be done to the post. It's not like we get pleasure from warning/infracting.

*I gtg now, so I'll be on later to see how others respond.

Banned The White Wolf is off to a good start
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PocketLint View Post

punishing for "psuedo midding" just seems like insecure moderators with control issues.

Well... Psuedo Modding is pretending to be a moderator. No matter what you say to back up the idea that it isn't, it is. There isn't any need for a member to tell another member what they should or shouldn't be doing. That is why there are Moderators and Administrators. They are here to enforce the rules. If you are helping out a friend, you can PM them and let them know, instead of posting in the forums saying "you're getting off topic", and acting as if you are higher grounds.

Psudeo Modding is a nono.

Newbie PocketLint is off to a good start PocketLint's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by The White Wolf View Post

Well... Psuedo Modding is pretending to be a moderator. No matter what you say to back up the idea that it isn't, it is. There isn't any need for a member to tell another member what they should or shouldn't be doing. That is why there are Moderators and Administrators. They are here to enforce the rules. If you are helping out a friend, you can PM them and let them know, instead of posting in the forums saying "you're getting off topic", and acting as if you are higher grounds.

Psudeo Modding is a nono.
    I've been a guest here at AO for quite sometime, just never decided to join until recently. Ive seen people banned for breaking rules that could have easily been avoided had they just been REMINDED of the rules.

You White Wolf, should know quite well that in some cases by the time a problem gets to a mod the cosquences can at times be pretty servere.
    where as if you tell someone nicely about the problem , they can edit their post accordingly before a mod has to be bothered with it.

I can understand the point you make of PMing. but do you not think it would be helpful to others to see reminders? afterall I learned about the daily thread limit from another member who was reminding someone of it (*praying they werent given an infraction). Ive also seen members banned for ignorantly posting accsesive threads (poetry).

If AO is a community, then that is how communities work.
    If a friend were doing something wrong, would you call the police on them? Or would you first try to prevent them getting in trouble by reminding them of the law.

Lastly, as far as such reminders being "clutter".. would they be clutter if ~only~ followed by a members on topic opinion on a thread?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast