Closed Thread

Thread: Toolbar

Legendary Otaku Happy Pill Champion, Monkey Mayhem Champion NeoDeath90 may be famous one day NeoDeath90 may be famous one day NeoDeath90's Avatar
    Thanks

Toolbar

I am no computer whiz, and admit i don;t know much about them, but i have a bit of a suggestion.

Is it possible to create a toolbar for an internet browser specifically for AO?

you know, keep track of who's online, what threads have been posted in most recently, and perhaps a search function.

If this is possible, perhaps there should be a status requirement, like Community member or above, so the newbies can use the actual site and learn how to use it better, while the people who have been here for a while can utilize the shortcuts a toolbar would make more efficiently.

I'm not sure of the possibility factor of this, but i think it would be a nice touch, don't you?
    Why hello there!

The Listener Stealin` Home Champion awesomeparty12 may be famous one day awesomeparty12's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Toolbar

Quote Originally Posted by NeoDeath90 View Post
    I am no computer whiz, and admit i don;t know much about them, but i have a bit of a suggestion.

Is it possible to create a toolbar for an internet browser specifically for AO?

you know, keep track of who's online, what threads have been posted in most recently, and perhaps a search function.

If this is possible, perhaps there should be a status requirement, like Community member or above, so the newbies can use the actual site and learn how to use it better, while the people who have been here for a while can utilize the shortcuts a toolbar would make more efficiently.

I'm not sure of the possibility factor of this, but i think it would be a nice touch, don't you?
    there is a wAY but right now i can't remember how to do it i will let you know ok bro ta;l to you later
    i cry inside for life anew i die each time im torn in two i live for earth and die for none along comes a god who will always bring peace and tranquility

of the AMC Innerhell may be famous one day Innerhell may be famous one day Innerhell's Avatar
    Thanks

Oh, sort of like TekTek's Gaia toolbar, huh? It seems somewhat impractical for a site like this, but whatever.

I guess what you could do instead of thinking of something complicated like a toolbar would be to just bookmark certain pivotal links like the one to see the most latest posts and the one where you can see who is online. You could make your own little folder or something.
    I love my girlfriend.

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

Speaking as someone with a background in webdesign, and having been around the internet since the early 90's, Toolbars for internet browsers are useless resource wasting, and sometimes dangerous "tools".

My question is why would you want to use one of these?

My next question is, who's going to program it?

:Yuki fan: Spider Jump Champion Shinku no kage is making a name for themselves Shinku no kage is making a name for themselves Shinku no kage's Avatar
    Thanks

Funny, I thought that the "Home" page of AO kept track of both logged in active members and displays of recent threads and posts. As for a "Search" function...if we only had a such a feature...oh wait, WE DO!!!! Right at the top of each page under the banner!!!

So why would we need a "Toolbar" when everything is just an single click away? w ('_') w
    ->:Be descriptive in your posts or its like you didnt post at all:<-

|The "RULES" of AO|My AO Gallery|YouTube|AnimeSuki|

Legendary Otaku Happy Pill Champion, Monkey Mayhem Champion NeoDeath90 may be famous one day NeoDeath90 may be famous one day NeoDeath90's Avatar
    Thanks

haha, wow do i feel like an idiot now.

and i really didnt think all of this through. i was just tossing around an idea, trying to see the practicality of it.

now that the question was answered i think this thread can be closed.
    Why hello there!

Pro Utilitate Hominum LordCastigator may be famous one day LordCastigator may be famous one day LordCastigator's Avatar
    You know that feeling, like you're being watched...
    Thanks

Hey, better to lok the fool & ask, than to not ask & be a bigger fool. You'll never know until you ask, it's just you didn't get the best answer. It sounds like a good idea to start off, it just isn't too practical.

Better luck next time.

The Madman previously known as Daniel219

Wish I could get on here more often. *Sigh* The down side to night shift...

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

Closed, as per topic starter request.

Closed Thread