+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: underappreciated staff?

Commander Ham Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: underappreciated staff?

Quote Originally Posted by Peach_follows View Post
    Um, How is sarcasm showing appreciation? How exactly would being sarcastic in a thread meant for showing appreciation be on topic?
    You either agree with the subject of a thread or disagree...just because your response is sarcastic or has some sarcastic element doesn't make it off topic. For example:

The staff has always done a tremendous job helping with the site...well everyone except Hassun

How would that be off topic?

The entire post can be sarcastic:

Yeah, the staff does such a great job
    Still isn't off topic...you could make an argument they were of "low" quality....depending on what was said you could even argue disrespecting the site's staff but you can't say that sarcasm equates to being off topic.

Now, back on topic I just don't think it matters to any of the staff if we have a "thanks" thread.

Otaku Brandon Grave Heat is off to a good start
    Thanks

Look please don't blame all members Just because of a few bad apples on the tree, You all have been pretty cool or nice to me and yes The titles like memeber,.com member and Elite member and the Vertain are a somewhat of a climb. but other then that I like it here

Look take if from Some who has a checkerd past on boards look i have been helpful to a lot of the staff on other boards and many of the mods on other saw it different On Some boards I got Banned for life and on some boards I am still posting So hey not all memember think you (the staff) is bad, Alest on the board I dont have to question the rules or the ranks because they are there lay out before me. so hey all of you are cool in my book..

And I should Know i have been "Boarding" for 10 years on a lot of different board, and the climb is just part of the mountain of ranks.
    Last edited by Brandon Grave Heat; Jan 27, 2010 at 12:17 PM. Reason: The rules So I took out " hell" and replaced it with "Somewhat"

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Brandon Grave Heat For This Useful Post:

Peach_follows (Jan 24, 2010)

Femmebot Rehab Colt Crouse Champion, Bookworm Champion, Hangman Champion, Connect 2 Champion Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows's Avatar
    Thanks

The staff has always done a tremendous job helping with the site...well everyone except Hassun
    Well, I thought that one was kinda clever and light hearted actually.

And my suggestion wasn't made strictly for the sake of staff. But.... I said that like 32 million times in this thread. The impression I am getting is that staff prefers to only recognize the bad apples. Maybe you're comfortable with perceiving the member population as a group of ungratefuls. I can do a search and pull up a dozen staff made comments about how they feel disliked. But finding a staff comment and say they feel appreciated, or proud of a member? Much harder to find.

I figured a solution would have been for yah'll to have a place to see that isn't the case for many of us.

Maybe I should have been fishing for a member appreciation thread... but that wouldn't mean staff would take the time to recognize the do-gooders there either.
    ... Not Ever Again...

Otaku Brandon Grave Heat is off to a good start
    Thanks

I read the im you put on my profile and you are weclome well 164 to ago to 500 exlite and 664 until I make to Vet and i have less then a month to do in So I best back to climbing the matter horne. But you are welcome.

Newbie Zakizo is off to a good start Zakizo's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zev View Post
    I think if you created a thread for it, that it might be full of empty or sarcastic comments. Just my thoughts. Besides wouldn't want to make Hassun blush from all the wonderful things people would say about him.

I am all for giving things a try though, if it means that much.
    I don't think that's true. While there would undoubtedly be some posts like that, I think the majority of the thank yous' would be genuine. Of course, at the same time, I can see how the idea was rejected. Some people might use the thread simply as a means to increase thier post count, and that would fall into the spam catagory in my opinion. But maybe that's just me. Still, it's not an all bad idea though.
    What? You've never seen a talking cabbage before? Well, if you were a bit more open minded, then maybe you WOULD have.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2