Closed Thread

Thread: underlined words?

Femmebot Rehab Colt Crouse Champion, Bookworm Champion, Hangman Champion, Connect 2 Champion Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows's Avatar
    Thanks

underlined words?

I know, I ask the most retarded questions..
    But, someone who is as creatively brilliant as I am has to fall short in SOME category (SARCASM).

There are words that come up double underlined when Im on AO. I don't know why. I havent noticed it when I view other sites...just here. But there are words that seem to be just randomly selected, that are double underlined.

I spilled something on my keyboard a while ago and in an attempt to clean I probably pressed every button on the damn thing... so maybe I pressed something? But then why would it just show up on AO and no where else?

Anyway, im sick of seeing these sparse, random, double underlined words there EVERYWHERE. in every post, blog, profile.... what does it mean? Can anyone tell me what to do to get rid of this annoying problem?

Once again, sorry if there's an obvious answer, I ingested lead as a baby.

***Edit*** these arent just words... they act as links! My ex says its probably some sort of spyware! Whaaaa! I have webroot spy sweeper! So, WTF?
    Last edited by Peach_follows; Sep 11, 2008 at 05:38 PM.
    ... Not Ever Again...

Legendary Otaku Happy Pill Champion, Monkey Mayhem Champion NeoDeath90 may be famous one day NeoDeath90 may be famous one day NeoDeath90's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: underlined words?

i guess that AO has recently made a deal with a search engine site, or something along those lines, and words containing any relevance to popular searches are immediately linked.
    Why hello there!

Femmebot Rehab Colt Crouse Champion, Bookworm Champion, Hangman Champion, Connect 2 Champion Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows's Avatar
    Thanks

So... is this not just happening to me??? Its AO's deal? No wonder no mods answered me yet. If thats the case the *wipes sweat off brow* Now I can stop frantically sweeping for spyware and viruses, and searching for better protection software. But still that is uber annoying.
    ... Not Ever Again...

Commander Ham Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer's Avatar
    Thanks

They are called "ads" as in advertisements, not spyware or search engine links. AO was testing them out as an alternative to the google ones. Owner didn't see much out of them so he nuked them...they should be gone now...if not give it a few days and they should be gone.

Hope that helps and answers the question while removing any fear that you have a issue with your pc.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Chiefblackhammer For This Useful Post:

Peach_follows (Sep 12, 2008)

Thanks

Thanks for further clarifying chief... And yes... They did finally dissapear a little while ago.
    ... Not Ever Again...

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble

The trial run of this 'service' has been ended and discarded. this is no longer an issue...

Closing...
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Closed Thread