+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Upgrading the server anytime soon?

Otaku Vincent has disabled reputation Vincent's Avatar
    Thanks

Upgrading the server anytime soon?

The loading time for AO has been extremely slow as of late, and I know it's not my computer, nor is it my router. So I figured it was the site itself. So are there any plans to fix this?

Strange Times Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark.'s Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Upgrading the server anytime soon?

might wanna double check yo dang self, cuz my performance is normal (and fast). How about modem or ISP?

Otaku Vincent has disabled reputation Vincent's Avatar
    Thanks

It's not either of those things. This site is really slow for me. It takes forever to load, and whenever it's up, my entire computer just runs slower.

Newbie SilverMoon is off to a good start SilverMoon's Avatar
    Thanks

Totally fine for me!
    Are you sure its not just your computer or modem?

AO Helper Word Slider Champion, Penguin Shot Champion, YetiSports 10 - The End Champion, Yetisports 2 - Orca Slap Champion, Yetisports 3 - Seal Bounce Champion Mega may be famous one day Mega may be famous one day Mega's Avatar
    Thanks

AO consumes a lot of awesomeness, and so if your computer doesn't have an adequate supply, it'll be reflected in your speed and overall performance.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Mega For This Useful Post:

atomik_sprout (Jan 24, 2011)

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm sure it's something on your end, Vincent. Even on my 11 year old Dell, that I recently got rid of, I was able to get on AO just fine. It was the FASTEST site to load on my ancient computer. Others are saying they have no problems on their computers. So, I think it's time to evaluate your technological situation. Either that or get an awesome upgrade to make up for the awesomeness consumption here on AO. ^_^

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

As a staff member, it pains me to say that I really don't know. Cowboy Bebop hasn't been online for quite some time, and he's the only one who can do anything like that.

Strange Times Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark.'s Avatar
    Thanks

seems weird that AO would be the trigger, but perhaps you've got some sort of malware? use this site, it's one of the best free malware removing softwares out there:
    Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware Free Download and Reviews - Fileforum

run that and see if performance improves. If not, I'm not sure what else to tell you. Maybe clean up cache.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast