Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Virus?.......

Newbie D2M Master is off to a good start D2M Master's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Virus?.......

Yes that does help. It does seem the source is JavaScript. So if the admins get search through the code they should be able to get rid of it.

Luckly my Avast just tells me to Abort connection so the virus never touches my computer. So that Cache thing wouldn't work.

Well I hope this can get solved cause I would at least like to check out the gallery >_>

Learn, live, laugh, GROW 5 Card Draw Champion, Bubble Trouble Champion, Connect 4 Champion, Long Jump Champion, Collapse Champion, BALLZ! Champion, Rotamania Champion, Rotations Champion, Hishi Champion, Domino Pressure Champion, Fun_game1 Champion, Road Blocks Champion, Puzzle Maniax Champion, Cloud Breakout Champion lebasiara may be famous one day lebasiara's Avatar
    Thanks

Well I have tried about everything and I still get the virus pop up window, I also have avast and it is updated, The cache in Firefox is clean and I still get the window. I haven't been able to go to the gallery for quite a while TT_TT so... has anyone come up with a solution?
    Nothing less from Pyro ^_^ Great Sig ^_^ THANK YOU!!!!
    C:\Documents and Settings\MARA\My Documents\My Pictures\Anime room\sigs\music_sig1 mia ^_^.jpg
    "show me.... THE BEAST!!!" The Beauty and the Beast movie

Wilde Beast GiG Racer Champion EmoNightmareRose may be famous one day EmoNightmareRose's Avatar
    Thanks

i didnt have this problem, but i had a different one. everytime i go the gallery my comp immediately exites out and i have trend protect and norton anti virus and they tell me:
    High Risk: Bloodhound..Exploit..com.
    then a message pops up and say that my computer was harshly attacked. whats up with that?

Learn, live, laugh, GROW 5 Card Draw Champion, Bubble Trouble Champion, Connect 4 Champion, Long Jump Champion, Collapse Champion, BALLZ! Champion, Rotamania Champion, Rotations Champion, Hishi Champion, Domino Pressure Champion, Fun_game1 Champion, Road Blocks Champion, Puzzle Maniax Champion, Cloud Breakout Champion lebasiara may be famous one day lebasiara's Avatar
    Thanks

hummm... I have a theory... it might not be correct I know very little about computers... but here is my theory: someone uploaded a picture with a virus in it... not on purpose tho... and I don't even know if that is possible... but if it is there might be a possibility that the problem lies in there...
    C:\Documents and Settings\MARA\My Documents\My Pictures\Anime room\sigs\music_sig1 mia ^_^.jpg

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

This is a known issue with our gallery, and I'm 90% sure that its what is called a "False Positive", a result of an Over-Protective Anti virus program Like Norton, and Mcafee.

This is coming from a Java script object the gallery needs to do its job that these programs think is doing something other then what it should, except its doing nothing harmful.

The first clue that this harmless is the lack of specifics about what this "Threat" does.

Lastly, Emo, what are you doing using two antivirus programs, are you trying to make your computer unstable? Two programs that run at the Base level like Trend Protect and Norton (Which shouldn't be used anyways, since its bloatware) will only cause conflicts.

Quote Originally Posted by lebasiara View Post
    hummm... I have a theory... it might not be correct I know very little about computers... but here is my theory: someone uploaded a picture with a virus in it... not on purpose tho... and I don't even know if that is possible... but if it is there might be a possibility that the problem lies in there...
    You're wrong.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by aceman67 View Post
    You're wrong.
    I thought so ^_^ I tried :P

Otaku Redsquire is off to a good start
    Bonnie Scotland, under a bridge. Och aye. ~<3
    Thanks

.... Errr. o_o;;

Me personally, I can't think of anything else, personally. Unless one of the admins can think of something themselves. I *should* say that some firewalls and internet protections are weird at times. Generally. I know mines is. Other than that; I'm pooped, far as everything goes. What aceman said, I guess. He'll be more helpful from thereon out. -_-; Sorry I cant be of any more help at all.

... I should also add, I'm not getting any such alert on the galleries. o.o Nothing. Zada. Nil. No problems at all. : ( And what I have is Norton Internet Security + Norton Antivirus Auto-protect. o.O

But anyway, hope everything works out. <3

My name ish Steph! -Poses as cape flaps in wind- DX
    -=::/ Tanshin Art Studio \::=-

Banned jazzyb is off to a good start
    Thanks

HIII

Yup, I got that same message. This issue was talked to the administrators before, and so far it haven't been resolved.8) Well, it’s shocking and needed an immediate attention to sort out at the earliest.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast