+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Who Cares Any Longer?

Fish Fingers & Custard Ice Hockey Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Mini Putt 3 Champion, Ant Tracks Champion, Jungle Hunt Champion, Madnetics Champion, Manole Champion, Blokken Champion, Fast Food Fiasco Champion, Shapes Hifters Champion, Mud and Blood: Vietnam Champion HolderOfTheDarkChalice is making a name for themselves HolderOfTheDarkChalice is making a name for themselves HolderOfTheDarkChalice's Avatar
    someplace where the only light is the moon above
    Thanks

Re: Who Cares Any Longer?

yeah it is weird , and i think its just something in the AO water that makes mods not talk to me Xd who knows though lol. and im sure he had a reason to remove you, i know Hassan never accepted friend things hardly only a hand full are on his list. and im hoping we can get a mod to ing we wont even if it is to let us run and help out with the moderating a thread if it is possible
    I'll be the one to protect you from your enemies and all your demons
    I'll be the one to protect you from a will to survive and a voice of reason
    I'll be the one to protect you from your enemies and your choices son
    They're one in the same, I must isolate you...
    Isolate and save you from yourself

Poultry Projectile Cannon Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge's Avatar
    Thanks

If its the Len I am thinking of then I am not surprised. Him and I never really got along as we disagreed on just about everything. But the fact that we disagreed constantly isant the reason why I don't like him, its the fact that he ALWAYS talked down to me and others as if we were idiots. I'm not saying he is a bad guy, just that he really erks me.
    Last edited by Scourge; Oct 25, 2012 at 10:19 PM.
    "MY DEAR... I GIVE YOU THE CAPELLAN CONFEDERATION"
    AND THUS THE WAR WAS STARTED NOT BY GUN SHOT BUT BY WEDDING BELLS

Otaku eleonne has disabled reputation eleonne's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Artistic Anarchy View Post
    There's spam threads in the introductory forum and manga/anime sections. There's an obvious lack of maintenance and upkeep, mods aren't doing their jobs by banning the bot members and rampant spammers. Ever since this domain was forfeited to a different owner, it's gone to nothing. It actually used to be quite enjoyable around here. Fresh activity was abound in each section, but for a while the number of visitors heavily outnumbered the amount of registered users signed in.Often, these days, I find myself being the only user signed on along with 110 other visitors. There's no longer any appeal to Animeonline.net, aside from a few people I try to keep in contact with and a very seldom post every now and then. I'm sure there's a sufficient number of other users who agree with me. Since I'm only a community member, with no other powers besides my own post modifications and profile customizing, I can only complain about how lackluster and spam ridden this site's become. Either enforce your administration or hand over the domain to owners who will take care of it.
    I totally agree with you, Artistic Anarchy.

AO used to be an active and engaging forum. It used to be a fun hang-out for me. AO is the first, and only, forum I participated in. I met many good and great people here, became friends with them.

It's just sad how this place turned out like this. Now I just refer to those days when AO was still alive as the good old AO days.

Everyone's moved on, I guess. The friends I used to have seemed to have simply vanished without a trace. Okay, not everybody, but still, it's a pretty huge fraction of the members I used to know that just abandoned this site.

Even though it makes me sad how AO is right now from how it used to be back then, this post did make me smile a bit, because now I know that there's still someone who cares. It might not be a whole lot, but a few is enough. It matters a lot that this is given some heart.

I do miss the old AO, but it's not a place I can get back to anymore. This site means something to me; I have memories here - good and bad - that have made me what I am now. I'm just not sure what that is (*≧▽≦)

Anyways, cheers to the good old AO days! Thanks for the memories... (◕‿◕✿)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to eleonne For This Useful Post:

Artistic Anarchy (Oct 26, 2012)

Otaku Artistic Anarchy is off to a good start Artistic Anarchy's Avatar
    Thanks

I created another thread expressing my ceasing to visit this site any longer, though I will explain why I'm here now. This morning, I lurked as a visitor and noticed how blown-up this thread became. There clearly is a vestige of select users who've beheld memberships since long ago who still find worth in sticking to a constantly crumbling place. For the over 100 posts my thread has received, I'd like to thank those who've contributed and have related their sincerity to my concerns, for they're yours as well. There's either a call to rise or an indifference in place. Unfortunately the latter is most powerful. If I were a mod I'd apply my absolute best to regain this site to its feet and begin it on a forward path once more. I'll retract my "Farewell" thread and continue to visit AO on an occasional basis. Some of the posts I've reviewed in this thread have inspired me to stick around a bit longer and try to find hope in the place nearly without any.

Posts from, namely: Ranma, Scourge, HolderOfTheDarkChalice, and eleonne.

Thank you, for the time you'd invested in composing your genuine thoughts on my submitted topic. You're the final bunch of true enthusiasts who still have a grain of undying love for Anime Online. I'd like to be of this small population again. I think we should appeal strong suggestions to the heads of the administration and try to get some responsibility being exercised again around here. Sorry if this post reads a little dramatically, but I'm sick of finding new forums and adjusting to new people. I've held this site closest to me when it comes to anime forums. I've realized abandoning great memories of a once great place is not worth the emptiness that replaces them. Let's work this place back into a functioning community that future members will WANT to join.

-Artistic Anarchy
    eleonne likes this.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Artistic Anarchy For This Useful Post:

eleonne (Oct 26, 2012)

Fish Fingers & Custard Ice Hockey Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Mini Putt 3 Champion, Ant Tracks Champion, Jungle Hunt Champion, Madnetics Champion, Manole Champion, Blokken Champion, Fast Food Fiasco Champion, Shapes Hifters Champion, Mud and Blood: Vietnam Champion HolderOfTheDarkChalice is making a name for themselves HolderOfTheDarkChalice is making a name for themselves HolderOfTheDarkChalice's Avatar
    someplace where the only light is the moon above
    Thanks

that was very awesome artisi8tc , and i agree we need to do something to get this place going again which is an art contest might draw people back. there were 100's of artists on AO at one time it was another DA in my opinion and it would be nice to0 have that all back. and your right i am devoted to this sight till they shut the forums down which i hope they never do.
    I'll be the one to protect you from your enemies and all your demons
    I'll be the one to protect you from a will to survive and a voice of reason
    I'll be the one to protect you from your enemies and your choices son
    They're one in the same, I must isolate you...
    Isolate and save you from yourself

Newbie BlackJack Champion, Anime BlackJack Champion, Grow Champion Ranma is off to a good start Ranma's Avatar
    Thanks

Wow O_O I'm so shocked at how many people have actually read this thread, and even more shocked that the maker of the thread decided to come back because of it, so welcome back Art. Maybe what we need are more threads like these around so that just in case any newbies, or perhaps an "oldie" returns and skims the forum, they might feel compelled to join or rejoin as it were.^^ And Scourge sorry to hear that, i've met a few mods like that that I never got along with from the beginning, mainly because the ones that I met were a bit arrogant, and I was pretty much the only one in the forum that wasn't so terrified of getting banned that I told them so, but in a nice and "respectful" way.:P
    Girls make the world go round, didn't you know that already?

Poultry Projectile Cannon Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge's Avatar
    Thanks

Yeah well what are you going to do? Am I right? I just stay away from him and him from me.
    In any case, nice to see Art willing to hang in there with us. This actually makes me very happy and gives me a sense of hope.
    "MY DEAR... I GIVE YOU THE CAPELLAN CONFEDERATION"
    AND THUS THE WAR WAS STARTED NOT BY GUN SHOT BUT BY WEDDING BELLS

Newbie BlackJack Champion, Anime BlackJack Champion, Grow Champion Ranma is off to a good start Ranma's Avatar
    Thanks

Well that's all you can do, I mean as long as you don't do anything that might get you banned or infracted, it's not like you HAVE to talk to him, so enjoy. And i'm with Art on that one, I hate having to start over with a new forum, but the upside is it's like you get to go back in time, and not make the same mistakes you made in a previous forum, so it's like a second chance in a way.
    Girls make the world go round, didn't you know that already?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast