+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Feline help?

I believe in you Indiana Jones In Odd-World Champion, Forest_Brat Champion, Jungle Dave Champion, Beer Dude 2 Champion, Fly Girl Champion Pyro Psycho may be famous one day Pyro Psycho may be famous one day Pyro Psycho's Avatar
    Thanks

Feline help?

Well ... my aunt let her cat, Felix, go. After 5 years with that cat, she just decided to let it go ... ugh. She pissed me off so, and I even confronted her about this thing ...

Ok, well we see Felix walking outside a lot and then he even comes near our house to eat and drink water, he even came into our house once, but Kirry was in my room closed up so nothing happened there. We really want to keep him now ... I feel so sorry for him and well, we want to take him off the streets asap, before it starts getting really hot outside, you know with those Texas heat waves. So yes, we don't want to take him to a shelter for sure, because they might euthanize him, though he is a darling and beautiful cat. But the thing is ... we have Kirry, and he's very bitchy. About a year ago, my dad made Kirry come face to face with another cat and it ended up me getting scratched with trying to get him away from the other cat.

We want to bring Felix in and kinda get them to get along ... but the thing is, I'm scared of the reaction it could bring, what if they get into a cat fight? I mean, it's happened to my aunt Rosalva when she had two girl cats. She tried to separate them but they ended up attacking her. So I don't want that to be the case ... I really am in a heap ... and I really want to keep Felix so we can bring him out of the streets and into our home. But then there is my other baby, Kirry ... I'm really in a bind ... what do you suggest I would do to get them to get along?

DeviantArt ll Livejournal ll Rainbow Flakes ll Gallery
    Feeling the beat of my heart ♥

Railgun Assimilate Champion Sazuka may be famous one day Sazuka may be famous one day Sazuka's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Feline help?

They have shelters that don't euthanize the animals. Also, don't you have anyone you could try and give the kitty to?

I believe in you Indiana Jones In Odd-World Champion, Forest_Brat Champion, Jungle Dave Champion, Beer Dude 2 Champion, Fly Girl Champion Pyro Psycho may be famous one day Pyro Psycho may be famous one day Pyro Psycho's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sazuka View Post
    They have shelters that don't euthanize the animals. Also, don't you have anyone you could try and give the kitty to?
    I seriously wish I did know someone who wanted a cat ... but my family is full of cat haters, which I hate them so. Then, I don't have many friends, and well ... I just don't know many people who would want to give Felix a nice home ...
    I don't know if I should trust the shelters though ... Maybe I'll look it up more. I just want to give him a good home and a happy life. That's all I really want. I don't feel so trusting when it comes to shelters. *sigh*

is On Point Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi's Avatar
    Thanks

have the cats get use to each other.

for instance, try to keep them in different parts of the house, or one mainly outside. cats are pretty independent, so the smoother you go into introducing them, the better off everyone will be.

also, only let them interact when someone is in the room until you can trust them together.

GOOD LUCK!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Abu Dhabi View Post
    have the cats get use to each other.

for instance, try to keep them in different parts of the house, or one mainly outside. cats are pretty independent, so the smoother you go into introducing them, the better off everyone will be.

also, only let them interact when someone is in the room until you can trust them together.

GOOD LUCK!
    Yea, what I was thinking keeping them in separate rooms and letting them sniff each other under the doors ... but that's just me though. But thank you! *huggles*

+ Reply to Thread