+ Reply to Thread

Thread: My Friends List

Child Of God Kiani Haki22 is off to a good start Kiani Haki22's Avatar
    Thanks

My Friends List

I was looking at my friends list and looking through all of them and I realized that half the people on there don't even come on anymore. Also that I no longer talk to most of them due to past problems. I find that to be funny.

I wanted to post this because I am considering deleting all of them and having no friends again lol. But I also figured it would be pointless considering that the majority of them don't get on here anymore. Well I guess this was the point of this post and the point has been made.

Slam Dunk Da Funk Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: My Friends List

^_^ It happens to all of us who venture into forums.

We all start young and happy, the forum hits a boom, we all get happy friends, then something drastic happens in the forums, then drama happens with friends, and bing bang boom - before you know it, you and just an awkward friend are left - and they're honestly staying only because of you but without a certain other person it just ain't as fun as it used to be.

<_< Friggin' happened with me and like...... 6 other forums. Gwar.

^_^ I just stick around AO just for its comfy lil journal.

AO #1 (fill in the blank) KungFu Basil Champion, Lost In The Jungle Champion, Heli Attack 2 Champion basilisk888 is off to a good start basilisk888's Avatar
    Thanks

I agree with soshi-kitai about the boom, but something tragic doesn't have to cause the down fall of a form (or at least i think not(did i miss something here >.<)) but people grow older and they move on with their lives, (some die(and yet other forget about their time here, took my about a couple of months to get thought the process to get back this acount)) and yet I can't get rid oh anyone on my freinds list even if I haven't "talked" to them in years, for the off chance that one day I will log in and the server will be packed and you have a hard time to kepp up with it all... also its a nice reminder of the past (O.o rambled on alot sry >.<)
    death and life are one and the same

Slam Dunk Da Funk Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai's Avatar
    Thanks

True that nothing tragic has to happen to cause the fallout, but more often than not: That's what caused it.

^^ AO's not my forum. There are members here who know more about it than I do. But I did witness many things.
    There was drama that was happening on every level in AO when it kept shutting down and kept coming back up.
    There were the members who got close - too close - and bickered among one another from one event that's unknown to those that weren't in the circle.
    Then there was the drama with the mods and admins. I won't even begin to pretend that I know what the hell was going on over there. But all I know it was pretty complicated. <__< None of them talk about it to us new kids, but it's coo.

It's always better when people "just move on" to make a forum fall apart. All that hurts is being the last one there, the one who couldn't move on, who never wanted to move on.
    I find it harder to cope when a forum falls because of drama...
    When one person fights with another, fights with another, fights with another, distress after distress, then a domino effect happens and even the mods will find themselves caught in it, and eventually it'll lead to the admin --- and the forum just stops.
    Everyone goes their separate ways, but many of us still turn back and wonder how each of us is still doing...

...we try to bring it back sometimes, and we realize we've all grown up.
    My "lil' sis" in one forum, last time I checked with her - she was studying hard to become a doctor. ^^ So different from when I remember her, the girl who wasted hours in the roleplay thread because she didn't want to do her homework.
    Whenever a forum gets back together, we realize we've grown apart and we can't mend the wounds we made. There will always be those missing, the ones that give us a heartache when we think of it... and well...

A forum dying is like a town that's being abandoned...
    For those of us who remember what it once was, it hurts so much to think about it.
    For those of us who only have horrible memories, we're glad it's gone (though most of us are in denial).

But fact is, it's a sad reality. It may only be a virtual one, but each of us are a real person behind the screen. Our experiences here reflect what we want in life. And it always hurts to be left alone.

Though, AO isn't dead. It's still more active than most anime forums out there - but the community is hardly what it once was.
    ^^ Remember the profile pages? The chat forum? The chatroom section? The DJ Radio?

Good times.
    Keep the people in your friends list. It's a nice reminder to know who you are in this forum. As each one in your friends list most likely influenced you how to post the way you do.

AO's an old horse. A good horse still, but an old one.
    It's a shadow of what it used to be - and I always have ideas that would rejuvenate it --- but I always wonder, "should I?".
    Nah. We had our kicks, another forum's attracting new friends together and starting their dramas - no need to try to revive this place unless it wants to.

:3 Even though I never talked much with you two, it's still nice to see you around. Goes to show this place still has some charm. ^^

Child Of God Kiani Haki22 is off to a good start Kiani Haki22's Avatar
    Thanks

I remember this place when I first joined it was filled with people who were always online and chatting. I always had a friend online during those times but now everyone of my friends rarely come on or don't but that was stated before.

I remember after this forum I joined two other ones but not at the same time with the people I had a falling out with who were originally on here. Then I joined chat sites trying to always replace them but I just couldn't. Every group of people I became friends with just never filled the "shoes" of my original click. We would always fall apart and we would drift away because I was trying to replace my old friends but I couldn't

Eventually I moved on from all the chat sites and forums and stop trying to make friends to replace my old ones. And now that I am finally at peace with that now I am back after a year.

And I do remember the chat site that is how I met most of my friends. I use to spend long nights chatting on there with all my friends it was so much fun. And also I would do rpgs with them those night were so fun. And I use to DJ as well that was always fun as well.

And I do keep my friends on my list as a reminder and also just in case any of them get on. Which I have recently talked to three of them :] Which was nice. But there are some who get on that I no longer talk to because I told it would best if we didn't talk or we left of on bad terms. :[ But yeah thats basically it.

+ Reply to Thread