+ Reply to Thread

Thread: People are weird you know

~jUsT sMiLe~ _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_'s Avatar
    Thanks

People are weird you know

So I haven't talked to this person in four years, we had a fall out over quite literally nothing, the usual pathetic high school fights.

All of a sudden she rings me up for a chat 2 months ago, to see how things were. That's fine. Now she rings me up and asks if I can be a bridesmaid at her wedding.

Which is an honour but I thought was reserved for close friends, not people that haven't talked to each other for almost 4 years. Because, well we aren't close, I don't hate her, we just are two completely different people, which was part of the reason we fought so much over pathetic stuff.

Not only that, but in a years time I have no idea where I'll be, with me finally in the workforce xD and with a grandma that's not well, I should like to be at her party, which is the same month as her wedding.

The problem, how to I say no without her taking it personally?

oh my pathetic life xD
    Last edited by _gwenibe_; Dec 04, 2009 at 02:56 AM.

Bored college student fayt lingod may be famous one day fayt lingod may be famous one day fayt lingod's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: People are wierd you know

i'm sure if you just explain clearly then she will only hold it against you for a year or so...
    Perhaps she's trying to bridge the gap thats developed between you or something, wouldn't that be a good thing?

thanks to zyta for the sick sig and avy!

Slam Dunk Da Funk Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai's Avatar
    Thanks

Totally late in reply and totally never noticed this post. ^^;

I think she invited you as a bridesmaid because she didn't have enough. She decided to talk to you to open up connections again so you'd be more willing to be a bridesmaid. Most likely either she didn't have enough friends (while her groom had plenty) or all her friends bailed out on her and she got desperate.

...it happens a lot. She was probably running down her phone list.

Anything new in the situation?

~jUsT sMiLe~ _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_'s Avatar
    Thanks

he he no worries! I haven't looked in here for a while too ^__^;; thanks for the replies though!

Quote Originally Posted by Soshi Kitai View Post
    Totally late in reply and totally never noticed this post. ^^;

I think she invited you as a bridesmaid because she didn't have enough. She decided to talk to you to open up connections again so you'd be more willing to be a bridesmaid. Most likely either she didn't have enough friends (while her groom had plenty) or all her friends bailed out on her and she got desperate.

...it happens a lot. She was probably running down her phone list.

Anything new in the situation?
    That is exactly what it felt like, like I was her last resort, particularly since the first time she rang she informed me that she had a fight with one of her other 'close' friends.

Then she started going on about how she always wanted her 'sisters' to be there and then she was almost in tears talking about it

Quote Originally Posted by fayt lingod View Post
    I'm sure if you just explain clearly then she will only hold it against you for a year or so...
    Perhaps she's trying to bridge the gap thats developed between you or something, wouldn't that be a good thing?
    Guess it would be a good thing, but I can't help that but to feel that, it's a bridging of the gap because, it's suddenly convenient to do so for her, I mean she didn't want to talk to me the four years previously..and suddenly she is getting married and needs a bridesmaid?

anywho, as for an update, I emailed her and said no, because I would be busy that month. Got an email back and she basically said 'no problems'. Went better than I thought it would I guess. Though i do wonder if I'll hear from her again

The other thing I realised.. is that I would have been the fourth bridesmaid out of four. Four is a bad luck number to the Chinese (so informed by my part Chinese cousin). Disaster avoided lmao

Not that I'm super suspicious but it did make me think xD

+ Reply to Thread