+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: What to get a 2 yr old for his birthday?

~jUsT sMiLe~ _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_'s Avatar
    Thanks

What to get a 2 yr old for his birthday?

My little cousin's b'day on the weekend

Toys are out of the questions. He might as well own the toy store the amount he's got and all the other relatives are just going to get him toys anyway.

But I gave him a gift voucher for clothes for x-mas

He's got enough pens, playdough, paint and all that sort of stuff

And I have no idea what kids DVD's he has, I have no time before the party to ask

I'm so clueless about little ones...what do you give a kid that has basically everything anyway? What are kids into these days lol he seems to be the outdoorsy sort a kid

I think I might just risk it and grab random DVD?

Slam Dunk Da Funk Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: What to get a 2 yr old for his birthday?

If you're going with the DVD idea, get him a classic DVD of a series/movie from your childhood that you'd think he'd enjoy.

...it's always awesome to introduce kids to the first Power Rangers, or things like Darkwing Duck.

But other than that, you'd have to give us a bit more information of the kid's likes... Afterall, if the kid has everything, how do we know he doesn't have that "nothing" if we have no idea what not to look for?

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

To be DVDs and video games are big no-nos for 2 year olds, especially if your little cousin is the active type. I konw you said he has a lot of toys but I would still say get stuff for him like legos (where the toy does not have one single function) and can push his imagination. Either that or give him some sports gear so once he gets rich and famous he'll remember you.

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

~jUsT sMiLe~ _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_'s Avatar
    Thanks

lol well I don't know what he's into, wiggles? lol he's just so into everything it seems! lovin' the idea about the classic, wonder if I could even find anything to do with "Captain Planet" xD

I never thought of lego's, like the big chunky ones? I don't think he has them! in the sport, he has bowling things, cricket, football and I think he even has mini gold clubs >___>

I know boxing gloves XD hey gotta learn how to fend off those bullies once he hits school right? lmao! ooohh!! do you think he too young for one of those...bug catching set things?

EDIT: no no, mum just squashed my ideas.. he has lego's >______<

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

Hmmm boxing huh? Do you play with him often or a sibling he can play with??

The sock-and-bop-'em would be a great toy then. It's the same material as floats kids use to swim, but you blow it up and there's a opening in each side for each fist (duh) and you just punch. Doesn't hurt.

Don't ask why a grown man like me know so much about toys.

OR! I dont know how you aussie's living spaces are but if his family has a big enough space opening and a pole you could get him this:

Hitaway Pole Batting Training Aid

It looks fun and helps the kid train hand eye coordination. And with World Baseball Classic getting more buzz, you wanna train the kid now so he can pay back good ol cousin gwenibe xD

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

Slam Dunk Da Funk Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai's Avatar
    Thanks

A kid who has every toy ALWAYS HAS Legos. It's the law of the land.
    If the kid doesn't, he's not a real kid.

Are you sure it was sock-and-bop-'em? I thought it was sock-em-boppers... or something like that. Those are awesome.

DVDs aren't bad since you're distracting them from the horrors that are today's Disney channel shows.
    And I'm pretty sure I've seen Captain Planet DVDs here and there.
    I'm sure the parents won't mind setting it up for 'em if they don't know how to use it (though most kids do nowadays).

...how about fake-stuff-toys? Like laptops and such.
    A kid always loves playing spy.... or homeowner.
    I'm sure the kid has everything, but just in case.

There's also the idea of getting him an obscure toy from your nearest ChinaTown. Though odd, once explained, kids usually have a blast with 'em.

You could always give him a whole buncha' Pop-Pops!
    Everyone loves Pop-Pops.

is On Point Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi's Avatar
    Thanks

^o^ or you could get him a costume! my cousin (when he was younger) loved to run around dressed up as Zorro!

pics of kids in those kinds of things make for great blackmail when they get older~

Thanks

Well! So we've had the party..and I ended up getting him little skater shoes..the cutest little brown DC's and the cutest little green beanie!

I almost followed Legends advice with sporting gear, as he had nothing for playing cricket with...but lucky I didn't cause some one else did plus within two seconds of him opening it, he almost took out some little girl xD that's my little cousi!

But I have a whole year to find him some old shool DVDs and a costume! Cause I think that's an awesome idea Abu..something to do with monsters or wiggles lol imagine showing that at his 21st LOL

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast