+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Food.

Devoted Otaku bratling may be famous one day bratling's Avatar
    Thanks

Food.

I think about food a lot.
    Food makes me happy in general. I have an eating disorder. I am a compulsive over eater/binge eater. Having gotten a gastric bypass has helped with the physical side of this. I no longer weigh 360 pounds I couldn't lose. And it has forced me to change some of my eating habits. I can't just eat and eat and eat and eat all day long like I used to. (Well I can but it's a significantly smaller amount. Tiny bites/portions.)
    But it hasn't helped with the mental aspect of it. And the whole losing two hundred pounds (I've since pregnancy put about twenty or thirty back on.) has given me some other body and mental issues in loo of the ones that I got rid of while losing.
    All I know, is, I am mean as hell when I'm genuinely hungry. Are all hungry people mean or does it just make me extra surly because I'm so rarely actually hungry?
    My favorite foods are actual food. I don't like sweets and stuff too much. And Junk food isn't exactly my forte. I like meals, meat fruit and veggies. I like starches a lot too. I think my favorite absolute favorite food is spring rolls. They are delicious. I make my own sometimes too but it's labor intensive and the ingredients don't last long and if you make more then a couple at once there is the problem of storing them. But I love noodles, and I loooove rice paper. I really like the different sauces you can have and different restaurants serve with them. My favorite is a sweet peanut sauce from sawatdees. A local chain thai restaurant. It's awesome. I have the recipe for at home and while it's good, it's not the same as the stuff at the restaurant. But it's close enough to satisfy me.
    Since I've been pregnant I really like chocolate which is something new for me though. It's kind of funny actually. Cus ever since I was a little kid I turned up my nose at chocolate "I don't Like -chocolate-" like I couldn't believe the audacity that they thought I did. (Don't worry I got over this early and realized I was weird for not liking the stuff. Now, I don't know what was wrong with me.)
    I have a few bags of black eyed peas that I want to cook. I've never made them but I'm excited to. I think I will use both turkey and pork. I also want to get a turkey and make one. I hope to go to my big sisters on thanks giving. I may have to do the cooking at my moms house that day though. But we'll see. I really don't know what's going on. No one has made it clear what they're doing except my dad and lori going to jamie and joes. which is pretty awesome. But it means I don't have my NORMAL plans. I'll get leftovers though. I'm excited.

You never really loved me/You never really cared/It was all just a game to boost your ego/Those feelings never really there/ I'm filing emotional bankruptcy/My heart can take no more debt/Theres no more "money" there to spend. === Besides tee hee SHE loves me!

Slam Dunk Da Funk Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Food.

People do get cranky when they're hungry, depending on their personality.
    If people have a connection to food but often don't starve like most others do, going into a starving state could make one rather... testy.
    I suppose it's the sense that "If anyone deserves to get rid of this starvation, it's me. I've been more patient with my hunger than anyone else I know."

...well, at least, that's what I think.
    I do get rather testy when I'm starving. It's mostly because I put up with people all around me that whine about hunger all the time.
    I love my food, yes I do. But I don't often starve. And I can even hold out my starvation for a long time. I can ignore it for quite some time.

.......so..... feeling hungry... makes me feel cheated, I think.
    Here I am, holding my hunger and now starving, while all the others eat whenever they just "feel like it". Not fair.

Abu, on the other hand, loves food more than I do. She sees them as a happy thing. ...when she starves, she gets... sad. Very sad. Pathetically sad. Drained and zombie-like care.

I'm a meat eater. I like hearty meals that go with meat. Mostly beef.
    Strong, dark, filling soups. Breads dipped in the soup or devoured on the side. Vegetables that brings out the flavor in everything, bright flavors that are a stark contrast to the dark flavors of the meat and soup. Delicious, and you know it helps your body, I can taste the energy from it. Big chunks of beef that are juicy as well as chewy and crispy, scrapes down the throat because I just couldn't chew it enough.
    The texture. I love the texture of the food when I swallow it.
    I favor the "flavors" I get from swallowing, not so much from tasting or chewing.

I have a fast metabolism because of it. My metabolism got used to me barely chewing - my old hyperactive self would burn the food I ate - faster than most kids could (always running around and all), so it was used to burning away chunks of food. So now, I still have the same metabolism - which can be a problem... since I can't handle most soups or breads.
    Soups and breads don't burn away as easily in me. Mainly because I didn't have much soups (by themselves) or breads (by themselves) when I was a kid. Those are the things that give me a belly, not the meat.

I do love rice though. Born and raised on it.
    I often complain how a lot of foods would go great with rice whenever I'm in a restaurant. ...but only one type of meal makes me forget about rice: Big meaty meals with great sides.

...even then, I think those would be greater with rice.

Devoted Otaku bratling may be famous one day bratling's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Food.

I often, don't even notice when I am actually hungry. (Since surgery anyways.) I notice because of my poor attitude, and having headaches. My stomach doesn't get rumbly and give me clues like that anymore.
    I often don't even remember or have time to fit in eating until after three four in the afternoon and am still fine. It's when that turns into like six, seven, eight oclock, when my head is starting to hurt and my body feeling funny and my attitude getting just nasty because I'm irritable.

And man, see, you appreciate food much the same way I do. I like food that feels like it nourishes. I also like refreshing foods, like salads, and fruits and citrus and stuff like that. I'm not SUPER big on real heavy, rich foods and stuff like that.

I almost never ate rice before I got pregnant. I hated it before. Except when it came to jasmine rice and curry. But now I like it a lot more. I LOVE it in fact now that I'm pregnant I've been eating crazy rice lately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Soshi Kitai View Post
    People do get cranky when they're hungry, depending on their personality.
    If people have a connection to food but often don't starve like most others do, going into a starving state could make one rather... testy.
    I suppose it's the sense that "If anyone deserves to get rid of this starvation, it's me. I've been more patient with my hunger than anyone else I know."

...well, at least, that's what I think.
    I do get rather testy when I'm starving. It's mostly because I put up with people all around me that whine about hunger all the time.
    I love my food, yes I do. But I don't often starve. And I can even hold out my starvation for a long time. I can ignore it for quite some time.

.......so..... feeling hungry... makes me feel cheated, I think.
    Here I am, holding my hunger and now starving, while all the others eat whenever they just "feel like it". Not fair.

Abu, on the other hand, loves food more than I do. She sees them as a happy thing. ...when she starves, she gets... sad. Very sad. Pathetically sad. Drained and zombie-like care.

I'm a meat eater. I like hearty meals that go with meat. Mostly beef.
    Strong, dark, filling soups. Breads dipped in the soup or devoured on the side. Vegetables that brings out the flavor in everything, bright flavors that are a stark contrast to the dark flavors of the meat and soup. Delicious, and you know it helps your body, I can taste the energy from it. Big chunks of beef that are juicy as well as chewy and crispy, scrapes down the throat because I just couldn't chew it enough.
    The texture. I love the texture of the food when I swallow it.
    I favor the "flavors" I get from swallowing, not so much from tasting or chewing.

I have a fast metabolism because of it. My metabolism got used to me barely chewing - my old hyperactive self would burn the food I ate - faster than most kids could (always running around and all), so it was used to burning away chunks of food. So now, I still have the same metabolism - which can be a problem... since I can't handle most soups or breads.
    Soups and breads don't burn away as easily in me. Mainly because I didn't have much soups (by themselves) or breads (by themselves) when I was a kid. Those are the things that give me a belly, not the meat.

I do love rice though. Born and raised on it.
    I often complain how a lot of foods would go great with rice whenever I'm in a restaurant. ...but only one type of meal makes me forget about rice: Big meaty meals with great sides.

...even then, I think those would be greater with rice.

You never really loved me/You never really cared/It was all just a game to boost your ego/Those feelings never really there/ I'm filing emotional bankruptcy/My heart can take no more debt/Theres no more "money" there to spend. === Besides tee hee SHE loves me!

+ Reply to Thread