+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Nesting.

Devoted Otaku bratling may be famous one day bratling's Avatar
    Thanks

Nesting.

Has hit me apparently. I had an anxiety attack this morning that prompted the almost completion of getting my apartment together.
    I am sure none of you care exactly what I need to get done but it helps me to work things out in my head and since I wrote this differently earlier and had a WAY better idea I need to rearrange my thoughts. Ya'll can skip this list looking part and read on at the end if you wish.
    I just need to :
    Clean the shelves in my daughters room.
    Put away my daughters clean clothes.
    Drag ALL dirty clothes into daughters room. (It is currently unoccupied, unless you count her stuffies and such. She is still sleeping in our room for the time being.)
    Sort dirty clothes thusly: Darks and colors, whites and socks, and Ahnika's and the new babies things.
    Start laundry. (I have at least twelve loads. And will finish the last of it, I'm sure, at the laundermat on wed.)
    Clean and organize bedroom. (Which includes moving piles of jeans from dresser to closet shelf, and putting away my own clean clothes.)
    Sort shoes.
    Sweep whole house. (Yay hardwood floors.)
    Swiffer/mop all floors.
    Hang pictures.
    Hang extra curtains.

I should be able to complete all of this tonight. Hopefully. If not, tomorrow while I'm making roast. And Jeremy is already going to be doing my dishes and taking out our piles of trash. (No food garbage, just junk and clothes we won't be keeping.)

Then I will be able to invite people to come hang out. And JEremy's friend Dean can start coming over. When I mentioned that I had talked to one of my besties about being lonely and not having friends and not knowing how to fix not having anyone to hang out with (A blog I didn't write here because I am tired of sounding hormonal and emo.) He said that Dean planned on coming over more often when we have our house more together. And one of my besties said she'd come over too, I'm thinking I'll give her all time favorite game a go as I can spell better now then I used to be able to and she's not all competitive like my other bestie, I can handle loosing to her Lol. I can start inviting people over for dinner too. Food is always a good bribe and I've been experimenting with food and looking at all kinds of recipes online.
    I'm excited to have everything squared away and cleaned up so that we can get the other furniture we need into the house and get a table so that I can do art, and start sewing.
    Our kitchen is painfully small. We will be moving this spring or summer so it's ok for now. Btu GOD is this shit annoying. Just to manage staying here that long we're going to need to buy a pantry cupboard type of deal. With shelves and stuff. So I can keep food in it, and some pots and pans hopefully, because there is no where to put more pots and pans. And there is no where to designate as the baby spot, for all the bottles, formula, and baby food containers and treats and snacks that we have and will have with the new baby. We also need a chest freezer. There is NO way I can deal without this. It has to happen before the baby gets here in fact. So I can store breast milk in the fridge freezer and I can put our food in the chest freezer. We bough 135 bucks of groceries, and our freezer is full to capacity. NO room. And most of it was non perishables and fridge food. The fridge is tiny too but we don't use as much space in there surprisingly. We also need something to put our microwave on cus we have no counter space. Which is what the table is going to have to double as. Thankfully we're not too terrible big on eating in the dining room at the table. Maybe we will when Ahnika eats in her highchair. Which we also need to get to our house. As well as a bed for her to sleep in, a crib and a coffee table.
    I'm pretty excited.
    The hospital we're having the baby at, is brand new. IT isn't even open yet. We went to an open house on the 12th. And they open on the 30th. It's beautiful. IT looks like a posh office building when you enter, even the ER entrance. The family birthing center is up this winding step, that wouldn't be hard for anyone. But there are elevators right across from them. All near one of the entrances. Then you go into the lobby and are surrounded by warm woods and plush carpet and comfortable chairs and artwork by local artists. Beautiful statues and portraits of gorgeous babies. Then you get moved to a labor and delivery room. Of which there are six. THree with large picture windows opening to a wooded area that looks pretty even in the winter snow here. And the other three have huge projection screens that you can plug a flash drive in with your own pictures and music into. And they are HUGE, they have hard wood floors like the rest of this part of the hospital which is the best part, no white tiles and no sterile hospital feel. They have med and supply closets that are stocked from the outside. Flat screen TVs. Huge bathrooms with sits baths. The post partum rooms are much the same. Except they have a few more "Sections". Which include a baby washing station, which is essentially a sink/baby bath with a faucet like a shower head, a counter with cabinets above it, a closet for your things, a safe and a freaking mini fridge. Then there's the TV (another flat screen and not a tiny one either!) on the wall, and that "leads" into the "family" section, which includes a large picture window (Who's blinds are controlled by your bed remote!) And a full sized pull out couch, with a tempurpedic mattress. Then the bathroom, which is also huge, and has a tub in it as well. THen is the "patient and rn station" which includes your patient bed, big comfy and adjustable and complete with a remote that controls tv, radio, lights, the window shades, and has your nurses call button. And an area designated for the nurse where your IV stand is supposed to go with your monitors. There is a hand wash station, and counter. And a medical and supply closet that can be stocked from the outside, complete with a locked med drawer that has common meds in it so the nurse doesn't have to leave and go down to the pharm. to get medications like tylenol three and such. The nursery is huge but nice looking and well staffed, they even have a little platform for younger kids to step up on to see into the nursery. I donno how food service will work, but their cafeteria down stairs looks amazing too. And it's in a restaurant rich area so I'm sure I can talk Jeremy into getting me good food if I need to. So I'm pretty excited, even more then I was before. I even sought out all the ice machines so I don't always have to ask a nurse to get it for me. Lol.
    Now it's time to watch some dexter. I got five episodes to catch up on.

You never really loved me/You never really cared/It was all just a game to boost your ego/Those feelings never really there/ I'm filing emotional bankruptcy/My heart can take no more debt/Theres no more "money" there to spend. === Besides tee hee SHE loves me!

Femmebot Rehab Colt Crouse Champion, Bookworm Champion, Hangman Champion, Connect 2 Champion Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Nesting.

Y'know I never had nesting... Im just flat out too lazy. I had more of a "HELP!" phase during those last several weeks of pregnancy.
    ... Not Ever Again...

Thanks

I've been doing it off and on my entire pregnancy. I never have/had a BIG nesting issue. I think this was actually more anxiety then anything. Because I was unable to sleep because of all the shit I knew needed to be done and how badly I wanted it done BEFORE the baby came and how soon that actually is. I swept lori's whole floor one day. Just because I didn't want Ahnika to play on it how dirty it was. I could have stopped with doin the livingroom, but I did all her carpets and her kitchen. Then most of the steps aswell. It comes in boughts. Cus normally I'm too lazy/tired to want to make dinner. Lol.

You never really loved me/You never really cared/It was all just a game to boost your ego/Those feelings never really there/ I'm filing emotional bankruptcy/My heart can take no more debt/Theres no more "money" there to spend. === Besides tee hee SHE loves me!

Slam Dunk Da Funk Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai's Avatar
    Thanks

I had no idea hospitals had open houses. O_o

Good luck with your nestings!
    ........ I (obviously) don't have nesting urges, but I become a clean freak sometimes......
    ... once like every other year.

Thanks

I didn't either. But I guess they wanted to showcase the hospital to the community as they want it to be a community hospital. You either have to live in the area or be referred by a doctor who has a partnership with them. So I guess they did it to attract business?

I have these clean freak issues once in a great while too when I'm not pregnant. Btu when I'm pregnant it comes a lot more frequently. And I actually do something about it. Where as when I'm not pregnant I am sometimes just lazy and don't do anything despite the urges.

+ Reply to Thread