+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Sailor Moon fans!

Wilde Beast GiG Racer Champion EmoNightmareRose may be famous one day EmoNightmareRose's Avatar
    Thanks

Sailor Moon fans!

Hey!
    Guess What?

So when I was little I used to watch the show 'Sailor Moon'. Great transformation sequences, fun music, cool attacks, original ideas, hot main characters..BUT!

Horrible, horrible dub. Can't even describe how bad. Action sequences were...well lets just say they had a vacuum cleaner as a villain once. Some of the animation was just bleh. Tuxedo Mask popped up at random times and never did anything that was worth his appearance, and during the first season half the cast had their asses saved by the Outer Senshi, while they STILL couldn't figure out who they were.

So I had an idea awhile back. One day my girlfriend at the time showed me an AMV she made of Ozzy Osbourne's 'Over the Mountain' to the Outer Senshi's transformation and attack sequences. I got chills the ENTIRE TIME! This was one of the most awesome mystical things out there. Then she went on to send me some Vanessa Mae, Lux Axterna, Evanescence, Ozzy Osbourne, and Dio AMVs.

SO the point of this post: I am working on a Manga remake of Sailor Moon, mainly focusing on origin(no fan fiction, exact same story), but extended action sequences, transformations, and better formed villains. In other words, this time it's PG 13 instead of G.

As most of you should know I love director Kuniko Ikuhara's visual concepts, especially for Utena. Focusing on his kind of love, visual and epic sequences, going into more detail Sailor Uranus and Neptune. More detail into the fall of the Moon kingdom, their lifestyle, armour, soldiers, etc.

The art will stay very true to the original(limited costume changes, if any). But I will put more detail into little things that were not accomplished with the limited budget. Hair, face, anatomy, and weapons. (Space sword for instance.)

So...what do you guys think?

Banned beast may be famous one day beast may be famous one day beast's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Sailor Moon fans!

I think it is a good idea. Sail Moon had some great character design. Some of the best looking character and a great story line. It was fabulous, and yet cheesey. Definetaly could have been more but you have to give it props for introducing teh west to the magic girl subgenre of anime.

is On Point Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi's Avatar
    Thanks

that sounds F***ING AWESOME EMO!!

\(^O^)/ LIK COOLEST THING THIS MONTH!! OMYGOSH!!

( ^o^)/ you HAVE to post it so we can all be amazed AND astounded!!

Wilde Beast GiG Racer Champion EmoNightmareRose may be famous one day EmoNightmareRose's Avatar
    Thanks

Thanks! I'm glad you guys approve, I was afraid some people might get angry I want to 'mess' with the original.
    But yes, I will post up the finished pages ASAP.
    Right now, I'm working on character profiles, drawing them, etc.

By the way,I'm making them a little older. Because Sailor Moon was originally 13 or 14. ummm WTF? That's a little...young.

So she'll be either 16 or 17, and the Outer Senshi should be around 18.

Newbie Siege is off to a good start Siege's Avatar
    Thanks

I think it's a good idea. Though I would watch the original Japanese version of the anime which in america is 13 + and in Japan 15+.

Newbie Japxican may be famous one day Japxican may be famous one day Japxican's Avatar
    Here, there, anywhere...kinda like eating green eggs and ham.
    Thanks

Sounds cool, emo! Can't wait to see the final product.

+ Reply to Thread