I will never fall for a scam... I am not that stupid to fall for a scam that asks for money... well those were my thoughts before I actually was almost a victim of one.
yeah Yeah, I know what you are thinking... she's so stoooopid... well... let me tell you... I don't blame you, however...
Two months ago I received a mail (not e-mail) that chose me as "mistery shopper." They even sent me a cashier check... it seemed so real!
The only condition was: to deposit that check on the bank and take out $2500 send it to an invisible person over in Canada. "The money was not really going to be sent this was just a customer check out thing" so the money was going to go back to the company (yeah right)
they promised $400 per week for shopping stuff and evaluating... it sounded like a good deal and when I called there was actually someone in the other side of the phone and he gave more specific instructions....
It really sounded fishy so I went ahead to the bank and asked if that check was real. they checked and guess what? I had no funds, the check was real but it was useless... thankfully I went and asked first before I did any withdrawal...
To be honest, my heart broke when I realized it was a real scam... why? well beacuse I am a poor college student and I got my bubble up when this mail got to me... cus $400 a week for a student! that's the solution to a lot of problems...
That should be a crime like homicide... to mess with a student's heart is the evilest (just made it up) thing anyone can do...
Children, old people and students are so defenseless agains money offers...
Sad...
but oh well a great lesson I learned and now I really don't trust anything that comes on the mail offering money....
XD it was a sad and a 'nice experience' :P