+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: stories of a latino waitress... me :P

Learn, live, laugh, GROW 5 Card Draw Champion, Bubble Trouble Champion, Connect 4 Champion, Long Jump Champion, Collapse Champion, BALLZ! Champion, Rotamania Champion, Rotations Champion, Hishi Champion, Domino Pressure Champion, Fun_game1 Champion, Road Blocks Champion, Puzzle Maniax Champion, Cloud Breakout Champion lebasiara may be famous one day lebasiara's Avatar
    Thanks

stories of a latino waitress... me :P

Scenario: mexican restaurant where this beautiful works at

Day 1
    Mr Mario (other waiter) has an iphone (he just got it) so of course I had to mess with it... he always leaves it under the boss' counter (where we all leave our stuff)... I took it and changed the language to Russian... without him noticing... he took his phone when he left for his break... I totally forgot that I had changed the language... when he came back from his break he glared at me with a deadly look and placed the phone in front of me... at that moment I remembered... and started laughing just on the thought of his face when he first noticed (at his home) what I did...
    Teaching: don't put and Iphone close to a curious waitress

Day 2
    me: may I take your order?
    customer1: I want a taco salad fajita steak with the steak at the side...
    me: ok, you sir?
    customer 2: I want Fajita nachos chicken
    me: ok, so just to confirm I got a taco salad fajita beef...
    customer 1: NO!! I said steak...
    me: that's what I just said...
    customer 1: no you said the other thing...
    me: beef...
    customer 1: yeah! I want steak...
    me: that's the only way we can make a fajita with fajita meat = beef or steak... same thing...
    customer 2: don't mind her... she is vegetarian...
    me: ...

day 3
    At the phone taking an order:
    me: (MEXICAN restaurant name) may I help you?
    customer: what kind of food do you sell?
    me: .... (well... as far as I know the kind of MEXICAN food you eat...)

Day 4
    At the phone
    customer: are you open?
    me:.... (am I not answering the phone? we don't have office hours as far as I know...)

Day 5
    at the phone again
    customer: am I calling (MEXICAN restaurant name)?
    me: ..... (didn't I just say it?)

Day 6
    We close at 9pm... a couple (teenagers) got in at 8:54pm... we still have to serve them... so they asked for the most expensive and hard to cook dish we have... they got it... the cooks left... everyone left but my boss and me... he had to stay to close the restaurant... they literally TOOK THEIR TIME to eat and to TALK... they left at 9:45pm... leaving a dirty table and .50 cents as a tip... >.>... thank you for your consideration... have a good night....................

Day 7
    Big table comes in... 21 people... guess who was their waiter?... you guessed right... me!!!!!! I had 5 tables already... but it was my turn... it was sunday... so that is usual... the funny thing is that the 21 people once served they each one remembered in different times they needed something...
    me: anything else you guys need?
    Customer 1: oh yes! I need a sour cream
    me: ok, anybody else needs anything?
    everyone: .............. *silence*.............
    me: alright then
    when I come back with the sour cream:
    Customer 2: Oh!I needed one too...
    me: >.>... that's ok... *fake smile* aaaaaaaaaaaanyone needs anything else?
    everyone:..................
    when I comeback with the other sour cream
    Customer 3: Oh! can I get....
    and so forth... great!!! I walked like 5 miles that day only with that table... :P
    they left a good tip though...

day 8
    I hate customers with cellphones... specially when it is crowded and I am BUSY!
    me: hi! can i get your drink orders?
    C1: yes! I want a doctor pepper
    me: you?
    c2: *texting...*
    me: *VERY BUSY*excuse me, can you tell me what should I get you to drink?
    c2: *texting and not listening to me*
    me: you! *another man has already signal me that he needs something* I need your drink order please!
    c2: why so rude? I want a water
    me: I apologize for my tone I am a little stressed out (and all that time saying to myself: don't kill the customer, don't kill the customer, don't kill the customer, don't kill the customer......)

Day 9
    the plates we carry on the restaurant are somewhat heavy... specially to me that I am not carrying only one or two at the same time... I am carrying 4 or 5 in one arm and one in another arm....
    *carrying plates to a table*
    me: Fajitas Nachos beef!!
    customers: *chit chatting and not listening*
    me: *my arms are about to give up on me... the plates are HOT and heavy* beef fajita nachos?
    c1: oh! she is here already!
    me: (noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo this is just your imagination!!!!)
    c1: who had that?
    c2: I don't know... what is that?
    c3: *just realizing that I am there* what? oh she is here!
    c1: I think that's mine
    me: (I don't feel my arms anymore)
    c2: no you ordered this and this....
    all the argument on who had what right there when I got the hot and heavy plates on my arm.......
    of course by the time I finish setting food on the table my arms are jello....

Will continue
    Nothing less from Pyro ^_^ Great Sig ^_^ THANK YOU!!!!
    C:\Documents and Settings\MARA\My Documents\My Pictures\Anime room\sigs\music_sig1 mia ^_^.jpg
    "show me.... THE BEAST!!!" The Beauty and the Beast movie

Hazumu is off to a good start
    Thanks

Re: stories of a latino waitress... me :P

Omg, thankies, I am here at work and needed a good laugh. It reminded me of when I worked in food service and I got almost every one of those situations too so all along I was sooooo able to picture your facial expressions as I'm sure they were probably similar to mine ~,~ lol

Poultry Projectile Cannon Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge's Avatar
    Thanks

This reminds me all of the stories my 'X' told me when she use to work at Hell-a-day inn. God, I have great respect for waiters and waitresses... Also I am glad I am not one.
    "MY DEAR... I GIVE YOU THE CAPELLAN CONFEDERATION"
    AND THUS THE WAR WAS STARTED NOT BY GUN SHOT BUT BY WEDDING BELLS

Slam Dunk Da Funk Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai's Avatar
    Thanks

I always respect waiters and waitresses and make sure they're tipped accordingly.
    The better their service was + the better the food was + how much they look like they hate their job/life = how much more I tip them.
    I never under-tip though, that's rude. :/

^^; Just please be sure to treat every customer as a new one. I've had many waiters and waitresses treat me badly just because they've had a bad day. ... I would've gladly tipped them more if they just tried a bit harder.

Learn, live, laugh, GROW 5 Card Draw Champion, Bubble Trouble Champion, Connect 4 Champion, Long Jump Champion, Collapse Champion, BALLZ! Champion, Rotamania Champion, Rotations Champion, Hishi Champion, Domino Pressure Champion, Fun_game1 Champion, Road Blocks Champion, Puzzle Maniax Champion, Cloud Breakout Champion lebasiara may be famous one day lebasiara's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Soshi Kitai View Post
    I always respect waiters and waitresses and make sure they're tipped accordingly.
    The better their service was + the better the food was + how much they look like they hate their job/life = how much more I tip them.
    I never under-tip though, that's rude. :/

^^; Just please be sure to treat every customer as a new one. I've had many waiters and waitresses treat me badly just because they've had a bad day. ... I would've gladly tipped them more if they just tried a bit harder.
    OH no!! I don't treat customers according to my day... that is unethical... I try my best to treat them the best of my abilities... and sometimes the customers think that tipping 1.50 is a GREAT AWESOME tip... even if I worked up really hard... but still I love my job ^_^ I like daling with people ^_^ it is funny, even if I have a bad day it is fnny because a bad day = good stories to tell :P

Hazumu: not a prob I figure a good laugh would help anyone ^_^ I am glad you enjoy it ^_^ here are more ^_^

Day 10

Phone rings
    me: (Mexican rest name) how may I help you?
    person: I want to talk to Mr Lazaro (the manager)
    me: I am sorry he is busy right now (geez some courtesy please?)
    person: well tell him to call 000-000-0000 with Rosy
    me... (HOLY S*** IS THE BOSS!!!! a.k.a the owner and employer of al of us) I will get him for you now...
    person: I thought you said he was busy
    me: *sweating* he just got ready for you...
    Teaching: get a caller ID and MEMORIZE your boss' number so you don't screw up not knowing he is calling you...

Day 11

phone rings
    I have customers infront of the cashier waiting to pay and some waiting to be seated (it was crowded)
    me: (rest name) May I help you?
    customer: I want something to eat
    me: (inner thoughts* really? I thought you just called to say hi... >.>) *very nice and forced soft voice* what can I get you?
    customer: I don't know... Iam not sure what I want... what do oyu think I might want.?
    me: ...... (GREAT NOW I HAVE TO BE A MIND READER!) (people is already stearing at me with not so pretty faces)...
    (Note for me... get a bag and pretend static... and hang up)

Day 12

two customers with dog faces (not so friendly) come in...
    me: hi! how are you?
    customer1: *GLARES!!!* BARK! (I mean he didn't bark... but I think he was about to... :P ) *barking* I WANT A COKE
    me: (oooooooooooooooooooook) *smiling and afraid to get bitten* sure and to you ma'am?
    customer2: *louder and scarier bark* I WANT A TEA
    me: *steping back slooooooooooooooooooowly* sure * fearful smile*
    teaching: dont' run... smile... dogs will hunt you down if you run...

Day 13

in the restaurant we can send money to different countries, most people send it to Mexico (duh!) I know how to send money, but dealing with trouble with the agency I know very very little... very!
    a lady comes in not very happy and tells me that she had a problem with the money she sent like 2 weeks ago... I call my boss... and the aswer I get is: 'you can handle it, call the agency they will tell you what to do' inside of me I KNEW I couldn't handle it... but oh well... he is the boss so now I have to do what I can *sobbing inside* help!
    I call the agency and they ask me for the receit... she had forgotten it... GREAT!... she had to go get it... when she came back she was madder than before (since she had to go back) -sawy not my fault you have amnesia- so anyways it turns out that I had to cancel the transaction... (how I do that? i dont' know...) I call the agency again and tell them everything and that they have to tell me step by step what to do...
    long story short: they sent me a fax I had to fill it up and send it back... I couldn't... for some reason the machine wasn't allowing me to send it... and when it gave signs that it was going to send it... it just made a copy of the last fax... ON THE FAX that I had to send!!!! I lasted struggling with that like 45 min... the lady wasn't happy... I was about to cry... and my boss showed up... WITH A BIG SMILE as in 'life is great'!!!!!!!!!! he took care of it like in 5min.......... <.< I asked my boss about the fax and he told me with a BIG HONKING SMILE: "But Mara, you can't send a fax... not without the passcode that I only know..." ....... (JUST IMAGINE MY FACE AND MY THOUGHTS...) no.. don't imagine my thoughts.......................

Day 14
    in my job sometimes I get to be my friend's waitress...
    me: hey how are you?
    friend:Hey mara! so nice to see you!!! what are yo doing here?
    me: ........ (nothing... I am about to do the monkey dance)

will continue ^_~
    Nothing less from Pyro ^_^ Great Sig ^_^ THANK YOU!!!!
    C:\Documents and Settings\MARA\My Documents\My Pictures\Anime room\sigs\music_sig1 mia ^_^.jpg
    "show me.... THE BEAST!!!" The Beauty and the Beast movie

Fish Fingers & Custard Ice Hockey Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Mini Putt 3 Champion, Ant Tracks Champion, Jungle Hunt Champion, Madnetics Champion, Manole Champion, Blokken Champion, Fast Food Fiasco Champion, Shapes Hifters Champion, Mud and Blood: Vietnam Champion HolderOfTheDarkChalice is making a name for themselves HolderOfTheDarkChalice is making a name for themselves HolderOfTheDarkChalice's Avatar
    someplace where the only light is the moon above
    Thanks

man i cant complain about my day anymore you have had it rough
    atlest you keep the smile not many people could do that and keep
    a job .
    I'll be the one to protect you from your enemies and all your demons
    I'll be the one to protect you from a will to survive and a voice of reason
    I'll be the one to protect you from your enemies and your choices son
    They're one in the same, I must isolate you...
    Isolate and save you from yourself

Poultry Projectile Cannon Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge's Avatar
    Thanks

This is why I don't complain about my job other then the fact I have to get up very early in the morning which is the only real issue I have about it.
    I also know for a fact I can't hand that, I have to big of a temper even though I can handle it for the most part but I will iventually go Churnobal on some one if I am unable to vent long enough and at a job like that you don't, so you would see me on like the 6:00 news or here about my meltdown on the radio.
    "MY DEAR... I GIVE YOU THE CAPELLAN CONFEDERATION"
    AND THUS THE WAR WAS STARTED NOT BY GUN SHOT BUT BY WEDDING BELLS

Zev
    SuperModZilla Zev is making a name for themselves Zev is making a name for themselves Zev's Avatar
    Thanks

lol I know how you feel, I take phone calls all day long, and people are stupid an don't listen. Like when you answer the phone "Thank you for calling Sprint" and they will ask if this is Verison! Customer service can suck, some lady yesterday screamed in my ear for over 30 minutes, then told me to go to hell. So I was glad I wasted over 30 minutes of her time. Which I'm not suppose to blog about my calls, which sucks because I have no vent outlet.

Signature is a Gwenibe original.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast