+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: 14-year-old-girl arrested for texting in class

Poultry Projectile Cannon Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: 14-year-old-girl arrested for texting in class

Arrest is a bit extreme. Well I can't say that I am surprised, weird crap like this happen every day. What should have been done is this. Confiscate the phone. If she refuses and is disrespectful, toss her ass out of the class and have the office staff detain her and take away her phone for the day and notify her parents... Oh and she still has to do the home work, which she would know how to do if she wasn’t being so defiant. If this was the second time, take the phone away for the rest of the semester and repeat the process. Third time, in school suspension.

I remember in my school that this was becoming a problem because teachers were unsure as to how to act. Until they started doing what I already suggested. By the end of the year my teachers confiscated enough phones that they could have opened up their own cell phone store. That was just my teachers, just think about the entire school. Needless to say that problem didn't last long. How ever there were still those who thought they could get away with it and their belligerent attitude got to annoying for even the class. I remember this one girl (One of those pricy stuck up types mind you) was doing this and back sassing the teacher. Eventually the entire class including my self had enough and we all said at once "SHUT UP AND GIVE HER YOUR DAMN PHONE!!"
    "MY DEAR... I GIVE YOU THE CAPELLAN CONFEDERATION"
    AND THUS THE WAR WAS STARTED NOT BY GUN SHOT BUT BY WEDDING BELLS

Otaku lapislazuli is off to a good start lapislazuli's Avatar
    48° 07' – 48° 19' N 16° 11' – 16° 34' E or short: behind you.
    Thanks

I think class suspension is a bit extreme either, because of writing some messages in class that is. I think taking away the cell phone for about 3 times and calling the parents as well as having a talk with the principal ought to suffice. :P
    Extreme cases where they still would not stop taking the cell phone with them, after having taken all the steps ... Well, I don't think that this is going to happen very often anyway. Maybe you could then think about a suspension from school. But I actually don't believe that this would happen very often. No one is that stupid to be suspended from school just because of sending some sms. And if they are, serves them right.
    It should be made totally clear that texting is not allowed and that there are no exceptions to this. Which means, if someone is caught texting in class, confiscate at once and don't debate on it. Rules are rules.
    Teachers in my school are way to mild about this topic. It's not rare that the same student is caught writing several times a day. Except for a demand of putting it away, nothing much is going to happen.
    Or they are pretending that they don't see it, but seriously sometimes it's just too obvious ... I can't think that they could overlook this in any way.
    You are now breathing manually. :P

E&OE;

Newbie anlm3g0dd355 is off to a good start anlm3g0dd355's Avatar
    Thanks

HAHAHAHA that was so rediculous. wat a teacher. tho its was kinda
    her fault it wouldnt have happened if she had gieven him the fone in th efirst place..
    tho calling the police that was a bit drastic. but that was hystercal anyone noe where this happened. state or w.e?
    ~liv laugh love sing dance hope dream bitch......
    are all the things that make mai me, they are things that cant be changed or replaced. im mai and always will be.~

Otaku arekandera is off to a good start arekandera's Avatar
    Thanks

I think it's wasn't necesary to call the police and make such a fuss about a 14 old girl that wouldn't hand over her phone to her teacher after she was caught texting during the class... I mean I do agree with others that have said that she should have been punished in school by teachers with detention or with something else. In my school you can bring your cell phone but you are not allowed to use it during the classes and if you are caught the teacher has the right to take your phone and talk with your parents about it and in some of the cases you won't receive your phone back till the year is over (I mean school year ), but usualy we know what to do if you want to use our phones during the classes and we don't want to be caught (smart kids ) and the teachers don't always do the way they should but doesn't matter for us .
    I just think that she shouldn't have been so stuborn and refuse to hand over the phone and if she was she should have been punished with something else than getting sued. (just my oppinion )

"If you need something to worship, then worship life - all life, every last crawling bit of it! We're all in this beauty together!" - Frank Herbert

Otaku mezzo1991 is off to a good start mezzo1991's Avatar
    Thanks

wow seriously thats horrible. how is he going to call the cops for her textingg thats going way way over board i mean seriously. and the girl wasnt the smartest for hiding the phone in her uh pants. But =/ goes to show how some people over react to small things. i mean hasnt the teacher ever heard of a referal
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    GamerTag: AW joe7x
    Myspace: www.myspace.com/mezzo1991

Newbie Muta The Fat is off to a good start Muta The Fat's Avatar
    Thanks

The girl should have been sent to the principle instead of arrested. Suspension or extra work is a better punishment then arrest and then divulging the story to the media. The girl is now a mainstream laughingstock over a minor offense.
    Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both. ~ Benjamin Franklin

Otaku Skeleton Park Champion, The Streaker Champion Rabanastre is off to a good start
    Thanks

that is one of the stupidest arrests i have heard about and ive heard some stupid arrests, like this one girl got arrested for selling cats that she had peirced, and she called them gothic cats.
    His bell is tolling for you

He wants you to come home

Hell Enforcer George Wants Beer Champion, Monkey Cliff Diving Champion, Tilt 2 Champion hellknight may be famous one day hellknight may be famous one day hellknight's Avatar
    Thanks

whoa, whoa, whoa, A girl shoves a freaking phone up her butt? or in her pants? wow, stubborn little 14 year olds, they do anything just to keep their phone. Pretty much at this age, I think they began stealing as well, I have a step-sister who stole some items from a Mall, but the Mall security caught her trying to steal a purse, WHO steals a purse? thats so freaking insane right now, I mean, 14 year olds acting on their own? where the world has gone these days??? too much movies I think. LOL.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast