+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: 14-year-old-girl arrested for texting in class

NalaMidnight Eggs Champion P.R. Princess may be famous one day P.R. Princess may be famous one day P.R. Princess's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: 14-year-old-girl arrested for texting in class

this is pretty dumb if they cant control her. Seriously shes only 14. Teachers need to have more of a backbone other wise kids are just going to walk all over them.

~Falling in love one step at a time~
    ~ MYSPACE~AWESOME PLACE TO SAVE~

AO Helper Word Slider Champion, Penguin Shot Champion, YetiSports 10 - The End Champion, Yetisports 2 - Orca Slap Champion, Yetisports 3 - Seal Bounce Champion Mega may be famous one day Mega may be famous one day Mega's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by P.R. Princess View Post
    this is pretty dumb if they cant control her. Seriously shes only 14. Teachers need to have more of a backbone other wise kids are just going to walk all over them.
    Well there are legal limitations which prevent teachers from having "more of a backbone". I find it rather ridiculous that such a harsh consequence was assigned for such a negligible offense. With that said, I find it pitiful that somehow something so trivial has even sparked a discussion this lengthy.

Poultry Projectile Cannon Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge's Avatar
    Thanks

Here it goes to hopefully end this. The Student was out of line by disobeying and disrespecting the teacher.
    The teacher took an extreme measure for something as trivial as this. But the teacher though that their hands were tied as they can't touch a student directly as the student could attempt to sue the teacher for physical contact, especially when she put the phone where she did. Thus come in the police.
    The entire thing is ridiculous and stupid. The end. As mega said, it's ludicrous that we are even discussing this for as long as we have.
    "MY DEAR... I GIVE YOU THE CAPELLAN CONFEDERATION"
    AND THUS THE WAR WAS STARTED NOT BY GUN SHOT BUT BY WEDDING BELLS

Otaku SweetCandi is off to a good start SweetCandi's Avatar
    Thanks

i serious this actually happen..this is terrible..just for texting in class.
    i mean i thought what happen in school it you got caught with cell phones, they just would took it away and then at the end of the day u could come and get it..
    geez what is the world coming to..

5. The Following User Says Thank You to SweetCandi For This Useful Post:

animangagrl2772 (Feb 28, 2009)

Newbie animangagrl2772 is off to a good start animangagrl2772's Avatar
    where land and water is made..a place call EARTH
    Thanks

wow im surprised y would they want 2 arrest a 14 year old gurl 4 texting in my skool the teachers simply ask kindly 2 put it away or if not hand it over or if not the teacher would call da "dean" to make them hand it over or if not they would give da student a referral n a phone call home and it iz true kids these days r so hard headed if i had a cell phone i would not b stupid enough 2 text or even call..only if wuz a dying emergency..xd

Otaku clover may be famous one day clover may be famous one day clover's Avatar
    Thanks

when i was in highschool for the first four years they just took them away and gave you five days of tac or two weeks of iss. my last semester they started the policy to keep purses and jackets under your desks to keep from texting and such, if you were caught your parents were called, and suspension. now if its over three times your caught they do have our school cops arrest you. its bogus but its the way of school now

since she refused to turn her phone over it was the schools choice to have this done. Yeah its stupid, but schools take half of the students rights anyway.
    if its been a problem in the school and have put up the warnings and their ignored, as long as they have the school boards permisson they can have them arrested. its becoming a big problem in schools so their taking alot of mesurments to keep the distactions from happening, its wasting the schools time if they just come to text on the phone rather than learining something. So they have to have some way to show they actually mean stop doing this

..........nothing is true, everything is permitted..........

Àddïctëd tø |ăüghïñg :) Sonny Sunshine Champion, Volcano Champion, Aquarium Sprengischen Champion, Spiderman Web of Words Champion, Look Alive Champion iluvmyloser is off to a good start iluvmyloser's Avatar
    Thanks

Wow, Then Im going to jail too soon.

Haha, for texting in class? Wow, take the phone etc..
    But the Police? People are going crazy.
    Yeah, Bye.

Fallen Angel PhoenixSara may be famous one day PhoenixSara's Avatar
    I am in between Heaven's Gate and Hell.Angels are not supposed to fall but i did.
    Thanks

The police part was extreme for me they could have just confiscated herr phone.....crazy teachers.................
    "In your arms is where i will be, I love you till my forever ends."
    Clan Rainstorm 2nd Company, Kunoichi Leader
    PhoenixSara FB / Click Me IMVU/Atlantis RPG/Rules and FAQ/MY BLOG /

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast