+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: 14-year-old-girl arrested for texting in class

Poultry Projectile Cannon Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: 14-year-old-girl arrested for texting in class

If they are on site campus cops then there is no big deal, its not like they called an off campus police department which is then taking this out of hand. How ever, when your in school you are there to learn and NOT goof off.

I have known people have been halled off by campus sicurity for being boligerant like this girl, then I hear people going "Oh my god what is the world coming to." All I have to say is "Are you seriouse? They messed with the bull and got the horns, we are here to learn, not to f**k around in class." My parents have text me in class before, which actually pissed me off because it was distracting and I didn't want to turn it into a drama lama.
    "MY DEAR... I GIVE YOU THE CAPELLAN CONFEDERATION"
    AND THUS THE WAR WAS STARTED NOT BY GUN SHOT BUT BY WEDDING BELLS

Otaku Crab Ball Champion, TurtleSnake Champion, Dibblez Party Champion zoolivemonster is off to a good start
    Thanks

That is the most stupid thing that I had ever heard!!!!!!!!!!
    My signature pic!
    I absolutely love it!

Newbie mdog081193 is off to a good start mdog081193's Avatar
    Thanks

But this isn't just some country where teacher rule the world. Next ther going to go to capital punishment for skipping class.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

4. The Following User Says Thank You to mdog081193 For This Useful Post:

zoolivemonster (Mar 03, 2009)

Otaku Redsquire is off to a good start
    Bonnie Scotland, under a bridge. Och aye. ~<3
    Thanks

Question Re: 14-year-old-girl arrested for texting in class

I lol'd. Seriously, the police can't solve normal crimes because of retard legislation in place protecting the wrongdoers more than the innocent parties, so what do they do? They arrest a girl for texting? Lmao. Seriously, someone needs to get a little bit more time on their hands. Arresting someone simply for texting just sounds... dumb. Just plain and simple dumb.

What is the world coming to? o_o

If someone repeatedly keeps texting when you tell them not to, as the teacher, you can either confiscate the phone, or remove them from class. A reaction like that is a little sad. I've had instances of kids throwing CHAIRS at teachers, and they dont get arrested. Maybe this is in some kind of context, though? Maybe she was ASKED to give up the phone, and turned violent, and HAD to be removed by police or something. I really need to look more into stuff before posting. xD!!

I know, here in Scotland, their particularly bad about mobile phones if your taking a test. You MUST put your mobile phone in a plastic bag before you come, or better yet, leave it behind. If your found with one on your person when your in taking your test, you can be lifted by the shoulders and ushered out of the test hall post-haste. Other than that, mobiles are mobiles. EVERYONE has one, and its just one of lifes things. Only difference is, I wonder how students would feel if a teacher started using one in the middle of class? ^^

"One moment class, just got a text from Britney." *Texttexttext*

College here is pretty lax though. I used to have my mobile just sitting beside my cup of cappucino in the middle of class. If it rang unexpectedly, I apologised, and switched it off. If it was important (emergencies) - this happened once or twice during my year doing the HNC course - then I simply forewarned the teacher, and he gave me the thumbs up to just run outside the class with the phone once it rang.

Theres a time and a place for everything, and its called college! <3<3

My name ish Steph! -Poses as cape flaps in wind- DX
    -=::/ Tanshin Art Studio \::=-

Otaku Crab Ball Champion, TurtleSnake Champion, Dibblez Party Champion zoolivemonster is off to a good start
    Thanks

The police shouldn't punish someone for texting in class. She should've went to the office instead of jail.
    My signature pic!
    I absolutely love it!

Slippery When Wet~ Trampoline Tricks 2 Champion, Togy Ball Champion highteckdudu is off to a good start highteckdudu's Avatar
    The wonderfull world of Minnesota! And I mean that!
    Thanks

Stupid kids, she should have taken responsibility. But no... now she is arrested, but i diont see why it was a big idea to have the police involved it just goes to show that the principal couldn't give responsibility!
    I tryed to see things from your point of view but i cant seem to get my head that far up my ass!
    Visit www.highteckdudu.deviantart.com!

Thanks

I know that is what I'm saying. She should've just been given detention or something.............
    My signature pic!
    I absolutely love it!

Otaku Redsquire is off to a good start
    Bonnie Scotland, under a bridge. Och aye. ~<3
    Thanks

Question Re: 14-year-old-girl arrested for texting in class

... ??

What can you be held responsible for, again? xD It's a girl in class with a mobile phone, texting. It isnt like she's carrying a deadly weapon or something. And it isn't like, harassment if you tell her to put it away, or if you confiscate it, because she's clearly out of bounds as to the respect of the school rules. I've never heard of a single highschool that allows its students to text in the middle of class anymore. xD

Nah, this just seems like an incredibly weird story, if anything else. It's just another case of stupidness, plain and simple. o_o

Even if the girl point-blank refused to put away the phone or anything, ANY of the staff would still be well in their juristiction to remove her from the class. One could quite easily say her actions were having an adverse effect on the other students, and you can't be faulted for that.

My name ish Steph! -Poses as cape flaps in wind- DX
    -=::/ Tanshin Art Studio \::=-

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast