+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: 9.11.01

Femmebot Rehab Colt Crouse Champion, Bookworm Champion, Hangman Champion, Connect 2 Champion Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows's Avatar
    Thanks

I shoulda posted this earlier in the day...

But, who can remember where they were and what they were doing when the planes hit the world trade center?

This is my little tribute post for all who lost loved ones on 9.11

(moment of silence)
    ... Not Ever Again...

Lost in confusion Tetrix 2 v2 Champion Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy's Avatar
    In my imagination restricted by British Society!
    Thanks

Re: 9.11.01

I think I was in Graphics class at the time. Someone came in and told us. I still can't believe its been 7 years. I remember doing a dance piece as my own response to the events in 2006. I still feel sorry for people who lost loved ones in the tragic event.
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    | Sazzy-Bu.co.uk | My Deviant Art | Anime Vector | Otaku Zen | My Twitter | My Tumblr | My last.fm |

Ever So Awesome Kaboom Champion, Archery Champion, Crazy Pool 2 Champion, Ninja-Boy Champion, Bubble Shooter Champion zyta may be famous one day zyta may be famous one day zyta's Avatar
    Thanks

I was sleeping (in class) at the time, think it was U.S. history in middle school.

Visit my blog: Rewriting Life

Legendary Otaku Happy Pill Champion, Monkey Mayhem Champion NeoDeath90 may be famous one day NeoDeath90 may be famous one day NeoDeath90's Avatar
    Thanks

Period one social studies class in 6th grade.

I took it incredibly hard, as i almost lost my uncle. His job was in the WTC. Luckily he was in a business meeting across town, so his life was spared.

But my parents lost an old friend on that day.

Now i treat my fellow man with more respect, and bow my head in respect when i visit NYC.

A bit more serious from me, i know. But this is not a joking matter, wouldn't you agree?
    Why hello there!

Femmebot Rehab Colt Crouse Champion, Bookworm Champion, Hangman Champion, Connect 2 Champion Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows's Avatar
    Thanks

But this is not a joking matter, wouldn't you agree?
    I absolutely agree... which is why , even 7 years later I think it is important to remember the tragedy. Not to give power to terroristic acts... But rather to serve as a reminder of how short and delicate life is... and how quickly it can be taken from us.
    ... Not Ever Again...

The Joker Reincarnate Curveball Champion Jokerman may be famous one day Jokerman's Avatar
    Thanks

Well, I was in NY in class, and... it went off in the intercom that the towers fell. I was 11 so I was like "HUH?" I thought the Japanese did it at first O.O
    Theeen when I got out of skool is when everything hit me, i was crying, ppl walked from MANHATTAN from THE BRONX (where I lived, which is like a two and a half hour walk) with debris on them, cryin and just in fright... it was crazy, the lights were off at my grandma's store (which is gwhere I was at) and.... planes were going over our heads and... i thought i was gonna die... was crazy...

I believe…whatever doesn't kill you simply makes you…stranger.
    Jokerman's Twitter Page: www.twitter.com/JokermanUno
    Thanx Shin Ryuga!!!!

Devoted Otaku Ghattenpaw is off to a good start Ghattenpaw's Avatar
    Thanks

My Husband was a truck driver. I was with him right outside Washington DC when the plane hit the Pentagon. Traffic came to a dead halt. F-16 fighter Planes constantly flew overhead protecting that air space. We were suppose to deliver Cement to Long Island. It took me 4 hours to get a phone that worked to let the families know we were OK. You could see the smoke from where we were. We were stopped for 3 days before they would open any roads. Driving past New York, We both cried when we saw the gaping smoke-filled hole in the New Your skyline. 7 years later I still cry for the victims. I still cry because I remember.

I remember when the plane hit tower 2
    I remember when the plane hit tower 1
    I remember when the plane hit the Pentagon
    I remember when the passengers of the final plane choose to go down
    I remember when both towers fell
    I remember with every tear I shed
    I remember it all very well

Anything is Pawsable
    Growing old is Mandatory-Growing up is Optional

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

I was on a transit bus on my way to school listening to the radio on my walkman when the disc jockey interupted Enter Sandman with the news about the first tower. I skipped all my classes that day and watched the news in the schools library and was looking online for any ounce of news I could find.

During lunch I watched from my schools front lawn as up overhead, plane after plane flew past landing at Winnipeg International Airport. It wasn't until I got home that I learned that since my dad was an Air Traffic Controller for the military, he was called in to replace the traffic controllers at Winnipeg International and was one of the ones directing all the plans to land at the air port. He pretty much called my mom, told her to put his gear on the back step and that he wouldn't be home for a day or two.

While I see that the war in Afganistan, which was a direct retaliation for the attacks on 9/11, as a Just war, I'm saddened that it was eventually used as a stepping stone for the Bush Family's personal war against Iraq.

And I was saddened yet again as I watched both presidental candidates "Call a truce to remember 9/11". Bull. It was a publicity stunt and good press for both candidates, and it detracted from signifigance of the event. They had no right to usurp news coverage on the memoral.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast